VirDISDeveloper
(Planeteer)
10/18/18 06:01 PM
WAV IMPORT feature

We have WAV IMPORT (2480) working now for ISO files (with embedded WAVs) made with both ImgBurn and MagicISO utilities. Do any of you know of any others? Had to make code adjustments for MagicISO because of the poor way they implemented the Primary Volume Descriptor. Other utilities suggested here may involve further code tweaking .. will post progress here. Bill

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
10/18/18 06:44 PM
Re: WAV IMPORT feature

ImgBurn has become my regular burning tool these days. Don't know if you want to check Nero, but it used to be quite big - don't know if they have a free version (I think free has been winning out over functionality and features for quite awhile now).

EAC (exact audio copy) is another that people used to highly recommend - might be worth checking. CD Creator also used to be quite big. Burrrn CD burner is also another one that can deal with ISO images - and the claim was when I first heard of it, that it could also burn EAC's noncompliant image + cue sheets, which might say something about how EAC works... Not sure about these programs and ISO, so much as I am about their popularity as burning programs that could work with lots of formats and cue files.

It's so great to hear you've made some major headway in the wav import dept. - even if it isn't in the cards for my poor little 1680. \:\(

If it'll help any, here's an article listing/describing 10 free ISO burning programs from 2016: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-burn-images-on-a-cddvd/

I've only used/tried 2-3 of these - the two that come to mind ImgBurn and Free ISO Burner worked pretty well.

jazzbassnick
(Planeteer)
10/18/18 07:06 PM

I've always used DeepBurner for creating ISOs

VirDISDeveloper
(Planeteer)
10/19/18 07:19 AM

Thanks very much to uptildawn and jazzbassnick for their posts - we'll look into the ISO utilities mentioned ..

RD
(Planeteer)
10/19/18 02:25 PM

Bill, disregard my emailed question re the 1680 as I think the above from Uptildawn addresses it.

I'll be using Reaper to receive wav files and either recording the wav digitally into my 1680, or maybe using the sync function...whichever is easier I guess! :-)

Steve Phillips
(Planeteer)
10/20/18 11:04 AM

What are the use cases for this feature?

Is it just to recover WAV files from a previous WAV export? Or can we create an iso image containing WAV files from files/directories on the PC and import them into the 2480?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand what this functionality can be used for.

C Jo Go
(Loquacious Planeteer)
10/22/18 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve Phillips
What are the use cases for this feature?

Is it just to recover WAV files from a previous WAV export? Or can we create an iso image containing WAV files from files/directories on the PC and import them into the 2480?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand what this functionality can be used for.

We generally receive WAV's from Drop Box or similar .. SO: do we drag those into the IMGburn file and they magically go through VIRDIS -- appearing on a PROJECT ? This might take some serious "hand-holding" >> for novices ..:-)

VirDISDeveloper
(Planeteer)
10/28/18 01:37 AM

In the new VirDIS version (4.3) the added WAV IMPORT functionality is for loading (into a 2480 or any other model that has the WAV IMPORT function) an ISO file into which the the user has embedded WAV(s) via utilities like ImgBurn or MagicISO. If anyone wants to use a different one, we'd like to hear of it - thanks!

uptildawn
(Planeteer)
10/28/18 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: VirDISDeveloper
In the new VirDIS version (4.3) the added WAV IMPORT functionality is for loading (into a 2480 or any other model that has the WAV IMPORT function) an ISO file into which the the user has embedded WAV(s) via utilities like ImgBurn or MagicISO. If anyone wants to use a different one, we'd like to hear of it - thanks!

Is there a tutorial of some sort that would help people understand/learn how to create and then use an ISO loaded with .wav files to go into a VS project? I think that would be really helpful to many - no matter what level of experience they come from. Maybe a video tutorial could make the process very clear....

C Jo Go
(Loquacious Planeteer)
11/05/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: uptildawn

Is there a tutorial of some sort that would help people understand/learn how to create and then use an ISO loaded with .wav files to go into a VS project? I think that would be really helpful to many - no matter what level of experience they come from. Maybe a video tutorial could make the process very clear....

Desperately needed on my end .. MYKE's video on the VIRDIS made everything so understanding ... Never even seen a ISO file Some of us are simply older musicians > first and primary ~~ way before a computer savvy artist .. It will always be hard to sell a modern product > if the end user has no idea how to work it into their daily lives.