Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1270132 - 01/05/14 07:04 PM Nazca Lines
mrsinical Offline
AudioWriter
Planeteer

Loc: Riding Indiana Waves of Audio
I have always found the schematic lines (and the other animal shapes) to be quite interesting.
Checkout the similarity between the Nazca "Spider" and the Earths electromagnetic field - (especially during a solar flare - (I can't find a pic of the field at the onset of the northern lights = when the upper lines "bow" and lash toward the sun)

Is there some sort of layered "schematic" code within the straight lines all around the artistic ones?

Edited by mrsinical (01/05/14 07:06 PM)

#1270133 - 01/05/14 07:12 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: mrsinical]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Walmartville
Interesting pic comparison.

I think the aliens are involved in the Nasca Lines.

#1270142 - 01/05/14 09:15 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
Kenex Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Portland
I also think that the aliens or rather the Watchers are involved.

A good book to read on these kinds of subjects is " The Book Of Enoch" which not only tells about the watchers visiting earth but tells of how the earth looks from space in quite a lot of detail plus explains orbits of the sun and planets etc...and this was not that long before Noah and the flood.

#1270155 - 01/06/14 12:07 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Kenex]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

I have been to the Nazca Desert, walked the desert, seen and photographed the lines from the air and took a short course on the lines from the university in Cuzco, Peru. My books on the lines are boxed, so unfortunately I can't point anyone toward them.

Interestingly, the lines were not known to North Americans or the world until aviation came to Peru in the 1930s.

The Peruvians think that those who ascribe the origin of the lines to space aliens or extraterrrestrials are profoundly racist in assuming that the Peruvians and their brown-skinned native Inca and Mochi and Nazca ancestors could not have constructed these wonders. The lines were built by the native Nazcan peoples. There is nothing so supernatural about these lines that they needed aliens to construct them. The Nazca Desert gets very little rain, like 3 inches every hundred years or so. The dryness is why archaeologists have been able to find preserved Inca fabrics and quipas. This desert has a brownish-reddish crust as the top layer of ground --- one makes the lines or indentations by walking on the crust, which breaks through to reveal the lighter-colored ground underneath.

Do not denigrate the ancient peoples of South America by ascribing their works to space aliens. The Inca built Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman, Cuzco, the Inca Trail (which is a 25-foot wide 3200 mile long stone road, much traversing high mountain territory, and linking 25,000 miles of roads). What the ancient Peruvians, the Inca, the Mochi, the Nazca built were marvels.

No space aliens, watchers or extraterrestrials were involved in building the Nazca lines. Examine your own racism in assuming that ancient brown-skinned peoples could not have built these marvels and they must therefore have been been built by outer space people.

Jeesh. Talk about the failure of education and science education in the USA.

#1270156 - 01/06/14 12:09 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
SteveW Offline
Steve White
Planeteer

Loc: Rhode Island
Racism? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

#1270157 - 01/06/14 12:13 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SteveW]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SteveW
Racism? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Yes, racism. You laugh, but it was racism that the Europeans used as justification for exterminating the native North and South American Indians by genocide. Traces of that racism persist today in the assumption that the Indian ancestors could not have been advanced enough or smart enough or evolv3ed enough to build various engineering marvels in present-day Peru and that space aliens, instead of native peoples, were behind these constructions.

#1270159 - 01/06/14 12:15 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
SteveW Offline
Steve White
Planeteer

Loc: Rhode Island
Sorry, I'm not buying into the Racism thing at all and don't believe for a second that any ancient Race built any of the things including the lines.

JMO

#1270161 - 01/06/14 12:44 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SteveW]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

Well, you notice that these "space aliens" must have built it" do not say that the fabulous structures built in Europe by ancient white people were made by space aliens. I do not hear them saying, Oh, space aliens had to have built the cathedral at Salisbury, the natives could not have built such a marvel.

Those who conclude that space aliens built the Nazca Lines are assuming that Peruvians living at the time were incapable of making some drawings in the desert. Why not conclude the obvious, and what archaeologists have concluded, that the Nazcans made the lines, and ascribe them instead to space aliens? Because they assume that Indians were inferior and incapable of drawing some lines in the desert, because they refuse to give the native Indians credit for their creations, because they make the irrational and baseless assumption that space aliens drew the figures, these are indices of the implicit racism in their assumptions.

Go the the Nazca Desert and you will clearly see that the crusty rock-sand on the top was removed to reveal the lighter sand underneath; the crust was removed in the shape of the designs. A chunk of wood or rock dragged along by a rope, or by foot trampling through the upper crust, easily creates shapes. Easy. No space aliens needed --- unless you are a white modern unwilling to give Indians credit for their works and intelligence.

#1270172 - 01/06/14 01:34 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Actually I don't rule out aliens in many places around the world.

but I gotta say, you bringing up racism as an answer to my comment, knowing my views on the subject from the political forum is probably the most idiotic thing I've seen you say since you came back in town. Sometimes it becomes evident that you don't have any respect for the human race as a whole, except for yourself. Try not to be such a suspicious hateful person.

#1270182 - 01/06/14 02:23 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Loc: East Hampton, NY
I think that comparing the lines to earth's magnetic field is as "out there" as ascribing racism to people's comments that they can't imagine how the ancient native South Americans could have created them. For that matter, figuring that aliens must have constructed them...or directed the natives to construct them is as "out there" as well. I see no reason why these couldn't have been built by the natives as a message or some such thing to the gods that came from the sky...or lived in the sky or whatever.

The racism thing in particular seems a pretty big stretch coming from a non-native. It's easy to understand why "some" native South Americans might feel that way though. Here's the thing, do the locals from Egypt or Great Britain or Thailand or wherever else there are difficult-to-explain artifacts or ruins feel people are racist if they ascribe those things to "aliens"? It may not be the case, but the charge (again, coming from a non-native) comes off as more than a little self-aggrandizing...like..."see how simpatico I am with the natives and how ignorant you are!".

-john

-John Havlicek (from "How To Spot An Internet Idiot", © 2012)

#1270184 - 01/06/14 02:27 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
Kenex Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Portland
What I said was that aliens or rather watchers were involved not that the ancient peruvians did not create the lines. I believe that the locals built the lines because of their contact with space visitors and what they learned at the time from the visitors. The lines being a reflection of the visitors knowledge.

#1270187 - 01/06/14 02:40 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Kenex]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Sol III
Von Daniken makes a big assumption:
he assumes that because these lines can only be seen from the air that they must be ET related.

it might be ET related or not.
but jumping right away to the ET hypothesis seems premature to me.

#1270189 - 01/06/14 02:47 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: mrsinical]
GAMBLE Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: mrsinical

Is there some sort of layered "schematic" code within the straight lines all around the artistic ones?

No....considering it's obviously just a giant drawing of a bug.

#1270195 - 01/06/14 03:31 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: moontan
he assumes that because these lines can only be seen from the air that they must be ET related.

I didn't jump right away, if archaeologists had a solid answer, I'd accept it, but I checked into it several times over the years and they don't seem to.

#1270196 - 01/06/14 03:34 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: GAMBLE]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

I do not expect modern white Americans, who falsely believe that they are free of all vestiges of racism, to understand how racist so many of their assumptions are. This denial and stubborn refusal to look at the racism, subtle and overt, within their own consciousness is what causes the problems of race to persist in this land. Put yourself in the shoes of a native American who people have been diminished by genocide, whose people were called savages and more akin to animals than humans --- how would you feel if all the creations of your peoples were dismissed as too advanced, were dismissed as having been made by space aliens.

Your making the assumption that I am white is also a vestige of subtle racism. And white folks deciding that they are the arbiters of what is and is not racism is also a form of racism ("whitey knows best").

#1270198 - 01/06/14 03:40 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Al
 Originally Posted By: moontan

I didn't jump right away, if archaeologists had a solid answer, I'd accept it, but I checked into it several times over the years and they don't seem to.

i was talking about Von Daniken there Al, not you.

i think he is too quick to jump to the ET hypothesis.
i need more than a "it can only be seen from the air, therefore it is ET related".

#1270199 - 01/06/14 03:41 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
GAMBLE Offline
Planeteer

Skywave.....there is a section here called "political". It's also where the crazys hang out. Seriously....you're a couple beers short of a six pack and to you everything is political and rascist....even when you make no fucking sense and are being absurd.

It's the perfect place for a wackaloon like you.

#1270201 - 01/06/14 03:50 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SkyWave
I do not expect modern white Americans, who falsely believe that they are free of all vestiges of racism, to understand how racist so many of their assumptions are. This denial and stubborn refusal to look at the racism, subtle and overt, within their own consciousness is what causes the problems of race to persist in this land. Put yourself in the shoes of a native American who people have been diminished by genocide, whose people were called savages and more akin to animals than humans --- how would you feel if all the creations of your peoples were dismissed as too advanced, were dismissed as having been made by space aliens.

Your making the assumption that I am white is also a vestige of subtle racism. And white folks deciding that they are the arbiters of what is and is not racism is also a form of racism ("whitey knows best").

Who is assuming you're white ? I don't see that on this thread, maybe I missed it. Can you find it cause I'm curious about that ?

Seems like you're the one who is assuming that others on this thread are white. You must be a racist, along with being a hater. I suggest you put yourself in others' shoes here who you often make loopy accusations and generalizations about and take a close look at your own consciousness.

#1270202 - 01/06/14 03:52 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: GAMBLE]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

Like I said Gamble, modern white Americans are in profound denial about the vestiges of racism in their consciousness. Neuroscience confirms it, the brains of most white people show fear responses when they encounter or view black Americans.

Look, when people assume that white folks built the grand monuments of Europe, but that space aliens built the monuments of the Americas, that is a racist assumption, an assumption that denotes the inferiority of Indian peoples. If your mind is unable to allow this notion to permeate it, you will eventually become an ossified and irrelevant dinosaur. C

And calling someone who points out racism a "wackaloon" is a tactic of the bully and racist.

#1270203 - 01/06/14 03:55 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Who here assumes that white folks built Stonehenge? You aren't allowed to just make these things up to suit your dumb arguments.

#1270211 - 01/06/14 05:46 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

I do not hear people here saying that space aliens built the Salisbury Cathedral, white folks assume that early British Islanders living on the Salisbury Plain built that marvel. As to Stonehenge, folks typically assume that Caucasian Druids built Stonehenge.

Look, basically one guy, this Erik von Danniken (sp) fellow, found that he could sell books among science-illiterates attributing the work of pre-modern Peruvians to extraterrestrials. And people predisposed to believe in the inferiority of nonwhite peoples are willing to dismiss the labors and intelligence of the Peruvians and give nonexistent extraterrestrials credit for the work of native Americans.

#1270212 - 01/06/14 05:56 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

I do not hear people here saying that space aliens built the Salisbury Cathedral, white folks assume that early British Islanders living on the Salisbury Plain built that marvel. As to Stonehenge, folks typically assume that Caucasian Druids built Stonehenge.

Look, basically one guy, this Erik von Danniken (sp) fellow, found that he could sell books among science-illiterates attributing the work of pre-modern Peruvians to extraterrestrials. And people predisposed to believe in the inferiority of nonwhite peoples are willing to dismiss the labors and intelligence of the Peruvians and give nonexistent extraterrestrials credit for the work of native Americans.

Actually there are all kinds of writers who have discussed ancient astronauts, not just the guy who had a few best sellers about it. You're coming totally out of the dark about this idea that believing in an alien presence has anything to do with demeaning earthly cultures, seriously, that's just the bizarre invention of somebody who wants to rave for the sake of it.

It would be strange to think aliens built a cathedral, not so strange to think they built Stonehenge, do you really not understand that ?

#1270216 - 01/06/14 07:24 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
SkyWave Online   content
Planeteer

You know that humans have had radio telescopes trained on the cosmos waiting for any signal from an extraterrestrial lifeform and decade after decade we have heard nothing but silence, complete silence.

But have fun postulating extraterrestrials and space aliens and enjoying the specism of thinking advanced civilizations would be interested in the violent bipedal apes that populate the Earth. It is easier than actually learning science.

#1270219 - 01/06/14 07:48 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

You're assuming that if they did discover something involving aliens that they would tell you.

You're one of those apes, I'm sure they'd like to look in on your posts at the Planet. \:\)

#1270221 - 01/06/14 08:08 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

You know that humans have had radio telescopes trained on the cosmos waiting for any signal from an extraterrestrial lifeform and decade after decade we have heard nothing but silence, complete silence.

one could argue that an advanced civilization would be using something more sophisticated that radio signals for communication.

we're pretty much done here on Earth with that mean of communication as it is.
everything is moving to cable, fiber optics, satellites, microwaves and whatnot.

here in Canada, you can't watch TV anymore using just an antenna or 'rabbit ears' like we used to.
it all comes through either cables or satellites now.
pretty much the only thing we use radio waves for is FM and AM radio.
and that's going the way of the dodo bird also...

another problem is the normal radio leakage we produce could be detected from only a few light-years away, using our present days technology.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/jan/27/aliens-cant-hear-us-astronomer

#1270239 - 01/06/14 02:05 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
mrsinical Offline
AudioWriter
Planeteer

Skywave - I'm not a racist - I merely made a comparison. And the native people at Nazca (similar to many other early civilizations around the world) openly claim through stories, songs, dance, drawings and artifacts - that certain historic events in their heritage were directly connected to "Gods descending from the sky". I'm just making a "possible" connection from what their heritage of "records" suggests in the first place.
I apologize, for I knew not that this would define me as an ignorant racist.

Gamble - I know the "Spider" drawing is, or directly resembles, a simple animal - but the lines I am referring to are the miles of... abstract, seemingly pointless ones all over, around, under and in-between the "animal drawings", practically covering the plateau.

Edited by mrsinical (01/06/14 02:53 PM)

#1270240 - 01/06/14 02:24 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: mrsinical]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Aw crap, here we go again. Skywave, you really need to get a grip man (woman?, extraterrestrial?, highly evolved arthropod?, white, black, pacific islander?...I want to be sure I don't make any assumptions). No one here has said or implied anything that is racist, at least no more racist than what you're saying.

Quote:
one could argue that an advanced civilization would be using something more sophisticated that radio signals for communication.

we're pretty much done here on Earth with that mean of communication as it is.
everything is moving to cable, fiber optics, satellites, microwaves and whatnot.

Look Moon, couching remarks in pseudoscience to make them appear learned doesn't make your position any stronger. Radio waves can be either a direct form of communication...OR...they can be the byproduct of all kinds of technology. Here's a clue...stuff emits "radio waves" either intentionally or unintentionally. The universe itself does that, but detecting patterns aside from the noise could mean something...or not. I'm fairly confident that the folks involved in SETI and other efforts to find life out there at least are aware of the potentials.

Now back to the really bizarre claims of inherent racism, at least it's something "new".

-john

#1270241 - 01/06/14 02:30 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
mrsinical Offline
AudioWriter
Planeteer

Tesla -
"If you want to know the secrets of the universe, think in energy, waves and vibrations".

#1270249 - 01/06/14 03:42 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: mrsinical]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Quote:
havlicek:
Look Moon, couching remarks in pseudoscience to make them appear learned doesn't make your position any stronger.
Radio waves can be either a direct form of communication...OR...they can be the byproduct of all kinds of technology.
Here's a clue...stuff emits "radio waves" either intentionally or unintentionally.
The universe itself does that, but detecting patterns aside from the noise could mean something...or not.
I'm fairly confident that the folks involved in SETI and other efforts to find life out there at least are aware of the potentials.

i'm well aware lots of stuff can emit radio waves.
amateur astronomy is one of my hobby.
like i said, the leakage we produce can only be detected from a short distance, no more than a few light-years.
 Quote:
"For good measure, in America we have switched from analogue to digital broadcasting and you are going to do the same in Britain very soon," Drake added. "When you do that, your transmissions will become four times fainter because digital uses less power."

"Very soon we will become undetectable," he said. In short, in space no one will hear us at all.

What is true for humans would probably also be true for aliens, who may already have moved to much more efficient methods of TV and radio broadcasting. Trying to find ET from their favourite shows was going to be harder than we thought, Drake said.
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/jan/27/aliens-cant-hear-us-astronomer

i think the researchers at the SETI Institute got a lot of things wrong.
i really hope the taxpayers did not foot the bill for that stuff. lol

but eh, it paid their salary for all those years.
so who am i to argue?

#1270258 - 01/06/14 04:46 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

Automatic assumption that racism is behind the belief that SPACE ALIENS were involved in the making of the Nazca lines is SOMEHOW even MORE insane than the belief that SPACE ALIENS were involved in the making of the Nazca lines.

MAN, this place is just chalk full of REAL wackadoos, including myself but I guess that's why we like it here so much. !!!!

#1270261 - 01/06/14 04:56 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Jammer]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

damn uppity space aliens. ;\)

#1270263 - 01/06/14 05:03 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Jammer]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Quote:
i'm well aware lots of stuff can emit radio waves.
amateur astronomy is one of my hobby.
like i said, the leakage we produce can only be detected from a short distance, no more than a few light-years.

You may need to lay off the long-ago-worn-out spliff your emoticon is puffing, so you can realize how ridiculous the above statement sounds. Amateur brain surgery is one of my "hobby", so I'm well aware of what it takes to remove a tumor from up there...besides...I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night. BTW, astronomy (ie: looking at space stuff) is a whole lot different from say astrophysics. Your "qualifications" are nothing more than uneducated opinion, so you have none.

Quote:
i think the researchers at the SETI Institute got a lot of things wrong.

Of course you do! That amateur astronomy thing is what qualifies you to see the folly in their game plan!

-john

#1270265 - 01/06/14 05:11 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

that's weak.

furthermore, your head is so far up your ass it muddles your common sense. lol

buh-bye, i'm off to bed.
got graveyard tonite.

#1270283 - 01/06/14 06:13 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Well, it's refreshing to see you refer to common sense anyway...even if you haven't a clue about what it is! Maybe dream about being someone who actually knows what he's talking about, instead of inventing qualifications eh? There goes another internet idiot...sleep tight \:D

-john

#1270288 - 01/06/14 06:27 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
ulank Offline
Forum Person
Planeteer

Loc: Chicago, IL
Racist Peruvian Aliens

Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159767 Topics
1849766 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.