Old gezzer
(Space Cadet)
05/23/20 03:04 PM
Channel link..

Hello all..
Im new to the forum although I have communicated with Frank many times Bless him. Sadly missed. My problem. I cannot get the channel link when clicked to show a L and R signal. I have followed the instructions from Franks instructions but no joy..Lets say 1 mic into ch 1 then link hopefully getting two signals L and R to be able to have separate signals on 1 an 2.... Any thoughts and guidance would be appreciated.
Old gezzer..

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
05/23/20 04:55 PM
Re: Channel link..

I can't offer the solution for getting the link to happen, since I don't use a 2480, but if you are doing as your example - feeding a single mono input into two separate channels, wouldn't it be just as easy to record the one channel and then copy that track to the desired second channel?

Old gezzer
(Space Cadet)
05/23/20 06:08 PM

Many thanks for your reply uptildawn..
Yes it is logical what you say..I have done this, but because it there to be used I would like to get it sorted just to know I guess..
Regards
Old gezzer

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
05/23/20 06:24 PM

I figured this as well. Somebody who knows will answer soon, I'm sure.

calypso
(Planeteer)
05/24/20 08:17 PM

If you turn on the channel link, it will link 1 and 2 (faders work together, parameters like compression and EQ work together, pan knobs become a stereo pair, etc) BUT there won't be any audio on ch2 unless you specifically record signal to it.

Am I not understanding the question?

calypso
(Planeteer)
05/24/20 08:40 PM

In the patch bay it is possible to route an input to two channels on the input mixer - but only in pairs (that can't be changed). So, for example, I can route signal from input 3 to both ch 1 and ch 3 on the input mixer.
On the track assign section, I can attach input mixer 3 to recording track 2. That would give me the signal from input 3 on both ch 1 and 2 of the track mixer (which could then be linked as a stereo pair for mixing).

Old gezzer
(Space Cadet)
05/25/20 07:30 AM

Thank you for your feedback everyone...It is good to know a question asked will be answered. Maybe the Ch function does not get used very often, although going through the thread by Jo go who has used the function for years but now has trouble, the message might be leave alone if not required. Not very often do I venture beyond 16 tracks so there is plenty to play with.
Many thanks stay safe..
Old gezzer