Ismellelephant
(Loquacious Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:08 PM
Can You Say Whackadoodle?

Religious CEO/Pastors who are keeping their businesses open suck. It seems it is a stand against their freedom to worship being taken away. But once the attendees of this Jesus sewer step outside they are taking others freedom away.
Tax these businesses out of existence!

God Bless!

Liquidirt
(Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:27 PM
Re: Can You Say Whackadoodle?

While I agree with you that it's stupid to be congregating, but I will refer you to the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

If people want to stupid than they will pay the price.

WishAdministrator
(Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:30 PM

They have a lot of overhead.

How are they going to pass the collection plates, if there aren’t people or customers there?

Some of those places in the South haven’t figured out how to take digital payments yet, so transactions need to take place in person.

Bless their hearts.

Mooseboy
(Loquacious Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Liquidirt
While I agree with you that it's stupid to be congregating, but I will refer you to the 1st Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

Agreed 100%.

And it's worthwhile posting the actual First Amendment every once in a while. People are so fucking stupid that they whine about their "First Amendment Rights on The Planet".

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The first word is "CONGRESS". The First Amendment has NOTHING to do with private business.

Ismellelephant
(Loquacious Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:41 PM

Not sure what these churches have to do with religion, they are a business.

WishAdministrator
(Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:42 PM

lol

I_CaneFire
(Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:44 PM

Cost of freedom. Let Darwinian theories take effect. My job is to stay away from them.

Though I think I had this virus around xmas time. I had all the symptoms and it was the worst fever and bod pain I ever had.So maybe I was passing it around unknowingly. Ignorance was bliss, perhaps.
Ian

Ismellelephant
(Loquacious Planeteer)
04/06/20 11:49 PM

Legal experts say that while religious groups generally have wide latitude to worship under the 1st Amendment and state-by-state religious freedom laws, rules shutting down worship are "legally sound if they apply across-the-board to all types of group meetings."
According to a national survey released last week of regular churchgoers, 17% of people said services were still ongoing despite warnings over the spread of the coronavirus.

So do video gatherings for Christ sake. Jesus won't know you aren't at the place of business. Jesus isn't anywhere near these businesses anyway.
God Bless( Red Skelton Style)

ulank
(Planeteer)
04/07/20 12:03 AM

Even Jesus worships Apple.

WishAdministrator
(Planeteer)
04/07/20 12:16 AM

The interface is more intuitive.

pbrowne
(Planeteer)
04/07/20 12:56 AM

LD, i see the people who congregate in churches doing the same kind of thing as someone who yells fire in a crowded theater - i support their right to do whatever they want unless it puts others in harms way, which their conduct does.