Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Sol III
 Originally Posted By: NOK
there's nothing like a lunatic to brighten up your day

hahaha! \:D

#1270463 - 01/07/14 04:15 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

I haven't been around nearly as much lately and have missed out on the Skywave introduction. Is that you Wild?
#1270466 - 01/07/14 04:20 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Jammer]
NOK Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: hanging N the GarAge
shhhh.... you won't get a straight answer and you will be accused of being a racist..

just about everyone here so far has..had that tag stamped on then

try to keep a low profile

#1270474 - 01/07/14 05:16 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: NOK]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

OK, thanks NOK. I'll try to keep my head low.

Outrageous offensive slurs and then Smelly to the rescue?

Seems like deja vu all over again.

#1270478 - 01/07/14 06:04 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: GAMBLE]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kansas City
 Originally Posted By: GAMBLE
My bad. Extraterrestrial Americans.
lmao

This thread has been a riot! I can't believe sky has not started in on how we are all old white misogynists yet......I have a feeling it is coming \:D

My name is Thad Scott

http://www.infinitymobilerecording.com

MAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOMES!!!!!!!!

#1270505 - 01/07/14 01:45 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Infinitymobile]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Loc: East Hampton, NY
 Quote:
In your usual gifted asshole way you fail to understand that this is nothing new, that was the point of what I posted. You really are disturbed. This thread probably should be moved to protect the delicate, lol.

In your usual not gifted asshole way, you fail to realize that there are precious few people who would actually take the time to read whatever it is you post. The likelihood of you saying something worth wasting a minute or so on just doesn't warrant that kind of effort. Here's a banana, now go climb a tree.

Quote:
you're out of your league junior.
your superior tone and overbearing attitude are unwarranted, especially considering you can't think your way out of a phuckin paper-bag.

This coming from the guy who's go-to emoticon is a dumbass toking on a doobie. I can see why my "attitude" comes off as overbearing to people like yourself who, short of having real expertise or qualifications, live a sort of fantasy life on the internet where they think/hope/believe that someone somewhere just might not question their moronic ramblings. Sucks to get called out as a poseur eh? Now get your amateur-astronomer telescope out of your ass and point it towards the sky. There's actual stuff to learn!

-john

-John Havlicek (from "How To Spot An Internet Idiot", © 2012)

#1270507 - 01/07/14 01:51 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: havlicek
 Quote:
In your usual gifted asshole way you fail to understand that this is nothing new, that was the point of what I posted. You really are disturbed. This thread probably should be moved to protect the delicate, lol.

In your usual not gifted asshole way, you fail to realize that there are precious few people who would actually take the time to read whatever it is you post. -john

Ever notice how assholes always think they speak for everyone? They always imagine a gang behind them, when in reality they are just a cowardly solo asshole. This jerk is so thick that he brings politics into play everytime he posts because of his signature line. Rightwingers only like politics in their echo chamber.

#1270508 - 01/07/14 01:52 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Infinitymobile]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Infinitymobile
 Originally Posted By: GAMBLE
My bad. Extraterrestrial Americans.
lmao

This thread has been a riot!

I agree and I got to call an asshole..."ASSHOLE", doesn't get much better than this.

#1270510 - 01/07/14 02:09 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Sol III
Sucks to get called out as a poseur eh?

from you?

not at all.

you're just another internet poser. lol

here, put that in your pipe!

#1270519 - 01/07/14 03:54 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Walmartville
 Originally Posted By: TwoTonCarmine
 Quote:

In your usual not gifted asshole way, you fail to realize that there are precious few people who would actually take the time to read whatever it is you post. -john

Ever notice how assholes always think they speak for everyone? They always imagine a gang behind them, when in reality they are just a cowardly solo asshole. This jerk is so thick that he brings politics into play everytime he posts because of his signature line. Rightwingers only like politics in their echo chamber.

Havlicek is an angry guy who must have a difficult life or something. His superiority complex is second to none here except for maybe Gamble.

America's greatest institution is the NFL.

#1270527 - 01/07/14 04:33 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

I wonder whats gonna happen next?

#1270539 - 01/07/14 05:08 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Quote:
Havlicek is an angry guy who must have a difficult life or something. His superiority complex is second to none here except for maybe Gamble.

We break into your regularly sheduled programming for this news flash:

This just in, the guy who has called himself (because no one with ears would do it for him) "rock's last hope" AND conferred himself with the title "musicologist" for a similar reason, is actually saying someone "else" has a superiority complex! People's heads everywhere are beginning to explode from "irony-overload", and local EMT crews are rushing to provide first aid and cleanup! We can't confirm this, but independant sources are telling us that "Al/Scott" will soon be joining "Moon" and a select few others for an intellectual circle jerk. More details as they become available!

-john

#1270542 - 01/07/14 05:18 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: ulank]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

Re: the giant spider-in-the-sand thingy:

One thing that needs to be taken into consideration - perhaps more than it has - is that Sky claims to have actually been there and, apparently, spent time up close and personal actually studying/learning about this *particular* phenomenon. This, in my book, makes her POV *much* more credible than anything else offered here on the subject.

#1270543 - 01/07/14 05:26 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SkyWave
 Originally Posted By: MadGuitrst
Is there anything you haven't done? \:\)

Silly question. Of course, there are many things. I have never killed, or been part of a military or parachuted from a plane, nor dived for pearls, nor have I been to India, and I still have a huge bucket list of things remaining to be done. Everyone here has done a lot of stuff, as have I. Nothing really unusual, I decided quite young that I did not want an ordinary boring same-same life, that I wanted a colorful and interesting life and with travel and that what I chose to create.

You all can think this is BS, but you will be wrong. The Nazca Lines are there, you can go see them as well and see how easily thee iron-rich crust can be broken to reveal the whiter sand underneath.

And it appears that Mr. Ismellelephant actually gets that racism underlies the assumption of white moderns that pre-Spanish Peruvians and Meso-Americans could not have built the monuments of their cultures, but had to have intervention by space aliens.

I, for one, not only appreciate your input on this subject - but I happen to agree with you and take interest on many points that you make across many subjects.

#1270544 - 01/07/14 05:28 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Ismellelephant]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Ismellelephant
A bit more
"Despite criticism from the scientific establishment, including famed scientist Carl Sagan, the ancient astronaut and lost civilization hypothesis remains popular. According to Omni (1994:77) "One of Sagan's original objections was the underlying assumption that our ancestors were apparently too stupid to create the monumental architecture of our past." And indeed, this is the theme that cuts across all the diffusionist ideas about the origins of Mesoamerican civilization. Each of these authors argues that the Mesoamericans were incapable of creating a unique, vital and exciting civilization on their own, and that they needed outside agents to help them overcome their mental handicaps.

This view is not only wrong, it is also racist. It is racist whether it comes from supporters of the Caucasian refugees of a lost continent (see Hancock 1995:102-104) or the Afrocentrists who see Africans as the superior race (see Haslip-Viera et al. 1997:420). What these belief systems fail to understand is that humanity has no biological determinism, that intelligence and the ability to create and to understand are not characteristics belonging to races, but individuals (Jurmain et al. 1998:109). Mesoamericans had a long tradition of civilization and culture before the Spanish conquest, and no attempt to rewrite history can deny the ancient peoples of Mexico their cultural heritage. "

Yep - that's interesting... relative to Sky's POV.

#1270548 - 01/07/14 05:52 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Blue Roots]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Blue Roots

One thing that needs to be taken into consideration - perhaps more than it has - is that Sky claims to have actually been there and, apparently, spent time up close and personal actually studying/learning about this *particular* phenomenon. This, in my book, makes her POV *much* more credible than anything else offered here on the subject.

Not be argumentative (really!), but why? Is she a recognized expert on artifacts, ancient civilzations, archaeology, sociology, psychology or in any other related field? I've seen volcanoes close up, but know next to nothing about them. I've been to hospitals many times and have doctors as friends and clients, I even have an undergraduate degree in biology...but know very little about medicine.

I've not been to Nazca as she says she has, so I would defer to how she says the natives (or at least some of those she has spoken with) feel about all this. I have no idea who created the lines or how, but I seriously doubt that many (most!?) who believe they were created by aliens do so out of racism.

-john

#1270549 - 01/07/14 05:52 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SteveW]
ulank Offline
Forum Person
Planeteer

Loc: Chicago, IL
 Originally Posted By: SteveW
That's inappropriate Gamble

Actually, Steve, it's completely true that white inhabitants in space hurl derogatory, racially charged slurs just the same as their cretin counterparts do here on earth. I've personally witnessed this outside a cafe in the Tharsis region of Mars when a white immigrant belittled a technicolor native. It's even worse in the elite communities surrounding Eridania Lake, inhabited by the Martian equivalent of the United States' own GOP-taliban scum. There, the natives are only allowed to purchase Mars bars and Milky Way chocolate bars; if they so much as attempt to purchase a Payday candy bar they face fines and even imprisonment, for "There ain't no payday for space negroes," as the saying goes among the vile Eridanians. So, Steve, while you may indicate such a claim is inappropriate, it is still widely used and thus justified as appropriate in space, just the same as it is here among the GOP-Taliban scum and their vile ilk. You would know this if you yourself didn't have the genetic predisposition for racism like all white men.

#1270553 - 01/07/14 06:06 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

I here you, John.

I am not making any claim as to her expertise on the subject in an absolute sense - only relative to what I know about it and relative to what others *here* seem to know/think about it. She comes off as credible to a degree - just by the way she writes and expresses herself. She could very well be full of shit - but given my options after reading through this thread - her point of view is as credible if not more than anyone else's... and I say that relative to the flogging that she's taken after expressing her experience (again, *considerable* relative to everyone else's, apparently) with the subject.

Surely, you see what I'm saying. An astronaut may not know all there is to know about the moon, falling well short of an expert on the subject. But I will take their first hand experience having been there seriously into consideration relative to some dunce who doesn't know fuck on the subject.

#1270556 - 01/07/14 06:12 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Blue Roots]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

It's seems pretty plausible that a considerable number of natives wouldn't take kindly to the somewhat accepted viewpoint in many circle that this was ET phenomena - and not man made. This begins to be a considerable point of view for me given that I first saw those lines on television in the mid seventies and my first thought whenever I see them ever since is along the lines of: "hey, there's those south american drawings in the desert that some believe could only be made by ET's".

I also think that the word "racist" or "racism" comes to most as immediately emotionally charged. This goes along the lines of something that I've been pointing out for years - "people choose to be offended". We sometimes often react instead of act. I think this happens with few exceptions in our society when those terms are thrown out.

Edited by Blue Roots (01/07/14 06:16 PM)

#1270561 - 01/07/14 06:29 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Blue Roots]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kansas City
 Quote:
I first saw those lines on television in the mid seventies and my first thought whenever I see them ever since is along the lines of: "hey, there's those south american drawings in the desert that some believe could only be made by ET's".
lol......yep....that goddamn Leonard Nemoy must be a racist for suggesting that it might have been aliens on his 'In Search Of' episode on the subject....... ;\)

And those who think the pyramids were built by aliens.....racist.....all of them......it has nothing to do with humans just not understanding how other humans could achieve such things......its all about everyone being racist.

What you might be missing Blue is that 'racism' and 'misogyny' are sky's go to comments on just about everything.....those words start to lose meaning (to me any way) the more they are thrown around. After all, I have not seen a single person her suggest that Nazcan folks are incapable of making the lines because they are not white? Did you see anyone or even get the feeling that anyone here was suggesting that?

My name is Thad Scott

http://www.infinitymobilerecording.com

MAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOMES!!!!!!!!

#1270564 - 01/07/14 06:48 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Infinitymobile]
GAMBLE Offline
Planeteer

The ridiculous part is that skytard will turn ANY inane topic into something about politics and involve racism. Like clockwork......any fucking topic.....every single time.

It's just stupid.

#1270565 - 01/07/14 06:49 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: GAMBLE]
SteveW Offline
Steve White
Planeteer

Loc: Rhode Island
This is going it too many directions to follow..... cya \:\)

#1270569 - 01/07/14 06:53 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Infinitymobile]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

I hear you.

It's pretty well been established that many of you think that she (I assume it's a her) is overly sensitive in certain areas. Her speculation as to others "misogyny"? I'd have to see the context to say whether I agree or not. I agree with her that racism is rampant - but it's not a black and white thing (absolutely no pun intended). It's mostly a matter of degree and subtlety. I struggle myself with old thought patterns that no longer serve me - or anyone else for that matter. The important thing is to see it, catch it, acknowledge it, correct it if needed, and then keep moving forward.

Here's the thing - I tend to agree with her in a general sense that a HUGE portion of humans are relatively "un-evolved" and lack "consciousness" relative to their/our potential. I know this because I am one of them.

She's a truth teller. A mirror. Sometimes what we see/hear is uncomfortable and inconvenient. True, nonetheless.

By the way Infinitymobile... have you read Vincent Bugliosi's "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder" yet? I ask because you have clearly expressed an interest in knowing the how's and why's of many folks accusations of wrong doing - and that one book spells it out in crystal clear terms from one of the most successful trial lawyers of our time. If you haven't - you should really read it.

#1270571 - 01/07/14 07:07 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

I've not been to Nazca as she says she has, so I would defer to how she says the natives (or at least some of those she has spoken with) feel about all this. I have no idea who created the lines or how, but I seriously doubt that many (most!?) who believe they were created by aliens do so out of racism.

-john

I don't think that she initially was saying that they *are* racist - just that the natives view others as racist for making an assumption. Again, not far fetched. That she assumes a position that some might be racist for assuming that these native's ancestors couldn't pull this off - also not far fetched.

Edited by Blue Roots (01/07/14 07:10 PM)

#1270572 - 01/07/14 07:08 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Infinitymobile]
mrsinical Offline
AudioWriter
Planeteer

Loc: Riding Indiana Waves of Audio
Jeesh... If only I'd have known what controversy this post was going to instigate - I wouldn't have posted.

However, like I tried to explain earlier - there may be those who are making alien connections for other reasons than the facts on which I refer my statement of "possibly".

I am referring to how these indigenous people, themselves, have somewhat recently re-confirmed that their long heritage, be it song, dance ritual costumes, writings, drawings or sculpture artifacts - from their own ancestors - some of which quite blatantly depict their "Gods" descending from the sky. Several of the artifacts look like modern aircraft and beyond...

I'm just saying, how could they conceive these particular and detailed artifact "designs" so long ago? The ones I'm referring to do not resemble birds or anything in their natural environment at all. And it just seems to be too coincidental for these particular artifact designs to come from pure imagination.

I have no intention of suggesting this POV comes from an intelligence level of the Nazca people at any point in time what so ever - I'm merely pointing out that their heritage suggests that something out of the ordinary took place a long time ago.

#1270573 - 01/07/14 07:11 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: mrsinical]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

Fair enough. ; - )
#1270591 - 01/07/14 07:58 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Blue Roots]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Quote:

-john

I don't think that she initially was saying that they *are* racist - just that the natives view others as racist for making an assumption. Again, not far fetched. That she assumes a position that some might be racist for assuming that these native's ancestors couldn't pull this off - also not far fetched.

Quote:
Do not denigrate the ancient peoples of South America by ascribing their works to space aliens.

In her very first post, she has preemptively ascribed negative intent to those who see the lines as potentially being the work of aliens. Again, those ideas might be coming from people who just don't see how ancients got things done without technological advantages...and probably are. It is way "far off" to assume racist motives or POV in all this, and she certainly has cast herself as being of that mindset in agreement with the natives right from the start.

Modern people from all over the globe and all kinds of cultures look at the ancient marvels and most often simply can not accept that these things were created using skill, intelligence, craft and muscle alone. This should be easy to understand as simple wonder and not racism, these creations are difficult to believe. ***Here's the kicker (and a little twist on the old philosophy 101 test), imagine some ancient culture untouched by modern civilization suddenly seeing jet aircraft, modern skyscrapers, computers etc. There's a good possibility those "racists" would think these things the creations of gods (a suitable analog for aliens).

Furthermore, when Steve laughed at her "racism" charges, she went a lot further into explaining how she felt and it was most definitely that racism is at the bottom of all this Dave. She also cites some pretty major "red-herrings" in a weak attempt to support her point of view:

Quote:
Well, you notice that these "space aliens" must have built it" do not say that the fabulous structures built in Europe by ancient white people were made by space aliens. I do not hear them saying, Oh, space aliens had to have built the cathedral at Salisbury, the natives could not have built such a marvel.

She's actually quite wrong about all that. First off, Salisbury Cathedral is not an "ancient structure" predating documentation. We know who built it and how they built it, there's no mystery there, and the very hand-crafts that produced the structure are still practiced today. On the other hand, there are inexplicably large/precise/perfect/ancient structures all over the world in Europe, Asia, North and South America that many believe were either built or inspired to be built by aliens...including the Pyramids. It's difficult for many people to fathom how ancients could have built these simply because of their scale and perfection, that's not racism and it's often aimed at artifacts created by so-called "white people".

I don't know this Skywave person, but she does one helluva lot of conclusion-jumping. More to the point, the absolutely intellectually and morally bankrupt practice of tossing around
"racism" charges at the drop of a hat is really weak. It also does a huge disservice in that "REAL" racism might just be overlooked as just another empty charge. I think the alien-conspiracy-people are about as wrong as could be, but I don't see racism in their beliefs at all.

-john

#1270597 - 01/07/14 08:23 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
slotz Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Colleyville, Tx
My son got married in Peru. We went to Cuzco and spent a week there exploring the incredible Incan ruins including Machu Picchu..
I do remember our tour guide pointing out the ancient "whites only" signs.

Hahahaha!!!!!!

#1270599 - 01/07/14 08:37 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: slotz]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

Well the thread is just going to go downhill now with Assoholeick relentless spin of how he is never, ever wrong. The guy is odd and I know odd first hand.

#1270610 - 01/07/14 09:32 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Blue Roots]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Sky being there didn't teach her that everybody who doesn't see things her way is a racist.

#1270612 - 01/07/14 09:34 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Blue Roots]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

-john

Wrong, she wasn't talking about what they thought at first, she was talking about what some of US think.

#1270615 - 01/07/14 09:41 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Quote:

We break into your regularly sheduled programming for this news flash:

This just in, the guy who has called himself (because no one with ears would do it for him) "rock's last hope" AND conferred himself with the title "musicologist" for a similar reason, is actually saying someone "else" has a superiority complex! People's heads everywhere are beginning to explode from "irony-overload", and local EMT crews are rushing to provide first aid and cleanup! We can't confirm this, but independant sources are telling us that "Al/Scott" will soon be joining "Moon" and a select few others for an intellectual circle jerk. More details as they become available!

-john

That actually was the regularly scheduled programming cause you make the same dumb points every time. Again, when you take a position as a musicologist, it's not yourself that gives you the title, it's actually part of doing the work. When you work as a musicologist, which most likely isn't going to happen since you consider Huey Lewis and Journey RRHOF material haha, then you can call yourself one.

and again, I've never called myself rock's last hope. It's the last rock hope. and something I used in promotion isn't the same as going around telling people nothing they say matters. Compared to you, you perennial snot, I'm down-to-earth. Get it, me human, you uppity dipshit.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Hop to:
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible) and 45 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
fabulousthunderbird
RGR
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
String Jammer
Xenophile
Dave Morris
T57Strat
slotz
GAMBLE
Jammer
Liquidirt
SteveW
JazAddict
motown59
GAWZDigitalUnderground
Geo
Hano
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
160052 Topics
1853603 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 1.577 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.