SecretChimp
(Space Cadet)
12/07/18 01:39 AM
VS 2480CD Internal CD after Mastering ...Sounds Like Alvin and the Chipmunks!

When Mastering a CD in the internal CD drive....The master CD plays so fast at a way higher pitch on any CD player.. that it sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks...Playback on the VS 2480CD is normal speed during finalization....I know it's gotta to be me that is missing something elemental...Any Advice for Alvin is appreciated...

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
12/07/18 03:11 AM
Re: VS 2480CD Internal CD after Mastering ...Sounds Like Alvin and the Chipmunks!

The usual culprit is that there's a sample rate issue. If you happened to have had external gear hooked up who's sample rate was 48k, for instance, and the 2480 was using the external clock to sync while working/recording. Then, if your original recording mode/sample rate was 44.1k, playback with the external 48k device disconnected would make your tracks play faster.

If your original sample rate was 32k on the 2480, with no external gear hooked up, then it might be possible that the 2480's CD write routine would force the conversion from 32k to 44.1k and thus create a CD that the pitch and speed of the recording would be too fast on playback in a cd player.

I don't even know if the 2480 had 32k sample rate as an option, as the 1680 does, or if the 2480's cd write process can upsample your recording from 32k to 44.1k - but an audio cd must be at 44.1k, so if you recorded at 32k, then burned a cd on the 2480, then it MUST be able to upsample......

These are just examples of how your cd could be playing music that's too fast and too high pitched.