#1214441 - 05/03/13 10:03 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: Memphis Monroe]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Pensacola, FL

#1214456 - 05/03/13 11:25 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Loc: 3rd Stone From The Sun
Is there a Policy and Procedure manual that goes along with the Protocol for contact with UFOs?

Insert Country Name Here

How to Handle UFOs

Policy:

Don't fuck with the Aliens

Purpose:

To make nice with the aliens to fool them, take them captive, steal their technology, and use it against all other countries. To prevent aliens from befriending jihadists then taking control of their countries' oil fields. To prevent aliens from manufacturing spacecraft in China.

Procedure:
  • If a UFO is seen, try to flag it down (this explains the use of flairs by parachutists).
  • Make nice with the alien beings; they understand all languages based on the LP they received.
  • If aliens seem friendly buy them a beverage of choice.
  • Ask them questions and take notes on your iPhone, iPad, iDevice or Samsung Note.
  • If all else false, take them to your leader.

Precautions:
  • Do NOT allow aliens to socialize with female members of the human population!
  • Stay out of reach of ray gun fire - if hit, immediately apply Aloe Vera then go to your nearest Emergency Room.

Contraindications
  • Do not have sex with female aliens - it might be moontan in high heels and lingerie!
  • It is forbidden to use aliens for your own personal gain. All aliens must be turned over to your leader.

Well, it's been real, but I've had enough of this It just doesn't mean much to me.
Continue on!......

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1214465 - 05/04/13 12:38 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: MadGuitrst]
C Jo Go Offline
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
http://www.wimp.com/robottalks/

#1214467 - 05/04/13 12:39 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: MadGuitrst]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Sol III
i've done the math folks and it all adds up! ;\)

*IF* we are not alone in the galaxy, and given that there are stars in our galaxy a few billions years older than the Sun, then one can only conclude that our Milky Way galaxy has already been explored or/and colonized.
----
at about 10% of the speed of light, we would reach the other end of the galaxy in about a million years.
at this speed the whole galaxy could be explored in less than 10 millions years.
1 to 10 millions years is a blink of an eye on a cosmic scale.

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/science-ma...nise-the-galaxy

#1214474 - 05/04/13 01:15 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

I just hope they like music and have a better method to intonate a guitar. \:\)

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1214478 - 05/04/13 01:20 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: Memphis Monroe]
Marty Gilman Offline
Official Planet Sax Monster - Planeteer/Artist # 117
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Palm Beach, Florida- U S A
I have watched all the UFO shows on TV and am open minded.

I would love to believe that intelligent, benevolent beings will come to help us.

One of my favorite movies was Close Encounters.
You are asking me to believe with faith, no different than religion.

Is it possible there are ET's? Yes it's possible and plausible.

That's all!

-m

#1214482 - 05/04/13 01:42 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: C Jo Go]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: C Jo Go*Crystal Studios*
http://www.wimp.com/robottalks/

Pretty cool, CJo!

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1214505 - 05/04/13 08:30 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: MadGuitrst]
klaus dibbelt Offline
Planeteer

Loc: erzhausen, germany, europe
why this zeal, Chris?

#1214512 - 05/04/13 11:12 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: klaus dibbelt]
DEMONMASTER62 Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Central Florida
I love Friedman, I've been watching/reading his stuff on this for years. If I didn't already believe, this guy alone would convert me. A nuclear physicist, and he is so "matter of fact" and logical about it all.

too bad he hadn't been in charge of "Blue Book"

http://soundcloud.com/demonmaster62

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/KODAJYNX
Yes, KODA JYNX is my other life.

http://kodajynx.blogspot.com/

#1214513 - 05/04/13 11:24 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: DEMONMASTER62]
DEMONMASTER62 Offline
Planeteer

another thing that convinces me about Roswell, is the leap in technology every 5 to 7 years all the way into the early 80's, then it went into a yearly cycle, and now almost a monthly cycle, look at the huge advancments in just the last 20 years.

"Well it all came from a chip" of course it did, but WHERE did the chip come from? I know, you are going to throw "scientific" facts at me, but the true happenings are there in history to see.

I've never really heard anyone discuss this or put it forward, so if it is already out there, pardon me.

The only thing I've ever seen that put this out there in a believable way was "Independence Day" and even there they fell back on the old "we haven't broken the code yet".

but we go from a computer that would fill a warehouse (with only a nano of what we can do today) to holding complete recording studios on our phones!!! and we never ask, we just accept and are glad to have it. really?

#1214522 - 05/04/13 02:15 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: DEMONMASTER62]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Loc: East Hampton, NY
Like Marty, I have an open mind on all this stuff, but it's all based on probability and imagination. We figure "well, we're here and there are limitless other places for beings to be, so they Must be out there". The endless conspiracy theories about how world governments (does that include the governments of say Monaco and Iceland?) have conspired to keep the truth from the rest of us are really tired and (at this point) pretty pathetic. Until an alien parks his "conveyance" on the White House front lawn and barks/gurgles/clicks unintelligible phrases at us, this stuff will be good for nothing other than movie screenplays. While it "seems" as though the numbers alone make it plausible for there to be life out there...intelligent life, and then again...life forms advanced enough to "get here from there" narrow the possibilities bigtime. Still, even the remaining possibilities are large and compelling enough that we shouldn;t discount this stuff altogether.

There's one more variable that narrows down at least the appealing nature of all this. If there's intelligent life out there, and if it's so advanced that it get's here, we ought to hope they have come all this way "only" to say hello. Their motivations and morals (if they even have such a thing that we'd recognize as "morality") could be a little darker than the most hopeful among us suspect.

-john

-John Havlicek (from "How To Spot An Internet Idiot", © 2012)

#1214528 - 05/04/13 02:38 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: havlicek]
DEMONMASTER62 Offline
Planeteer

Their motivations and morals (if they even have such a thing that we'd recognize as "morality") could be a little darker than the most hopeful among us suspect.

I fear that as well, it could very well happen that way.

Remember the old line "if I could just go back to the Roundtable times, with just a bic lighter, I would be hailed as a god"

but you would also soon end up being hated, and maybe killed, if you didn't start right off the bat living up the "god" reference.

which makes me think what you said in that sentence be so true.

Nevermind the fact that the first thing we would do is try to catch one for "scientific" study, and should it die "just accidently" then we would fillet the thing to see what it is made of. And if they are here and listening in, they already know this from our culture, movies, inhumanity to our own race (human) they would come in looking for trouble straight off the ship.

#1214543 - 05/04/13 03:27 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: havlicek]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: havlicek

There's one more variable that narrows down at least the appealing nature of all this. If there's intelligent life out there, and if it's so advanced that it get's here, we ought to hope they have come all this way "only" to say hello. Their motivations and morals (if they even have such a thing that we'd recognize as "morality") could be a little darker than the most hopeful among us suspect.

in most likelihood some of these visitors have been here for thousand of years, if not millions.

and we're still here...

we have a lot more to fear from our fellow human beings than from them.

#1214547 - 05/04/13 03:57 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Quote:
in most likelihood some of these visitors have been here for thousand of years, if not millions.

and we're still here...

we have a lot more to fear from our fellow human beings than from them.

Well, the phrase "in most liklihood" carries some weight. To most that would mean that the majority of evidence suggests they've been here for thousands of years. On the contrary, there's no real evidence that they've been here at all. There are some things that suggest to people who tend to see things a certain way, that someone other than "us" may have been here...even the pyramids. There is some probability that (given the math) "they" might be out there, but you're going way WAY further by saying they most likely have been here. You go way further still by saying they most likely have been here for thousands of years. After all, that would have been far longer than there even have been governments to conspire to keep the truth from us.

As it stands, in all likelihood they've never been here at all...but it's concievable they're out there.

-john

#1214548 - 05/04/13 03:59 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: havlicek]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Quote:
john:
but you're going way WAY further by saying they most likely have been here. You go way further still by saying they most likely have been here for thousands of years.

yes.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it. ;\)

i've already explained my reasons in this thread why i think the UFO phenomenon is a reality and why they are already here.

if you don't think my arguments make sense then we'll just have to move on and agree to disagree.

#1214551 - 05/04/13 04:06 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
FunkyBeat Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma

#1214553 - 05/04/13 04:11 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: DEMONMASTER62]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: DEMONMASTER62

Remember the old line "if I could just go back to the Roundtable times, with just a bic lighter, I would be hailed as a god"

but you would also soon end up being hated, and maybe killed, if you didn't start right off the bat living up the "god" reference.

Well then, I'd take a can of Lysol, spray it at the lighter, and shoot flames into the air.
That or I'd light up a fart and shoot a flame from my arse.
Either should be good for at least a few hundred years.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1214556 - 05/04/13 04:29 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: moontan
 Quote:
john:
but you're going way WAY further by saying they most likely have been here. You go way further still by saying they most likely have been here for thousands of years.

yes.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it. ;\)

i've already explained my reasons in this thread why i think the UFO phenomenon is a reality and why they are already here.

if you don't think my arguments make sense then we'll just have to move on and agree to disagree.

Oh I know what you're thoughts are, and you're of course entitled to them. What I took issue with is your statement that "they most likely have been here for thousands of years". That statement is patently false by any common understanding of the language. You may well "believe it", but that has nothing to do with what's "most likely". I have some sort of belief in spirits and the afterlife, but am fully aware that in all likelihood, none of that is true.

-john

#1214557 - 05/04/13 04:40 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: havlicek]
SteveW Offline
Steve White
Planeteer

Loc: Rhode Island
Hi

Most people have to see it to believe it, myself included. I saw one so I believe.

#1214565 - 05/04/13 05:30 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: SteveW]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SteveW
Hi

Most people have to see it to believe it, myself included. I saw one so I believe.

steve, i remember that story you told us a few months ago.

what would you say was the diameter of the object you saw?

any chance it might have been some kind of remote controlled toy from a neighbor or something like that?

#1214569 - 05/04/13 05:54 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

here's my experience, although it was so short that it was more of a WTF moment...

me and a friend were outside at about 10-11 PM and enjoying the summer night.

i was watching what i thought was an artificial satellite for about 10 seconds.

... until it made a smooth 90 degrees turn, it seemed to accelerate but i'm not sure after all these years.

when i saw that thing made its turn my jaw dropped on the floor.
i pointed to that thing to my friend and screamed "UFO".

he did not see anything because the object was very faint, and he probably was looking for something that looked like from out of Close Encounter. ;\)

anyway, the object eventually disappeared behind Earth's shadow, like artificial satellites do, near the constellation of Cassiopeia.

total length of the observation: i'd say no more than 15-20 seconds, unfortunately.

#1214575 - 05/04/13 06:32 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
RGR Offline
Planeteer

Loc: UK
Please send alien woman to pool bar Cyprus so I can introduce her to karaoke and stellar sex. Thankyou.

#1214578 - 05/04/13 06:39 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: RGR]
SteveW Offline
Steve White
Planeteer

Loc: Rhode Island
Moon

It was about the size of a car maybe a little bigger and perfectly round. It flew over real close and had a little static sound to it as it passed over.

No chance of a toy. It picked up speed as it went through the valley pretty fast too.

#1214580 - 05/04/13 06:47 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: SteveW]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SteveW
Moon

It was about the size of a car maybe a little bigger and perfectly round. It flew over real close and had a little static sound to it as it passed over.

No chance of a toy. It picked up speed as it went through the valley pretty fast too.

tnx steve! \:\)

most interesting.

#1214622 - 05/05/13 06:22 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: moontan]
C Jo Go Offline
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201305031134/LIFE/305030075

#1214623 - 05/05/13 07:12 AM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: C Jo Go]
Geo Offline
Planeteer

Loc: within that soul of mine
I'm with Rolf, so send two, thanks.

The way in is the way out.

#1214634 - 05/05/13 03:06 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: Geo]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

Loc: The West Coast of Florida
Aight....I've had CLEAR SKIES for DAYS no UFOs, no Aliens, NO NOTHIN!!! THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!!!! I'm out

just in case

#1214792 - 05/06/13 02:47 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: JazAddict]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Quote:
Is there a Policy and Procedure manual that goes along with the Protocol for contact with UFOs?

Funny you should ask.

The FAA has a longstanding protocol for UFO encounters, and recently FA Senior Division Chief, John Callahan blew the whistle on a cover-up. This protocol was actually referred to in the Japanese 747 clip I posted last week, if you’d bothered to pay attention.

source

Then there’s the Air Force’s Instruction 10-206, which conspicuously has disappeared recently, since media requests for explanation. Yet, I’ve seen it in the past, and it gives very detailed instructions on how a pilot is to proceed upon encountering a UFO.

source

Then there is the FIRE OFFICER'S GUIDE TO DISASTER
CONTROL, by William M. Kramer & Charles W. Bahme. Published by Fire Engineering Books a& Videos, Park 80 West, Plaza Two, 7th Floor, Saddle Brook, NJ 07662. In particular chapter 13 of the Second Edition, entitled "Enemy Attack and UFO Potential," addresses nothing less than containment of fire and chemical contamination from crashed flying saucers. The Appendix contains a bibliography supporting this chapter. This publication is also officially used by FEMA, btw.

So, when it comes to this subject and your unwavering “skepticism,” be careful what you ask for because it’s probably actually there to be presented. This is all just the tip of the iceberg, but any honest skeptic should be able to look at this information objectively and ask him/herself, “If UFOs are not a reality then why are so many federal agencies invested in protocols for this phenomenon? After all, they’re not writing manuals on how to deal with fairies, leprechauns, and dragons. So, why this?” Of course, the answer is simple. Pilots, astronauts, government officials, military brass, and millions upon millions of people all around the world aren’t seeing fairies, leprechauns, and dragons. They’re seeing UFOs, and that’s exactly what government agencies have to address because IT’S A REALITY!!!!

Chris

Edited by Gretsch 6120 (05/06/13 03:03 PM)

#1214794 - 05/06/13 02:51 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: Memphis Monroe]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Did anyone read this over the weekend about Mike Gravel, a former Democratic senator from Alaska who ran in both the Democratic and Libertarian presidential primaries in 2008, claiming there is a UFO cover up in Washington?

#1214798 - 05/06/13 03:01 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: JazAddict]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: JazAddict
Aight....I've had CLEAR SKIES for DAYS no UFOs, no Aliens, NO NOTHIN!!! THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!!!! I'm out just in case

Well, let’s look at it like this, Bob: My entire life I’ve lived with stone’s throw of a Navy base of one form or the other. While I’ve seen all kinds of jets fly over the years, there are fighter jets that I know for a fact are flown in our area, but I’ve never seen them. Does that mean they don’t exist? There are various species of birds I’ve never personally seen. Does that mean they don’t exist?

Point is, I don’t think UFOs are so common that you can go out sky watching and see one. At least, it’s very unlikely. It’s probably more random that seeing a shooting star or a meteor falling from the sky. Yet, the frequency of a thing does not determine the existence of the thing itself.

I know what I witnessed, personally, and I know what other people who were there witnessed too (i.e., we all saw the same thing). I also know that I’m in good company, with many former presidents, astronauts, pilots, politicians, etc.

Nonetheless, I’m not here to change anyone’s mind, but I am here to present the solid evidence that exists on this subject. That alone tends to stir up controversy and subsequently out the so-called “skeptics” as nothing more than close-minded and completely unwilling to take an honest and objective look at the subject.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Gretsch 6120 (05/06/13 03:02 PM)

#1214799 - 05/06/13 03:05 PM Re: We're Not Alone [Re: Memphis Monroe]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

science tells people it's impossible to get from there to here and some people believe that.

of course, that's assuming that science had discovered everything there is to discover.

Page 4 of 31 « First<23456>Last »

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159758 Topics
1849692 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.