mmarcm
(Space Cadet)
07/05/11 03:21 AM
Is there a way to import music files to the vs 840ex directly through cables?

s there a way to import music files to the vs 840ex directly through cables?
Marc

Maps and Guitars
(Planeteer)
07/14/11 09:43 PM
Re: Is there a way to import music files to the vs 840ex directly through cables?

If you have a PC with the BR8 software, you can import WAV files right to an 840EX file; that's the best I can think of.

GiveMeApps
(Planeteer)
09/02/11 09:59 AM
Re: Is there a way to import music files to the vs 840ex directly through cables?

I've never known that you could use a VS840EX (or any VS840) with BR8 Software, of that you could connect it (a VS880 maybe) directly to a PC/Mac.

The most is accessing it with a PC with a Zip Drive.

Maps and Guitars
(Planeteer)
09/03/11 01:04 PM

If you've done the conversion to use a CF card, you can use the BR8 software on a PC. I do it all the time.

Pity that there's no Mac option.

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
09/03/11 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Maps and Guitars
If you've done the conversion to use a CF card, you can use the BR8 software on a PC. I do it all the time.

Pity that there's no Mac option.

Interesting to know, as I haven't been able to use the BR8 software with anything yet.... It always tells me right up front that the drive is not a BR8 drive and refuses to go any deeper than that.

How are you doing it and with which machine(s) VS files?

Maps and Guitars
(Planeteer)
09/06/11 05:30 PM

It's a VS840 EX, converted to take CF cards. It only works with older CF cards (I understand they're formatted the same as Zipdiscs were.) You have to have a VS 840 file on the card ready to receive any tracks you want to import from the computer if you're going WAV -> VS; Going VS -> WAV is easier.

I think, but I don't know for certain, that the BR8 reader plays nicely with zip disks.

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
09/07/11 03:04 AM

Interesting.
Wonder if it'd work with 1680 files on a zip disk?
I might give it a try later this week.

Maps and Guitars
(Planeteer)
09/07/11 01:29 PM

Probably not, since the BR8 basically wrote to VS840 files, with the same amount of tracks and v-tracks.

bert
(Planeteer)
01/12/12 04:16 AM

BR8 will work with a pc harddrive too. You have to save all the files of a song on the 840 disk to the C:\ drive and then use the BR8 pointing to the C:\ drive on your PC. I may be wrong. It's be years since I've been using the 840. I do recall the gx uses a different BR8 program and not sure it works the same way.

Cornjerker
(Planeteer)
01/18/12 12:03 AM

... eh ... what Mr. Hotwheels said ... (hey Bert ...) ;\)

WishAdministrator
(Planeteer)
01/18/12 01:01 AM

Awwww...it's like a little vs840 reunion.

Hi Bert! Hi Jack!

How's life?

Cornjerker
(Planeteer)
01/19/12 09:53 PM

Wife retires in June. Then watch out world! How 'bout you?

WishAdministrator
(Planeteer)
01/26/12 03:43 AM

Well, I'm not really loving my life at the moment, but it could always be worse.

I still grab a guitar once in awhile and bang on the drums a couple of times a month.

Yeah...life could always be worse.

Can you post a link to your forum, Jack?

I don't have it anymore.

Thanks. Later.

Cornjerker
(Planeteer)
01/31/12 12:35 AM

It's at http://www.lastoverture.com

Mostly a quiet place, any thread you start there is guaranteed to be hijacked by the 6th post.

Cornjerker
(Planeteer)
01/31/12 12:37 AM

PS - I got an email from Jack Plaggenburg (Bassmusician) the other day. Still hanging in there, playing a little, thinking about recording again. Would love to get down MO way some day to meet him - but don't know when.

bert
(Planeteer)
12/21/14 03:52 AM

3 years later Mr. hot wheels says hey Jack, Wish. lol kinda just going through some old pcs and found the old planet site again. Cool. Thought it went bye bye. see ya in a few more years.