Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#12380 - 11/04/06 04:57 AM RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Washington
*** Edit Dec 3, 2006 ***

NOTE:

This rdac2wav.exe is the successor to the mtp2wav.exe program originally introduced in this thread. It supports MTP, MT1, MT2, M16 and M24:

http://www.integrand.com/vs/rdac2wav.zip

Please use this instead of the older mtp2wav.exe.

Cheers,

Randy

** End Edit ***

Sorry it took so long, its been a while since I've done C programming and I was a little rusty!

Contained here is a MTP to WAV command-line converter. It also includes the source code:

http://www.integrand.com/zoom/mtp2wav.zip

Example usage:

mtp2wav c:\songs\song0003\take01df.vr6 guitar.wav

It currently only supports a 44.1K sample rate. [*** EDIT Nov 4, 2006: The latest version (0.91) also supports 48K and 16-bit output ***]

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers,

Randy

#12381 - 11/04/06 07:21 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
buster 'n babs Offline
Planeteer

Loc: burlington, canada
this sounds terrific.

can we non-techie people use this yet? if so, can u give us more specific detailed instructions for installation and use? thx and congrats.

our IAC page - the Jazz Kitchen

Our MySpace page

Groove. Heal. Inspire.

#12382 - 11/04/06 10:50 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
nyaben Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Virginia
Wow...I can't wait to try it! How do I get the MTP song file to my computer to try it? Do I need to back it up via my 1680 first and then use that CD in my computer?

Is it taking an MTP song file and creating individual WAV files for each track?

Thanks so much for your efforts.

#12383 - 11/04/06 10:52 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
nyaben Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Virginia
Sorry...not sure why but this was originally a double post.

#12384 - 11/04/06 12:59 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>can we non-techie people use this yet?

Yes! In the zip file is a Windows executable program.

>How do I get the MTP song file to my computer to try it?

Copy the song to some kind of external media, I used a SCSI Compact Flash writer, but if you can burn CD backups from your VS, then that should work too. The crucial part is that you need to be able to access the song folders and VR6 data files contained somehow from your PC.

>Is it taking an MTP song file and creating individual WAV files for each track?

This utility converts any MTP audio file (44.1k) from a track into a WAV. So, it works at the "phrase" level rather than the "track" level. To reconstruct the tracks requires that the undocumented event list file be figured out, which Danielo has said he is working on.

However, for convenience, one could write a script to use this converter such that it would convert an entire song's worth of audio into WAVs. This could be useful, but would still require that you reassemble the "phrases" in time using your favorite PC DAW.

>if so, can u give us more specific detailed instructions for installation and use?

1) Download the ZIP file from the URL I posted.

2) Unzip it and extract the "mtp2wav.exe" file.

3) Place "mtp2wav.exe" somewhere in your executable path.

4) Ensure you have access to MTP encoded files from your PC. These live in a song folder like "song0003" and probably have a file extension of "vr6". Look on your backup media using file explorer and see if you can find this.

5) Open a DOS command shell and type something like:

Code:
    C:> mtp2wav g:\song0003.vr6\take01df.vr6 guitar.wav
Cheers,

Randy

#12385 - 11/04/06 01:13 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Ricardo Blackmore Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Uberaba - Brazil
\:D \:D \:D \:D it's a dream coming true or another f***f*** frustation?!

#12386 - 11/04/06 01:42 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>another f***f*** frustation?!

Well, try it out and let me know if you encounter any problems, I would hate to be the cause of any frustration. This converter solves the hard problem of conversion and others can build on it if they wish - I have supplied the source code after all.

I will be adding sample rate support in a future version, as my free time and motivation allows.

Cheers,

Randy

#12387 - 11/04/06 03:20 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
hunter Offline
Space Cadet

Been away from this site for a while. Looks like I came back at a good time. Has anyone had any success using this conversion tool?

BTW, I put my backup CDs in my computers CD drive but cannot see any files (using explorer). Is there a trick to this? Does the conversion utility provide access to the Roland backup disc?

thanks for the effort in developing the tool. I am at the point of needing to import various shelved projects into PC for some new edits and this utility could be the perfect solution...if I can see the files to import.

Not sure how sorting out things at the Phrase level is going to work but it is a start.

hunter

#12388 - 11/04/06 04:01 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
betelgeuse Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Irving, Texas
I also created a CD backup of a song and the pc cdrw could not read it. I also have a scsi card in my pc, and I connected my plextor scsi cdrw to that port, and again could not read anything on the cd.

I was able to do a copy song playable to a "song vault" that I built - this would also work going to an external scsi drive - and I was able to hook it up to my pc scsi port and my pc recognized all of the folders and files.

Randy, many thanks to you and Danielo for pulling this off - I'll take whatever you provide - no frustrations at all ... It's also nice of you to provide the source code ... hopefully that pays off in the long run of others adding ideas to make this better, although you two seem to be doing pretty good so far - pretty quickly, also.

Again, thanks ...

#12389 - 11/04/06 05:57 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
booradley Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Tucson, Az, USA
same thing. 1680 CDR Backup cd in computer and nothings shows on the disc.

Thanks for the effort randgo and danielo.

#12390 - 11/04/06 06:04 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
betelgeuse Offline
Planeteer

Alright, I'm having some problems - I've tried this on three different pcs. On the first one, I get a "mtp2wav.exe encountered a serious error" type of message. At this point, I'm not too concerned about this error, because I can get it to run on the other two pcs.

However, I can't get the wav files that are created to run on any of the pcs at all. There seem to be codec related issues. On one pc, I reloaded Windows Media - I still get a C00D11B1 error, and indications that iit is triggered by a C00D109B error - codecs file could not be found.

On another pc, I get a C00D10D1 error, indicating that I need the Microsoft PCM format(1) codec. There's a link to get it which never comes up. I did a little digging and this codec should be a default part of Window Media player.

Any ideas on what the problems might be? Any other programs that I could use just to try to play the wav files - I'm about tired of Windows Media player?

#12391 - 11/04/06 07:24 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

betelgeuse,

The converted WAV will be a 24-bit, mono, 44.1Khz file, possibly not all players will recognize it.

I have tested in Reaper, Sound Forge, Vegas, Acid, the latest vesion of iTunes 7, and Windows Media Player 10. I am running Windows XP sp2.

I can't say what will happen if your audio device is only 16-bit, I assume it will play with the bits truncated, but I have no way to test this at the moment.

That said, I will probably add some option in my next version to truncate (or dither if I can) to 16-bit WAVs if this is a problem.

Care to give Reaper a try? Its free for trial: http://reaper.fm

Cheers,

Randy

#12392 - 11/04/06 07:37 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
betelgeuse Offline
Planeteer

Thanks for the reply - when you say 16 bit device are you refering to the application or sound card?

I'm also running xp sp2 on two of my pcs xp sp1 on the other - one pc is pretty recent - amd 3400 or so, msi k8n neo4 mb, sound card is built in, I'll have to look up the specs ...

I downloaded the latest WMP on one of the pcs.

I'll try reaper - at this point, I'm just trying to listen to the wav file.

#12393 - 11/04/06 09:21 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Randyman... Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Houston, TX
Correct me if I am wrong, but this utility will not read data off a VS "Backup Disk". You will have to transfer the actual "Song" project to the PC by way of a SCSI HD or VirDIS/ACARD type system. It will read/convert the files direclty from the project's RDAC audio files...

Maybe I missed something, but the Roland Data B/U CD's are only recoverable directly to the VS (I believe even the VirDIS does not offer this capability - you still have to recover to/from the VS).

You will need to open the 24-bit files in a 24-bit capable application (WMP and Real Player etc will not work with 24 bit files)

???

PS - how are the chances looking for getting this for the 2480's MTP projects?

Other Crap The Radio Devils
My PC Components My Mics My Gear

#12394 - 11/04/06 09:40 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>how are the chances looking for getting this for the 2480's MTP projects?

It should work for MTP RDAC files from the VS-2480, which appear to be the same as the VS-1680 as far as Danielo and I know.

FYI, I just converted a 7MB MTP file from my VS-1680 (about 3 minutes of audio) to a WAV and it took about *** five seconds ***!

Surely someone else must have had success using this by now?

Cheers,

Randy

#12395 - 11/04/06 09:53 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>WMP and Real Player etc will not work with 24 bit files

Well, my Windows Media Player 10 works! Perhaps when I installed Vegas, Acid, or Reaper it installed the necessary codec for 24-bit WAVs.

I'm surprised this codec wouldn't come stock with Windows or Windows Media Player. I'm sure it can be found somehow.

From a quick Google I see people mention that Winamp plays 24-bit files perfectly.

Cheers,

Randy

#12396 - 11/04/06 10:28 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
betelgeuse Offline
Planeteer

Randy:

I did have luck playing the wav files with Reaper, so I have something to start with - it verifies that the conversion process appears to have worked. I'll convert quite a few more the next few days.

In addition to the WMP issue, while I could burn the wav files to CDs as data files, I couldn't burn them to CDs as an audio files using Windows functionality for pretty much the same reason - codecs. If I can get that functionality - burning music CDS - in an application like reaper, which I assume that I can, then this will be a non-issue.

I found a place that described my problem:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17194

with a possible solution:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

but it didn't work.

I have had success with the conversion - I've converted a couple of 5 mb mtp files, and a 9 mb file using mtp2wav - the conversion process was quick for me also - seconds - I ended up with about 17 mb wav files from the 5 mb mtp files.

#12397 - 11/04/06 10:30 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Randyman... Offline
Planeteer

Wow. Must be a seperate plug-in for WMP, ans I know for a fact that my WMP-10 does not play 24-bit files...

I have a ton of ACARD rempveable HD's from the 2480 at my house, and I might try this tonight if I can find a few free seconds! Sounds way cool, and it appears that your partner is tackling the Playlist issues to create a unified track from multiple takes/punch-ins...

Man - this is too cool. We gratiously thank you for your time and effort :clap:

#12398 - 11/04/06 11:56 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

betelgeuse,

You'll be pleased to know I just updated my converter to support specifying sample rate and bit depth.

Get the latest version (0.91) at:

http://www.integrand.com/zoom/mtp2wav.zip

I wouldn't recommend 16-bit WAV output in most cases, but it may be useful for testing. I truncate with no dither to convert from 24 to 16 bit.

If you have a 48000KHz MTP, you can now generate a WAV at the correct rate. For example to generate a 16-bit 48000KHz WAV:

Code:
    C:> mtp2wav -r 48000 -d 16 g:\song0003.vr6\take01df.vr6 guitar.wav
Cheers,

Randy

#12399 - 11/05/06 12:29 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>I did have luck playing the wav files with Reaper

I'm looking to write a plugin for Reaper so that the RDAC files can be directly auditioned and used in Reaper projects without requiring conversion to WAV!

Cheers,

Randy

#12400 - 11/05/06 03:01 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Randyman... Offline
Planeteer

After a quick 30 second test with a 2480's VR1 files recorded in MTP - it appears to work!!!

I'm off to take a shower and get a buzz going, then I will check a few more 2480 MTP files in depth.

Will the Playlist stuff Danielo is working on end up consolidating multiple takes into a single WAVE, or will this still be a manual re-alignment type of operation?

Do you see any reason Roland could not have done this MTP-to-Wave converter if they really wanted to please their customers (including re-constituting a single file like the 2480 does when you do a "Wave Export")? Just seems odd that you have "cracked" RDAC per our requests (THANKS!!), but Roland never even thought twice about giving us such a utility - and they developed the freaking RDAC Codec! I guess they really are a selfish as we think they are (keeping us in the box as much as possible) ;\)

#12401 - 11/05/06 03:09 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
martin s Offline
Planeteer

Loc: quebec CA
Hi,many thanks, what an amazing work!

i have 1 question that i was unable to understand & to fix:

it is this one;

3) Place "mtp2wav.exe" somewhere in your executable path.

where & what execute path?

is it in the regedit?
or something like.

thanks in advance

martin

#12402 - 11/05/06 03:19 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Randyman... Offline
Planeteer

IF you use XP's "Run" utility on the start menu, and type "command", it usually defaults to your "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME" path. Simply copy the MTP2WAV exe to your "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME" path, and you don't need to specify where the EXE is from the Command window... Simply typing mtp2wav (plus the Target Path\Filename and the desired WAVE filename) will get it to run...

The resultant WAVE files will also preside in the "C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME" path...

I doubt that made any sense as my buzz is kicking in now ;\)

#12403 - 11/05/06 03:29 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
martin s Offline
Planeteer

Loc: quebec CA
Randyman, thanks you for the quick reply!

i will give it another try,with your suggestions.

martin

#12404 - 11/05/06 04:56 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>it appears to work!!!

Woohoo! Confirmation. Thanks.

>Will the Playlist stuff Danielo is working on end up consolidating multiple
>takes into a single WAVE, or will this still be a manual re-alignment type
>of operation?

That's the general idea. One WAV per track. However, I would be much more interested in generating an EDL (edit decision list) which can basically achieve the same ends. In any case, this converter gets you about 99% of the way there.

>Do you see any reason Roland could not have done this MTP-to-Wave converter if they really wanted to please their customers?

The only reason I can think of is to screw the customers. There is absolutely no technical reason why this could not have been done in 1996. Roland seems to expect artists to spend 100+ hours transfering their work to other media versus seconds in the digital realm.

Let me tell you, I was shocked when I upgraded my VS-840EX last year to the VS-840GX level with great hopes that the built-in WAV conversion facility would solve my data transfer problem. What a joke! The WAV conversion actually takes longer than transferring the audio in realtime using an S/PDIF connection! WTF@!%#$%^&**(!

Cheers,

Randy

#12405 - 11/05/06 05:35 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

Oops, I had a small typo in my wav.c file, so if you downloaded mtp2wav.zip prior to now, please download it again.

No biggie, but you may find your WAV files are padded with zeroes much more than expected :-)

Argh...like the other Randy here, my buzz has long ago kicked in and it is time for bed.

Cheers,

Randy

#12406 - 11/05/06 08:08 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Boray Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
How great!!! I can't try it because I have no way of getting to the data. But I'm happy for your progress!!! Thanks for all your work!!!

/Anders

#12407 - 11/06/06 06:26 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Rich H Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Oxford, UK
Randy - thanks for doing this & making it available to us!

I haven't tried it yet - I'd have to think how to transfer the file over.

Can anybody spell out what this would enable once the files are successfully transferred over to a PC in WAV format? Presumbably we are not looking at just a stereo WAV waveform, but a full multitrack version?

What will this then enable? Obviously it would depend what programs are on the PC, but would this be mixing or mastering or editing?

Rich H

#12408 - 11/06/06 01:05 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

>Can anybody spell out what this would enable
>once the files are successfully transferred
>over to a PC in WAV format?

Every mono phrase you've recorded, from each record/stop operation, will be represented by a file with a VR6 extension. Each of these can be converted to an individual WAV using the converter.

So you can access all of your audio now on the PC, but until the proprietary event list is entirely decoded and integrated with the MTP converter, you will need to reassemble these WAV phrases manually in your favorite DAW if you wish to reconstruct the original multitrack project.

Cheers,

Randy

#12409 - 11/06/06 03:40 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
hunter Offline
Space Cadet

OK, still feeling a little dense. I have downloaded the converter (thanks very much), but still cannot access the MTP files. I have a 1680 with internal HD and a SCSI CD burner (the Roland thing). No SCSI connection on my PC, just USB. I confirmed that mapping to the SCSI drive with the Roland is not an option for "Song At Once" feature.

I read the comment on building a "vault" but the "how to do that" is not in my grasp. I'd appreciate any tips on a relatively low cost method of bring the files into a format where I can read them with my PC and utilize the converter.

thanks,

hunter

#12410 - 11/06/06 06:07 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

There must be some way to burn a data CD containing a readable IS09660 filesystem. I don't have a CD-burner - I do "Copy Song" to an SCSI compact flash writer and then plug the compact flash into my PC. A Zip or external hard drive will work the same way.

Cheers,

Randy

#12411 - 11/06/06 06:17 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Randyman... Offline
Planeteer

I believe the VS Back-up disks use a form of data compression of sorts - so the Project and the related VR files are not directly visible on the Back-up CD-R while "Exploring" the CD on a PC. The Back-up CD must be "Recovered" back to the VS for the Data to become useable again...

Exactly why Copying to an exterrnal HD is a better concept of backing up IMO (the "Backup" is fully useable in this case)

IIRC, Even the heavily R&D'd VirDIS can not "read" (Decode) Back-up CD-R's - it still relies 100% on the VS's "Recover" capability to make these archive CD-R's useable again...

#12412 - 11/06/06 10:20 PM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
betelgeuse Offline
Planeteer

As Randy said, any external scsi hard drive. or zip drive should work - I assume that a scsi jaz drice would also work.

A scsi card that plugs into one of your pc's motherboard slots can be had on ebay relatively cheaply - I got an Iomega ABP 960u for about $10 to $15 plus shipping about a year and a half ago.

Randy:

I had an issue come up this weekend. I converted all 8 takes of a song to wav files and pulled them up in reaper. Everything was synced up, but the song was too fast and my voices sounded like chipmunks.

I went back and looked at the song and it was set to 32k instead of 44.1k. I've recently showed my sons how to record on the vs so somehow they've messed with the default settings.

Anyway, I reran the conversion at 32k, everything sounds fine now, but the tracks are out of sync. Two or three tracks play all the way through, then the next two or three play all the way through, and then the last ones play.

Ultimately, I plan on doing everything at 44.1k, but I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong.

I ended up converting these 8 takes several times, in which I ended up executing mtp2wav several times. I started writing a vbscript batch file to automate it somewhat ....

It's crude, but it makes it easier to run a bunch of takes for a song at one time ...

Code:
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' MTP2WAVBatch.vbs
' Vbscript file to execute the MTP2WAV.EXE file to convert Roland Take VR6 files to WAV files 
' This script will convert all of the take???? vr6 files in a song folder 
' A log file will be put into the song folder with information on the wav files created
' Insert this code into a file with a filetype of vbs
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim oFSO
Dim oCurrentFolder
Dim oStream
Dim oLogFile
Dim sSongPath
DIM sProgramPath

'-------------------------------------------------------------------
' Change the Program Path consistent to where MTP2WAV.EXE is located
'-------------------------------------------------------------------
sProgramPath = "c:\NewStuff\Personal\vs\"

'-----------------------------------------------------
' Change the song path consistent with the song folder
'Change the rate and bit settings as appropriate 
'-----------------------------------------------------
sSongPath = "c:\NewStuff\Personal\vs\SONG0002VR6\"
sRate = "44100"
sBit = "24"

Set oFSO = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject")
Set oStream = oFSO.createtextfile(sSongPath + "mtp2wavbatch.log", True)
SearchFolder (oFSO.getfolder(sSongPath)), oStream, sSongPath, sProgramPath, sRate, sBit
MsgBox "Conversion Completed." + vbCr + "Check: " + vbCr + sSongPath + vbCr + "for results."

'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Subroutine : Search the folder for take files and convert
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub SearchFolder(oCurrentFolder, oLogFile, sSongPath, sProgramPath, sRate, sBit)

Dim sTemp
    Dim sInName
    Dim sInType
    Dim sOutName
    Dim sOutput
    Dim oInFile
    Dim oStream
    Dim oShell

sInName = "TAKE"   
    sInType = ".VR6"

For Each oInFile In oCurrentFolder.Files
        sTemp = Right(oInFile.Name, 4)
        If UCase(sTemp) = UCase(sInType) Then
           sTemp = Left(oInFile.Name, 4)
           If UCase(sTemp) = UCase(sInName) Then
              sOutName = left(CStr(oInFile.Name), 8) + "." + "WAV"
              sOutput = sSongPath + left(CStr(oInFile.Name), 8) + "." + "WAV" + _
" created by MTP2WAV.EXE on " + CStr(Now())
              Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
              oShell.Run sProgramPath + "mtp2wav" + " -r " + sRate + " -d " + sBit + " " + _
sSongPath + CStr(oInFile.Name) + " " + sSongPath + sOutName, 1, TRUE
              set oShell = nothing 
              oLogFile.writeline sOutput
           End If
        End If
    Next

End Sub
I'm moving all the contents of a song directory to a folder on my pc with the same name, except, I'm removing the dot in the name:

song0002.vr6 ---> song0002vr6

Seems vbscript had a problem with a dot in the folder name, although I could be confused, I had a lot of problems at first with this.

This runs a little slower than running mtp2wav from the command line - probably the windows shell stuff, but it's a lot quicker than executing mtp2wav a bunch of times with all of the typing of the file names involved ...

#12413 - 11/07/06 01:16 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
randygo Offline
Planeteer

betelgeuse,

Nice. I was hoping folk would figure out creative ways to leverage the converter to their own needs. I thought about some kind of "batch" mode, but decided against it, as most of this can be accomplished through scripting. I decided for the minimalistic approach.

I had forgotten that I had left the sample rate totally configurable, I had expected only 44100 or 48000, so I'm glad you were able to set it to 32000. However, a 24-bit 32khz file seems a little perverse!

Unfortunately, there is no way to know by looking at the RDAC data file alone what the sample rate is! This information is contained in some other file in the song folder. I'm sure we will figure it out eventually, but for now I have set the default to 44100, as I expect this is probably the most common setting people use.

As to your sequencing issue - I suspect this is related to the fact that each converted file is a phrase from the original track, which may have been placed at some position relative to the start of the track in the original project. As mentioned before, until the event list is decoded, we don't really know where these phrases appear in time.

So, when the converter, or some other tool, is smart enough to understand the event list we could conceivably have a mode that will generate a track into a WAV, rather that just a phrase, for example, to translate track 1, virtual track 2, we could specify something like:

Code:
    mtp2wav -t 1,2 g:\song0002 track1.wav
(Note this is not a current feature of the converter!).

My current priority though is to use MTP data files directly in Reaper without converting them to WAV first. Then, I would like to generate an EDL once the the event list is known so that I can import a song directly into Reaper with no WAVs needing to be created!

Cheers,

Randy

#12414 - 11/07/06 03:44 AM Re: RDAC to WAV Conversion Utility Available (Windows .EXE)
Danielo Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Austria
arghhh... just lost another long message to the ghosts of this forum script... so just repeating the main info in short:

.) help is on its way, my apps developing nicely but i need 2 or 3 more weeks
.) it will be tested on and developend for the 2480, might not work with the 1680..
.) hope to get a 1680 to do the required tweeks to make it run
.) seen the Brian Jonestown massacre last night, brilliant gig ;-)
.) VB source will be provided when released.
.) songlist and song file contains one byte telling about the samplerate, and another containing the project mode (MTP/MT2...) i think i got all required infos extracted.
.) if the conversion performed with 44.1k is well aligned, but not with 32k, i think its not a take file issue...

cheers!

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
4 registered (Popmann, E Beau, 2 invisible) and 18 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Jazzooo
Al
Timster
Silversmith
Ismellelephant
Tom Mix
Mooseboy
Popmann
gonzo
C Jo Go
moontan
NOK
flatcat
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
paulb
RGR
Gretsch 6120
fabulousthunderbird
fonts
Vanillagrits
vvvm
String Jammer
glensimonds
T57Strat
GAMBLE
Jammer
SteveW
JazAddict
GAWZDigitalUnderground
Geo
Hano
Dave Morris
slotz
Slabraton
Liquidirt
Milkman
Delso
ulank
Forum Stats
21274 Members
25 Forums
145396 Topics
1678344 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 11/19/19 07:32 PM
Newest Members
Sunbean42, keeen, Grabme, jeffboy, Barrio Baby
21274 Registered Users

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression disabled.