Garypegb
(Space Cadet)
11/27/13 03:37 PM
Presonus V-Fire

Hi, my first post. Does anyone know if 2 Presonus V-Fire units can be daisy chained together for 32 channels of RBus in the VM7000 system. I am using a Mac with 10.6 Snow Leopard. Thanks

Frans
(Planeteer)
12/19/13 08:26 AM
Re: Presonus V-Fire

On Mac this is usually the case.

Frans
(Planeteer)
12/19/13 11:34 AM

One of those is coming my way. I installed the drivers from the newer firewire units. Maybe it will accept the V-fire too. (On win8.1 64 bit)

Frans
(Planeteer)
12/20/13 04:04 PM

Grrr... I installed the latest greatest 64 bit firewire driver. It installed (clean system) (Windows 8.1.). And the v-fire is recognised without issue...

But then dissapears... Like some script is happening .... hmmm....

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
12/20/13 06:16 PM

M-Audio had a history of firewire driver issues that often caused the interface to get lost... usually required a reboot at minimum and a reinstall of the driver files sometimes as well.
Maybe this is a similar issue you are running into.

Have you tried rebooting to see if the interface comes back?
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?
Have you tried searching the Presonus forums to see what others may have discovered?

Frans
(Planeteer)
12/20/13 09:22 PM

I've now installed the driver of the Presonus lightpipe unit. And baoom. I now get 16 channels of v-fire in and outputs when in ASIO mode. Nice.... Tomorrow I'll see if my VSR880 will play nice... It's been in a cold barn... for quite some time. And it looks as if the sdcard is damaged or so...

It would be nice if anyone with a Presonus Vfire could test the unit on WIN8.1. and Presonus universal drivers for the firestudio lightpipe 1.72 drivers. They seem to work... Now to test with some audio...

Working here with two laptops both with firewire. One a P4 with WIN7. And this one with W8.1. A intel core2duo... Both have two harddisks...

Frans
(Planeteer)
12/22/13 05:08 PM

I'm now listening to a song on my VSR880. Wich I recorded from my computer running Windows 8.1 64 bit using the Presonus firestudio lightpipe driver.

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
12/22/13 10:26 PM

Great news! Congrats!!

Frans
(Planeteer)
01/08/14 11:29 AM

Is there anyone on the forum using two VSR880's and a V-fire?

Frans
(Planeteer)
01/11/14 08:14 PM

For those struggling with getting a solid sync. Here's how. Setup your hardware (i.e. VS2480 or similar R-bus device) according to manual. Start up your pc and install the Presonus 1.72 universal driver. (Restart pc/Mac)

Connect the Presonus V-fire. After bootup do not start DAW or hardware. Open the presonus Universal driver panel. Now wait till the link light turns blue. If it keeps flashing red change the modes from the universal driver. Start at safe mode 2. Wait till the V-fire turns blue. Then go back to as low as you can go.

Make sure the DAW and the external hardware are set to the same sample rate. Start first the hardware and then the DAW. Make sure you have prepared a setup in your daw with the desired samplerate. Now you should have sound!! (if your routing is in place offcourse). Hope this helps...

Remember: The V-fire is working as central clock since it has no wordclock connections. It will receive clock sync over R-bus. So the DAW should be set to follow AUDIO. OR MMC.