Jazzooo wanted to know:
>Are there any plans to make the 2480 better able to interact with other recording platforms, ie: time-stamped .wav files

The VS-2480 *already* can burn your tracks as 24-bit .WAV files to a CDR, that you can open up the CD in your favorite software application, select all files, and drag them all in one fell swoop into your playlist. And they all line up (sync up) perfectly. Just "park" them all to the same point in your software's timeline (typically at 00:00:00) and everything is perfectly lined up. So you never need to worry about realigning the .WAV files in your software application. Was this what you meant by "time-stamped .WAV files"?

>...multiple simultaneous .wav export

It's already in there. The only catch: the batch of .WAVs that you select to export can not exceed the capacity of one blank CDR.

>.... and import

I'm assuming you mean "batch .WAV import", as it's already possible to import individual mono or stereo .WAVs into the VS-2480. I have been requesting this for some time. I can't say if it will ever happen or not.

> not having to buy the always rare (and apparently finnicky according to what I've read and my own experience on this album) DIF-AT box, not going down to 20 bits to use the ADAT interface, etc, or do you believe this will be addressed in a new machine down the road?

Hmmmm... ask me that same question again on January 15th....

Laura Tyson
via Hope, NJ office