Page 9 of 9 « First<56789
Topic Options
#1521585 - 02/28/17 07:22 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Dr. Altsack aka Volltreffer]
Dr. Altsack aka Volltreffer Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Munich, Germany
...and btw the sample rate error is REALLY unlikely, as I created and read the old files with soundbooth before. (And there were also stereo WAVs...)

It might as well be the luck of having some 2^n length of samples or so - but I don't care too much, as it worked out nice. I MIGHT try to use different MasterTrack than 23/24 - maybe they are strange in MTP/88,1 ... I'll go and verify the CDs - it might have been an error with them, too... I'm gonna keep the ripped files for a while, if the SW authors wanna use them for trying out, it might be helpful, and I could place the stuff on dropbox for transfer.

aXel
------------------
\:D imply depressed \:D

#1523954 - 03/20/17 11:14 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: shanabit]
Jacksn Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: GA, USA
Good morning. I would have thought I understood by now how to recover the "Whole" project of, MULTIPLE CD BACKUPS from my live rehearsals of our band via VS WaveExport- But seems, I still can't figure it out.
e.g.: We record over an hour and a half of MTP/24bit 6 track material which requires at least 2 CD-Rs to backup. I take those home and try to extract them via the VS WaveExport s/w, but still just don't understand exactly how to do a multi-CD extraction and have all the files from all CDs converted together into WAVs. I always have a problem in REAPER having all the material. This includes me with experimentation of cutting files into other folders, etc. etc. with no success.
Can someone please explain step by step the proper way to RECOVER a MULTI-CD Backup of RDAC from my VS-2400CD thru the VS WaveExport s/w? I have read the excellent PDF instructional (and downloaded it), but still can not get my head wrapped around multi-cd recovery. Some help on this from a "VS WaveExport for Dummies" perspective would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys!

#1523967 - 03/20/17 03:53 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Jacksn]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Loc: on land
Bear, the developer of the CD ripper had said this in an earlier post on pg 5 of this thread:
 Originally Posted By: bear
I have never tried a project that was so big it spanned two dvd... that is one large project -

In general - I have never had good luck ripping projects that span multiple discs from the shell out of VSWE - it has only worked for me from the command line direct execution of the ripper - Always rip the discs in order, and from the same file folder - if it works properly it will create the song folder from the first disc, and then add the additional take files from the second in the same folder.

This applies to CDs as well as DVDs and I can verify that multiple disc backups are problematic and should be avoided.
If you've followed bear's advice (above) and it isn't working for you, then maybe it's time to stop creating multi-disc sessions.

These are band rehearsals - It shouldn't be terribly difficult to learn to keep an eye on the machine and take a short break to stop and change to a new project (or figure out how long you can practice before you need to stop the machine). Instead of multi-cd spans of a single project/session, you'd be creating separate cds that contain only as much as can be put on one disc and avoid the issues. I'd avoid filling a disc completely to the brim, too. I'm pretty sure that doing so caused me issues when ripping in the past.

Also, if following bear's instructions isn't working, why not reimport those multi-disc sessions back to your VS and then chop the size of the long single session into multiple shorter sessions that can be backed up to single discs.

Frank and I have both posted instructions on the two methods I know of to break a single session up. You can find those instructions in this thread, if you sift through the posts. Basically, either use Song Split, along with the advice/strategy I've posted, or use the Song Copy method that Frank posted. Both methods can work really well, but you will want to start with plenty of free hard drive space - maybe backup anything current that needs to be saved to a disc, or discs first, so you can free up the hard drive and then reimport one of those long sessions and learn how to split it up.

Hope this helps. It's not exactly what you asked for, but it will save you a lot of grief in the future for sure.

#1531509 - 05/22/17 06:48 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
mike gouthro Offline
Planeteer

Loc: toronto,ontario,canada
In case this thread get read more frequently than the 1680 thread, I'm duplicating my post here as well:

Back in 2010 I used Bear's Reaper/Ripper tool on a 1680 backup disc and created a folder with a SONG.VR6 file along with multiple TAKE files.

I also downloaded the VS plugin: "reaper_vs.dll" and was then able to use Reaper to work on the 1680 songs.

I still have the SONG.VR6 folder and I want to do more work.

Because I replaced my PC a couple of years ago, I no longer have the "reaper_vs.dll" plugin.

Toady I tried to reacquire reaper_vs.dll from:

http://www.ps139.com/vs880ex/util

I got a red screen message "This site ahead contains harmful programs" etc

Is this site really dangerous? If so, where can I safely acquire reaper_vs.dll?

Thanks...........Mike

#1541049 - 08/09/17 02:49 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: mike gouthro]
randygo Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Washington
FYI, I cracked Roland's mangled FAT16 layout. Info on this thread:

http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1540857#Post1540857

Cheers,

Randy

Edited by randygo (08/09/17 02:49 AM)

#1545270 - 09/21/17 11:19 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: randygo]
mobofsquirrels Offline
Debaser
Planeteer

Nevermind, I found the answer!

Edited by mobofsquirrels (09/25/17 10:58 PM)

#1546846 - 10/08/17 09:51 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: shanabit]
Monkeyfingers Offline
Planeteer

Loc: St. Charles, Illinois
Hey guys,
First of all, I hope everyone is safe and doing well.
Are Windows 10 and Reaper/VS Wave EXport/.BAT not compatible? I can get the back-up to cd from the 2480, run it on the pc in DOS with the cd2roland file, get the congratulations on the file xfer, etc., but that is where I'm now having no success opening my song.
BTW, my old songs on Reaper are all missing dozens of files and will not play any tracks.
So, anyone have any suggestions? Also, what about listening to fellow planeteers songs anymore? Does anyone do that? Thanks.

#1564587 - 03/04/18 07:06 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Zed Leppelin]
PAZZA Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: UK
To Jazzbassnick,
I found this thread by Frank posted some time ago; might be helpful for many Planeteers.

I link the master tracks in the track 23/24 channel edit pages and they usually come out stereo .wav,
I have a FREE manual with step by step on this.
Email me at Fcgjabq@aol.com

Here's a portion on this...

EXPORTING MASTER TRACKS
When you get to the V-Track map in the TRACK EXPORT window, you’ll have to scroll thru all the tracks and their V-tracks to get to track 23, check mark its V-track you mastered to then scroll to track 24 and check mark its same V-track you mastered to.

Even though you have to check mark both the left and right mono tracks in the track export window, the VS will still combine them into one STEREO PAIR in to a single stereo file as long as you have them LINKED. Bring them forward in the HOME screen, selecting the V-Tracks on the V-track map and then link them on track 23’s CH-Edit page. If you do not LINK them before exporting master tracks they will wind up being MONO left and right files.

Also, if you export mastered tracks, the CD-R Mode 16bit pairs will be exported as stereo .wav files but with the non-CD-R mode mastered tracks in 24bit, if you do not have them linked and check mark the L & R tracks to be exported, they will turn out to be MONO .wav files. If you want STEREO .wav files, be sure to link them and check both left & right to be exported at the same time.

It can be tricky but you can export STEREO .wav format mastered tracks in 24bit. They will come out with a file name similar to this: 2316V_T23_16.WAV. Notice, track 24 is not in the title, weird but OK. Once done linking the tracks and exporting them, don’t forget to go back and select empty V-tracks or the original V-tracks that were in the HOME screen. The stereo .wav files are 24bit so some apps that only play 16bit audio will not open them ie Window’s Media Player!
Hope this helps
Frank
VS2480DVD,3-VS8F-2/1-VS8F-3 & 5 plugins+Auto-Tune,MassHiRes EQ,UA Bundle,Chrometone,Soundblender/TC Reverb,T-Racks.Dyns BM5A's,Roland DS50A's,M-Audio 2.1,PreSonus TubePre w/Rode NT1000,SM57&58,MXL V57&V67,B-5,XV5050,Yamaha P200,Oxygen8 V2,Behring V-amps,SansAmp DI, Taylor,Gibsons,Fender,Ric,Washburn Bass.2 RPC-1's,PC Sonar 4, Acid 5, Wavelab etc.

#1567246 - 03/25/18 08:55 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: PAZZA]
Doolang Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Moncton
Anyone have any luck with VS WaveExport and Windows 10? do Franks instructions still apply?
#1567249 - 03/25/18 09:26 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Doolang]
powermac Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Houston, Tx
I would like to know the same thing. Have Windows 10 and would like to create some .wav files and export to Reaper.
#1567364 - 03/26/18 06:06 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: powermac]
mobofsquirrels Offline
Debaser
Planeteer

VSWE worked fine on my windows 10 system.
#1598162 - 01/13/19 05:29 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: mobofsquirrels]
C Jo Go Offline
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
Anyone tried to access a VIRDIS HD file and drag those WAVs into a DAW -- via the VSWE ?? Is that how the process is done ??

Edited by C Jo Go (01/13/19 05:29 AM)

#1598166 - 01/13/19 07:25 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: C Jo Go]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Let's see if this is helpful, or if it even copies in like I want it to... NOPE... pictures aren't copying into this reply. I will put images in a folder in OneDrive and post the link at the bottom of this reply/instructions. I will leave it up for a few days, anyway. Eventually the link will be no good - then you will need to PM me for it...

So, here’s a quick picture show of how I know how to use VSWE with a CD ripped with bear’s cd ripper (found in the Extras menu of VSWE). And then one of a VirDIS HDD file…
I am assuming you can rip a CD already and I am assuming you can create and store projects in VirDIS:

From the CD ripper extract:
1- locate ripped SONG folder and choose a SONG (SONG in all caps being the default name given by bear’s ripper – you may have and should rename those folders as part of your regular rip process).

2- Open SONG folder of choice and grab the SONG.VR file that corresponds to your VS model – the 1680 rip creates a SONG.VR6 file. A 2480 creates a different named file.

3- Drag SONG.VR file into VSWE’s main window – Project song title will be the same as that in the .txt file seen just above the VR6 file in #2.

4- Highlight the Project SONG file in VSWE – notice little green boxes pop up in matrix on the right – Click the ALL button below the matrix (or click only the tracks you want in the matrix). The green boxes will be outlined in red when selected.

5- Notice also, the Export To path – you must set it up – my suggestion is to create default main folder – Notice mine says D:\Files Audio\Rip0000\ - - you can leave the song title blank, or add the name after the “\” at the end of the file path. VSWE will offer to and create the folder for the export for you, if you did not do it yourself, but it may end up inside a wrong folder – so best to add this song title last every time.

Extract files from VirDIS HDD file through VSWE:

6- Find HDD Files and highlight/drag one into the VSWE main window.
7- Follow all previous steps to export wav files – Import into Reaper or whatever DAW.
All tracks will always be time-aligned automatically, if you import them all on their own track channels, starting at zero.

There are a few caveats to this process –
1- Your files and process for saving may be different than what I’ve outlined.
2- You can run into snags – errors, event errors (see example), zero byte exports (can be redone individually to make them correct), possibly other things I don’t recall or know about. Some things can be fixed, sussed out and corrected….. other things just are head scratchers – they either spell disaster, or you ignore them and discover your exported wav files are actually okay – I can’t predict any of this and I don’t know if the developer still cares enough to answer questions, if you can find him. Hope this is helpful…. I may have to send this as a separate attachment if it doesn’t copy to the forum the way I want it to……
Example error message:

Here's the OneDrive link - good for at least a few days or a bit longer:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApQxVDASwyuYklF4JEy99-ztr7HT

#1646783 - 03/05/20 09:49 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
wailinfree Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Maryland
Is there a new VS WE link to download. I tried downloading from the link at the begginning of this thread but got a not safe message. Im trying to relearn the VS2480.
Thanks

VS2480

#1646786 - 03/05/20 10:05 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: wailinfree]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

That VSWE link is as good today as it's been since it was put there years ago. The problem is that some people's computer software won't allow it to be downloaded because of a false positive trojan suspect file - which isn't.

I just tried downloading it again - then added the .zip extension to the end and could open the compressed folder to see the files with no issues. I will say that I had one computer a couple years ago that would always give me that virus alert and then strip out the file it suspected, even when it would allow me to download the file with no extension (like it currently is). I never figured out how to get around that one, except to use a different computer.

Maybe if you could manage to download it and unzip it on a different system and then copy over just the individual files to a new folder you might get lucky?

Bear used to upload special requests of what he called "clean" copies of VSWE with CD2Roland and for some reason those would work for people, if I recall. I couldn't say why..... There's somebody else that was making a version 1.25 available, but I've forgotten who - I think you might find a thread or two and could send him a pm, if you check the 880 and 1680 forums, if not this one too.

#1646800 - 03/05/20 11:23 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
wailinfree Offline
Planeteer

Ok thanks
I think I have a downloaded file from 6 years ago
I'll look for that. I wasnt sure if there was a newer version
I remember bear helping
Not sure how i got around it last time
But if that software is still good I'll try and find it
Thanks again

VS2480

#1646836 - 03/06/20 02:08 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: wailinfree]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

1.24a was the last version for years and should work perfectly fine, if you have it. Bear's CD2Roland (the ripper program) is included in VSWE 1.24a and should be something like Cd2Rol022... at least that's the last version I have as a standalone from 2010 and 2012.

#1646877 - 03/06/20 02:38 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
wailinfree Offline
Planeteer

Thanks I'm pretty sure I have it and ripper
From what I'm read I guess it will work on windows 10
Off topic
I now need to change battery
Any link to directions
I know it's not hard as I replaced the effect cards and modes the ch version I have with DVD
I also have a service manual
Just wondering how many screws
I'll tackle this hopefully later today
Thanks for all your help uptildawn

VS2480

#1646879 - 03/06/20 02:45 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: wailinfree]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

If it's like other VS models, the battery should be accessible through the fx card opening.

#1647045 - 03/07/20 02:27 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
wailinfree Offline
Planeteer

I got it done yesterday
Just wasnt sure if I had to take apart
Glad I didnt
Thanks

VS2480

#1650128 - 03/27/20 08:06 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: shanabit]
justplaneray Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: Boston, MA
This is a cry for help - you can see I registered on the forum a couple of years ago, but I've been too much of a luddite to make use of my 2480, and it has sit still. Recently my simple old 16 track Fostex died and I used the 2480 (with the help of Frank's Brown Bag) to record some tracks supporting a friend's quarantine recording project. Problem now is getting them from the 2480 to him as Wav files. I followed the Mastering Room instructions, but while I turned the room on, and changed the settings to Record, the tracks didn't turn grey as it said in Frank's file, nor did it produce a mastered recording in 23-24/16. At no point did the status lights turn red, or anything except green. I understand that I'm a tech weenie, and I'm old (68) and probably not a good learner, so ignoring me would probably save you time, but any help, suggestions you can impart would be appreciated. I'd love to get my friend these tracks, which are some brass effects for his recording. Thanks.

#1650177 - 03/27/20 04:32 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: justplaneray]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

I don't have experience worth noting on the 2480, but why not use the track export feature to export the individual tracks out and onto a disc? You could then copy those wav files into a computer via the cd/dvd drive (assuming you have one for your computer - assuming you have one of those too \:\) ).

You could then mail the discs to your friend, or better still, upload them to a cloud storage like any of the free storage accounts that onedrive, or google, etc. offer. Your friend could then download them and import them (or record them) into their own machine..... or work with them on a computer workstation.

Edited by uptildawn (03/27/20 04:33 PM)

#1655784 - 04/30/20 08:13 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: shanabit]
Slickejooks Offline
Space Cadet

Does anyone have an working copy the VSexport Windows XP for 2480?? The one thats listed isnt working properly.. Or can any one tell me how to see all 10 part on my PC via 2480 Hard drive?? please email me at Slickejooks@aol.com would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
#1655796 - 04/30/20 08:51 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Slickejooks]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

How do you mean that VSWE isn't working properly?
Did it work for you before and now it doesn't?
Have you ever gotten it to work at all?
How far have you gotten with it?
Are you using a disc backup, or trying to access the projects directly from you 2480 hard drive connected to a pc?

Or are you having trouble downloading it?
If so, what website?
the goodlibrary,com has a working version of it, but many people report having trouble with their antivirus prohibiting the download, or removing certain files from the zipped folder after it's been downloaded to their hard drive.

Describe in detail, please, so we might have a clue how to assist.

There's a 2480 website that has clear instructions on how to access more than the first 4 partitions of a VS hard drive, using a pc. I don't recall the name, but it should show up in a google search.

#1724032 - 04/02/21 04:11 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: shanabit]
DAA Offline
Space Cadet

The problem we are having is that the SCSI board can't write to the CDR. Japanese Media is good and the software fully updated. (Could be the mainboard, too, I guess.)

Anyone have a solution? This hard drive is fixed/internal. Hate to toss the whole thing...and have to keep removing the hard drive to get the files out.

Anyone?

#1724044 - 04/02/21 04:47 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: DAA]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: DAA
The problem we are having is that the SCSI board can't write to the CDR. Japanese Media is good and the software fully updated. (Could be the mainboard, too, I guess.)

Anyone have a solution? This hard drive is fixed/internal. Hate to toss the whole thing...and have to keep removing the hard drive to get the files out.

Anyone?

You may find it a lot more helpful for you to ask your questions in a new thread. This will focus people's responses on your particular issues, rather than the 7+ pages devoted to VS Wave Export.

#1771192 - 01/31/22 07:44 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Steve Phillips Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
I just want to say thanks for this software!

I just had a client from about 15 years ago or more contact me asking if I still had the tracks from their album. I found my old VS-1680 backup then started converting song by song until I found his tracks.

Success because of the great people in this forum!

THANK YOU!!!

#1804817 - 08/06/22 01:07 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Steve Phillips]
Mike B Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Steve, do you have a link to the Software? I have some old back-ups I need tp convert to WAV as well.

Cheers

#1804900 - 08/06/22 03:50 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Mike B]
bear Offline
Planeteer

Loc: abq,nm,usa
Check your PM - I sent you a link from my cloud drive
Page 9 of 9 « First<56789

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159740 Topics
1849557 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.