Page 6 of 6 « First<23456
Topic Options
#1271787 - 01/13/14 02:58 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Pensacola, FL
I’ve seen and read quite a bit about the Nazca lines over the years. I believe it has been pretty-well established by anthropologists and geologists they were employed by the Nazca as maps for finding underground wells and aqueducts.

And while it may be folly to believe this has anything to do with ET, there’s NOTHING racist about the notion or theory itself. People who subscribe to Ancient Astronaut theories tend to believe every race and culture in antiquity were guided or even directly influenced by aliens, and that theory does not exclusively extend only to the Nazca people …..misguided?...maybe!....racist?...no!

#1271789 - 01/13/14 03:11 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

One more bicker
 Originally Posted By: havlicek
and the other that no one pays attention to or takes seriously, john
Got the gang behind you again I see.

#1271791 - 01/13/14 03:23 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Memphis Monroe]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Sol III
 Originally Posted By: Gretsch 6120
I’ve seen and read quite a bit about the Nazca lines over the years. I believe it has been pretty-well established by anthropologists and geologists they were employed by the Nazca as maps for finding underground wells and aqueducts.

tnx for the input chris.
never heard that one before.

as a teen, another one that i believed was ET related was Easter Island.

turns out it was man-made.
the bad part of the story is that the islanders used every trees on their island to create their statues.

they destroyed their ecosystem in the process and had to resort to cannibalism in the end.

i certainly hope the whole human race doesn't share the same stupid gene. ;\)

#1271795 - 01/13/14 03:48 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

What’s fascinating about Easter Island is that the stones used to create those giant monolithic statues are believed to have come from the other side of the island. Mainstream anthropologist assumed they were moved with wooden levers because that was the most “plausible” explanation. The problem is many fold, however, when one considers the following: (1) the monolithic heads are just the top part of the structures we see today, and the rest of the bodies of those statues are buried underground, which means they’re actually much larger than most people even realize. (2) the geological landscape of Easter Island is such that it probably never produced enough trees to support that sort of undertaking. And (3) in order to move those stones that distance would have required a workforce much larger than what is believed to have been the population of Easter Island inhabitants at that time.

We see these types of monolithic and architectural feats all over the world (the Great Pyramid, the Sphinx, the Mayan pyramids, Newgrange (which I’ve visited) Machu Picchu, and many other monoliths throughout central and south America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, etc. Many of these defy our current understanding about what ancient people knew in terms of building techniques, architecture, and astronomy because the sophistication and precision of these structures are of a caliber in many cases our modern techniques in comparison aren’t as accurate or precise. In my view this points to the inescapable fact our ancestors were simply much smarter and more sophisticated than our history books would lead us to believe. Clearly a great deal of human knowledge and history has been lost throughout the annals of human time due to petulance, war, and natural catastrophes. I think I know exactly what type of techniques these ancient cultures used to accomplish these things, but so does our military. That is why the general public will never know what is possible in this lifetime.

Want proof?...here’s your hint:….. Edward Leedskalnin….He’s the only man in recent history to crack the code, and he did.

Edited by Gretsch 6120 (01/13/14 03:53 PM)

#1271798 - 01/13/14 03:59 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Memphis Monroe]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

tnx Chris.

i am aware of Coral Castle.

for an alternating viewpoint all one has to do is Google "Coral Castle hoax".
here's one that seems to make sense:
http://www.livescience.com/680-mysterious-coral-castle-fanciful-myth.html

i try to look at both side of the medal but that would take more times than i care to give it these days.

i think it's good to err on the side of scepticism.
otherwise the sky's the limit.

#1271814 - 01/13/14 05:52 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: moontan
tnx Chris.

i am aware of Coral Castle.

for an alternating viewpoint all one has to do is Google "Coral Castle hoax".
here's one that seems to make sense:
http://www.livescience.com/680-mysterious-coral-castle-fanciful-myth.html

i try to look at both side of the medal but that would take more times than i care to give it these days.

i think it's good to err on the side of scepticism.
otherwise the sky's the limit.

“The Mysterious Coral Castle: A Fanciful Myth” gets some of it right and some of it wrong IME. As a quick preface, my wife and I visited Coral Castle in 07. It’s not a hoax. It exists, and it’s very interesting. Also, I give a guy like Leedskalnin—who actually accomplished this architecture—a million times more credibility than armchair critic on the internet….sorry, but the fact is Leedskalnin was a brilliant man and not known for being a joker or dishonest.

Anyway, the article you linked doesn’t just gloss over some facts related to coral castle, but it downright ignores them. For example, there’s no mention of the fact that in 1936 Leedskalnin moved the castle from Florida City to Miami—a 10 mile distance. This reportedly took him 3 years. It also leaves out the fact that the U.S. Navy attempted to buy Leedskalnin off and acquire patents to what he’d discovered.

wiki source

There’s no doubt he used levers and pullies for some of these tasks, and he did have at least one assistant with the move from Florida City to Miami. The Coral Castle tour actually shows photographs of him using levers for some tasks; yet, when you see the enormousness of those coral stones you realize this would have been a major undertaking for a crew of people today, let alone in the 1920s and 30s. Leedskalnin had people attempting to spy on him at the time, while he worked at night. It was written about how strange it was that no men were seen coming or going from the worksite, but a low frequency hum was often reported. Nonetheless, there is no evidence and no indication whatsoever there was a workforce involved, and even if there were, the task would still be amazing. But the fact is Leedskalnin was nearly destitute and could have never afforded a workforce of that level.

So, there’s no hoax here. The article/s take the position that because the Coral Castle can’t be explained in conventional terms--a structure that can be visited and observed in plain daylight and is observed via public tours daily--then it must therefore be “a hoax.” But I have to apply a little commonsense here. If a highly educated dude in the 1920s, who was all of 100 lbs, is known to have vigorously studied ancient Egyptian manuscripts for many year one day says “I figured it out,” and then turns around to construct something like the Coral Castle I tend to believe it is what it appears to be. Simple as that! It is a really amazing place, and no matter how anyone chooses to slice it, what Leedskalnin accomplished was extraordinary by any standards. ….There will always be someone or some group of people trying to poo poo the accomplishments of others…but these so-called “skeptics” aren’t even getting the facts straight to begin with—not to mention they themselves aren’t even accomplished at writing or scholarly deconstruction. So, I attempt to view all things with neither skepticism nor optimism; rather, I prefer pure the employment of objectivism.

Is Coral Castle a hoax?...Absolutely not!...Is it a supernatural feat?...no!....Is it the product of some lost knowledge….The architect claimed it was, and he proved his point IMO….Unless someone physically moves or destroys that structure it will be there for thousands of years to come....maybe under water, but it'll be there.

CJ

Edited by Gretsch 6120 (01/13/14 08:32 PM)

#1271830 - 01/13/14 07:29 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Walmartville
 Originally Posted By: havlicek
...coming from the one guy who's dumb enough to call himself a "musicologist" but has no idea what a tuner does...and the other that no one pays attention to or takes seriously, this really stings! You three should start a club where you sit around at your weekly meetings and pretend to be stuff.

-john

You don't have to pretend to be stuffed, it happened again on this thread.

"I am only in this forum to ridicule you" - BmC

#1271846 - 01/13/14 08:59 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
havlicek Offline
Planeteer

Loc: East Hampton, NY
Hey listen here chubby, I'm starting to think you have a man-crush on me. All this attention would make me blush if it were coming from like...a person!

-john

-John Havlicek (from "How To Spot An Internet Idiot", © 2012)

#1271847 - 01/13/14 09:10 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: havlicek]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Walmartville
You've sought out my posts for a long time, it's no surprise whatsoever that a self-consumed egomaniac like yourself has no self-awareness of that evident truth.

"I am only in this forum to ridicule you" - BmC

#1271900 - 01/14/14 02:40 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: AL]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

Well, Gretsch is incorrect in stating that "it has been pretty-well established by anthropologists and geologists they were employed by the Nazca as maps for finding underground wells and aqueducts."

Hogwash. The Nazca Desert is one of the driest places on Earth, there are no underground wells or aqueducts. It rains there like an inch every 100 years. That is why the lines are still there . . . in any ordinary climate, rain and weather would have washed them away. That is why archaeologists were able to find well-preserved Nazcan textiles, cloth usually rots in a century or two or less, but not in the driest of deserts.

Most scholars now believe that the Nazca Lines were sacred pathways which Nasca people followed during the course of their ancient rituals and in shamanic training.

Walking the lines under the influence of the remarkable enthogenic cactus that grows in a nearby region can open the doors of perception to connect one with the ways the Nazcans related to the geoglyphs and what their purpose and meaning was.

#1271925 - 01/14/14 05:02 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SkyWave

Most scholars now believe that the Nazca Lines were sacred pathways which Nasca people followed during the course of their ancient rituals and in shamanic training.

Walking the lines under the influence of the remarkable enthogenic cactus that grows in a nearby region can open the doors of perception...

i'm in!
where do i sign up? ;\)

anyway, it still raises an interesting question:
why go to all this trouble for something that can only be seen from the air?

#1271939 - 01/14/14 07:40 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SkyWave
Well, Gretsch is incorrect in stating that "it has been pretty-well established by anthropologists and geologists they were employed by the Nazca as maps for finding underground wells and aqueducts."

Hogwash.

#1271945 - 01/14/14 08:44 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Jammer]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

just finished the Wikipedia entry about his topic.

seems like nobody has a clue to the purpose of those things.

#1271954 - 01/14/14 11:35 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

just finished the Wikipedia entry about his topic.

seems like nobody has a clue to the purpose of those things.

Those who know what the Nazca lines and geoglyphs are about are not going to write a blurb on wikipedia, nor are the lineage holders and wisdom keepers of the Nazcan peoples going to give away their secrets to moderns who want to satisfy some idle curiosity.

The Indian peoples who live in the are have a clue, know why the lines and figures were made, what they are for and how they are used. But think: Why would you expect native Americans to share their knowledge with the conquistadores, the oppressors, the capitalists and the white folks who insist that space aliens made the lines and figures? What makes moderns think they are entitled to ancient native knowledge when they do not respect the Indians, do not have a sense of the sacred, do not love the land and the world, and do not want to undergo the sacrifices or trials that lead to knowledge.

The whites came to Peru and South America and stole the land, the gold, the mineral wealth and made slaves of the native American peoples. The gold and silver stolen from the Inca empire now decorate the churches of Spain and Europe. The whites took everything of value, destroyed so much, smashed emeralds looking for hidden wealth, trashed Sacsayhuaman and brought the brutal Inquisition --- throughout Peru, one can see the remaining foundation stones of remarkable structures destroyed by the Spaniards. The whites took everything and left the people only smallpox and disease and slavery. Eduardo Galeano has written eloquently of the crimes against the native peoples in The Open Veins of Latin America, and Memory of Fire.

The descendants of the Inca think of themselves as the People of the Corn, they were on their continent long before the Europeans, they see Euro Culture as temporary and insane and bent on destruction, and figure that long after the Euro moderns the machine people, are gone, the People of the Corn will continue on.

So, why do you suppose some moderns make crop circles whose designs are only visible from the air?

#1271958 - 01/14/14 12:18 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: SkyWave]
fabulousthunderbird Offline
Planeteer

Because they could.

I am fonts

#1271966 - 01/14/14 02:10 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: fabulousthunderbird]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Quote:

Hogwash. The Nazca Desert is one of the driest places on Earth, there are no underground wells or aqueducts.

Not to “rain” on your parade, but you’re simply wrong on this fact. I’ll refer you to 23.61 of this Discovery Channel documentary where the researchers actually visit a subterranean aqueduct right there in Nazca….but far be it for me to challenge your expertise….

CJ

#1271976 - 01/14/14 03:49 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Memphis Monroe]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

tnx gretch for the video.

i watched most of it and the documentary seems to go in the possibility that the lines were mostly for religious ceremonies and whatnot.

the reason of course why the symbols are better seen from the air is that they were drawn for the benefits of the gods and not peasants. ;\)

we can't totally exclude that those gods were ET-related but there seems to be no evidences for it in this particular case.
if we had at least the local natives going: "yeah, dude, those were made by our ancestors hundreds of years ago for the sky-people who landed and..."

but we don't even have that.

#1271978 - 01/14/14 04:08 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

tnx gretch for the video.

i watched most of it and the documentary seems to go in the possibility that the lines were mostly for religious ceremonies and whatnot.

the reason of course why the symbols are better seen from the air is that they were drawn for the benefits of the gods and not peasants. ;\)

we can't totally exclude that those gods were ET-related but there seems to be no evidences for it in this particular case.
if we had at least the local natives going: "yeah, dude, those were made by our ancestors hundreds of years ago for the sky-people who landed and..."

but we don't even have that.

Concur!...I redact the “pretty well established” comment…that was based on some of the older research that was heading in the “witch water” direction circa the early 2000s….there’s no doubt and really never has been that religious ceremonial aspects of this were involved…consider that Shaman believe they regularly go out of body when in their often substance-induced trances….the lines may have something to do with that (i.e., a metaphysical map to be viewed from above)….There are also theories that hold some ancient cultures, such as the Nazca, used hot air balloons…it may be a combination of things, but I don’t personally believe it has anything to do with ETs….just don’t see the evidence for that..

#1271979 - 01/14/14 04:11 PM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Memphis Monroe]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Quote:
gretch: consider that Shaman believe they regularly go out of body when in their often substance-induced trances….the lines may have something to do with that (i.e., a metaphysical map to be viewed from above)

i was kinda hoping Skywild would've found and took that bait (before you mentioned it) and run with it.

oh well. ;\)

#1272261 - 01/16/14 12:02 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
Scottyjr Offline
Planeteer

Loc: KC
www.myspace.com/hellhoundjunkieskc

#1272262 - 01/16/14 12:10 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: Scottyjr]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

bwahahahahah! \:D

#1272265 - 01/16/14 12:24 AM Re: Nazca Lines [Re: moontan]
fabulousthunderbird Offline
Planeteer

\:D

I am fonts

Page 6 of 6 « First<23456

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159880 Topics
1850990 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.