Winerz
(Planeteer)
05/27/13 12:49 PM
Sound Blender - hidden modulation controls?

Hey all, I recently got hold of Sound Blender and am really impressed with it. However, it also puzzles me! To sum up, it's like there are a bunch of contols hidden from the user - specifically for the modulation routing.

I searched high and low for a manual (the quick start guide that comes with the CD is a joke) and I could only find the manual for the Pro Tools version of the plugin. In this manual, a substantial Modulation Routing section is included, clearly showing you can route LFOs to different destinations, such as panning, filter sweep etc. However for the VS version, I just can't see where you find those controls, or even if they are accessible in the first place!

The Sound Blender presets are clearly grouped into types - Filter, Auto Panner and so on. As you navigate through the presets you can clearly hear different things being modulated - pan on one preset, and filter sweep on the other, etc.

So either they made an easier-to-use but less flexible version of SoundBlender for VS (compared to Pro Tools) where routing is hard-wired depending on the preset, or I'm being an idiot! Can anyone help me find out which of these statements is correct?

Cheers
Winerz

Winerz
(Planeteer)
05/27/13 12:53 PM
Re: Sound Blender - hidden modulation controls?

(This is the TDM version manual I found by the way - the Modulation Control Panel is shown on page 14)

http://www.soundtoys.com/common/php_framework/cms_resources/documents/SoundBlender%20Manual.pdf

keeppracticing
(Planeteer)
05/31/13 12:13 AM
Re: Sound Blender - hidden modulation controls?

I have no idea, I don't have it yet, but you might want to also try contacting the company directly.