Page 6 of 13 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#1334309 - 10/08/14 07:24 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: NOK]
Andy McClelland Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Commanda, Ontario Canada
 Originally Posted By: NOK
that was really terrible.. here's something even worse , but the guitar is in tune

Stupid song but the band rocks

Never mind, Just give me a B and I'll flatten it myself.

Andy on SoundCloud

#1334365 - 10/08/14 09:58 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Andy McClelland]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Awe-Sten, TX

Something decent to listen to and watch beginning on page 6 of this piece of shit thread.

#1334373 - 10/08/14 10:27 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kansas City
Seriously.......that is what you put up as an example of something 'decent'????? I would rather listen to the most recent song Al posted over and over again than listen to ANY Van Hagar......you can do better than that Golden Ears ;\)

My name is Thad Scott

http://www.infinitymobilerecording.com

MAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOMES!!!!!!!!

#1334379 - 10/08/14 10:33 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Infinitymobile]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Okay...I'll try harder. I liked the girls in the video. \:\) They were nice eye candy after the ear rape.

I totally admit its not my favorite song.

#1334382 - 10/08/14 10:41 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

A technique I've heard Al use on a lot of his tunes.

#1334391 - 10/08/14 11:06 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Infinitymobile]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Walmartville
 Originally Posted By: Infinitymobile
Seriously.......that is what you put up as an example of something 'decent'????? I would rather listen to the most recent song Al posted over and over again than listen to ANY Van Hagar......you can do better than that Golden Ears ;\)

Really now, that may be the best post you've ever made, Infinity. \:D

I agree so much. Van Halen is crapola especially with Hagar and anybody that puts that shit up on a pedestal clearly doesn't have a fucking clue.

"I am only in this forum to ridicule you" - BmC

#1334399 - 10/08/14 11:24 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Lighten up Al.

There's a world of talent out there.

So many wonderful things to listen to and appreciate.

Just because you're not a part of the music scene in any effectual way doesn't mean you need to be bitter.

You could always practice.

I used to teach people older than you how to play. In about 2 weeks they had more skill than you.

I know you're into facts, so here's a fact: It takes about 2 weeks to reach your talent level.

It takes a lifetime or an accident to lose your voice. If you'd like some spare change to cover your tracheotomy I'll see what I can do.

#1334452 - 10/09/14 04:03 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Did you teach people to be trolly like yourself ? Surely they couldn't be around you for 2 weeks before they started to pick up your social diseases.

Obviously my music is very important to you. You fixated on it at the Planet years ago and now again. I don't think anybody is fixating on your guitar copying. Why ? Because there are literally 10s of thousands of guitar players out there who spend their whole musical lives learning other people's riffs, like yourself.

#1334653 - 10/09/14 08:10 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Pensacola, FL
To the best of my knowledge no one has yet addressed this conundrum, but the title of your thread states that you are “still the future of rock,” which would indicate you were at one time in the past the “future of rock.” Of course, this begs the question as to at what point does the future become the past, and at what point do you finally realize that you were/are none of these things? In other words, after a decade of hyping yourself with nothing to show for it but a beat down on VS Planet at what point does the reality of your utter insignificance finally sink in for you?

#1334679 - 10/09/14 09:04 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Memphis Monroe]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

If I'm so insignificant, why are you constantly trying to hump my leg ? I mean, you've made 17 posts on this thread. Obviously I ain't too fucking insignificant, ya dunderhead.

#1334683 - 10/09/14 09:13 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

It's more about the possibility of your sickness spreading.

In Sparta, they would have dropped your musical children from a cliff to prevent discord from entering the gene pool.

We have little such luxury today.

Just as you enjoy flinging your musical turds in our faces we enjoy throwing a few verbal rocks back. It's petty, but what can you do?

Sometimes an open sore is fun to pick at. Thanks for being what you are. It makes the morbid fascination seem almost natural.

#1334686 - 10/09/14 09:27 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

wow that was creepy too. When are you gonna understand that I could never give a fuck what dolty Darren thinks ? I mean you are the same guy who demanded that I keep I Believe In Karma and Argue on Planet Radio because they're so good. heh You're the same guy who gave positive reviews to 4 out of 5 songs on the thread you showed up here with where you were pretending that you were a newbie who hung out reading the Planet for a long time. Bottom line, you're a desperate troll who was ashamed to come back under the name Darren because you were such an embarrassment back in the day. and that doesn't even get into creepier psycho stuff you've done.

You're a baby buffoon. Go spend 100 hours learning another EVH riff. and of course if you want to flame this thread til I finish filling up my soundcloud page, go right ahead. You're just one of my doofs, keep reachin' for the stars!

#1334688 - 10/09/14 09:37 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Walrus44 asked me to, Scott. I was doing my job. Nothing more.

I hope that clears up something that has confused you for some time now.

In all honesty, I'm happy that you keep putting your shit out there.
1) It makes some of us look better in context.
2) I'm pretty keen on freedom of expression, even yours.
3) Although I think your music is rather limited and even banal I wouldn't begrudge you any monetary gains you manage to reap. Good luck. It's a cruel world.
4) I piss myself laughing sometimes and it's been said that humor is good for the soul.

Now, if you were 16 and trying to learn things, I wouldn't feel like this at all. I'd try to help you.

But you want the world, which has seen better things, to love you and your laziness.

Good luck with that.

#1334691 - 10/09/14 09:58 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

I guess I need to answer your other sad accusations to finish out my retort.

1) While Jazzooo and I aren't the best of buds, I've always had a profound respect for his Art and Craft and have told him so many times. You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I would harass him offline. I would be more likely to do that to you, wouldn't I? So, if you have any speculations about how I've stalked you over the years why not have it out? After all, I'm clearly threatened by your talent and your wit!

2) I've actually met quite a few of these people here in-person or talked to them on the phone. Can you say the same? Would you like to begin the name-dropping first or shall I?

3) I think I am a newbie who has hung out at the Planet for a long time. That seems a pretty apt description and I'll stick by that.

4) It doesn't take 100 hours to learn an EVH riff, usually. It takes even less time to transcribe your material. And, like Silversmith, I'm pretty sure I could improve upon it, if only for humor's sake. You can't even begin to think that what you write is challenging to me, do you? Much less, pleasing to the ear? I'm all for simplicity. When you do a note bend, it's like listening to a cat getting gutted!

I hope this helps you to put some things in perspective. Your particular kind of trolliness feeds on an emotional response. Scott, you make me laugh. You have no teeth. Normally, I'm pretty mild with people because, as Walrus44 once said, "We're all in this boat."

I didn't always get along with him, either. But he had thoughts that could be respected.

You, I see, as a cesspool of bitterness and hatred for anything outside your grasp. It's both sad and rather humorous.

Is that clear now? \:\)

#1334702 - 10/09/14 11:34 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
Duckhead Offline
Planeteer

Loc: n Load!
Never let an electrical engineer near a telescope or an astronomy book. They may end up correcting the astronomy book!

#1334716 - 10/10/14 12:33 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Duckhead]
Dan Barnes Offline
I sing, I love, I love to sing.
Planeteer

Loc: Joshua Tree, CA USA
Nope... still a pissing contest. Just checking. Bye.

#1334718 - 10/10/14 12:58 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Dan Barnes]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Oh, go do another selfie, already! \:\/

We got serious issues to iron out!

#1334726 - 10/10/14 01:33 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

16 posts by you so far in this thread, you've almost caught up to Gretsch. I wonder when we get to the point where you start showing up on other people's website guestbooks impersonating me, again ?

I'm posting my songs, you're consumed with me - while calling ME bitter and hateful and a troll. Carry on, I got plenty more room on my soundcloud page and will be posting another song tomorrow. Maybe you should call up some of your Planet friends on the phone. Hey, you should call Gretsch, the 2 of you seem lonely.

#1334732 - 10/10/14 01:41 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

It's your show. Post what you want, Scott.

Try to be mature enough to handle the negative or lackluster feedback.

Historically, you've been a little liberal in your own opinions about music and rather conservative when given opinions about your offerings.

I didn't realize this was a post counting thread.

Since you have this penchant for deflection, I'll ask again, have you posted over at Gearslutz yet? They have professional mixers there. People who work with people who get paid to do music on a regular basis.

It might help you to share your stuff with some of those cats. Make sure to let them know that you're the Future of Rock, okay? They'd love that. And tell them how much EVH sucks too. \:\) Maybe they'll see something I can't.

#1334736 - 10/10/14 01:46 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

so it's an EVH fansite ?? where guys obsess about gear.

Sounds good for you, are you safe to use the name Darren there ?

#1334739 - 10/10/14 01:50 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Hey man, I'll use my name over there if you post some stuff in the songwriter's forum.

It's not like I'd flame you for doing what I suggested. As far as I'm concerned you're just trying to promote your stuff.

It needs work and you're a jerk when you read suggestions, but there's no way I'd do anything to sabotage your efforts to expand.

The world is a Cruel Mistress.

Go for it. If you do and you get positive feedback I lose a nut. I'm game to try.

#1334749 - 10/10/14 02:14 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

You just passed Gretsch, keep up the good work, ya creepy goon.

#1334750 - 10/10/14 02:18 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Congrats on your victory, Al!

You should go out an get a nice bottle of wine to celebrate.

We could use another laugh, are you thinking of posting anything else tonight? Me and the Mrs. could use a chuckle.

#1334770 - 10/10/14 02:57 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
Chimp Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Overland Park

By the way - you know they sell guitar tuners pretty cheap these days - you might buy one. Also - if you sit down and practice playing a note one whole step up and then stretching to that note- within about a week or maybe two you'll get the hang of stretching to pitch. At least it worked for me when I did it at the age of about 9 or 10 years old.

But then again - a lot of kids can learn a lot faster than older people. It might take a little longer since you are older than 9 or 10. Still I think it will help.

Edited by Chimp (10/10/14 03:28 AM)

#1334786 - 10/10/14 03:28 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Chimp]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

ok folks, here's what you've been waiting for - the official troll count. Only on Father Time threads do you get statistics. \:D

In 5th place we have a tie between Slots and String Jammer with 6 posts each.

In 4th it's the always trolly Gritz with 9 posts.

Hard to believe he's only 3rd, but Gretsch the psycho comes in with 17.

Golden Ears has come on strong, but he's still only in 2nd place with 19 posts. But to be fair, he probably leads easily in word count, the utter windbag. haha

and coming in 1st (drumroll), the lame ass cretin known as Chimp, with 21 posts!

hey you guys, keep on flailin', this thread ain't wrappin' up any time soon.

#1334791 - 10/10/14 03:39 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
Chimp Offline
Planeteer

hey Monkey throw some more stuff at us!

#1334798 - 10/10/14 03:52 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Chimp]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

oops, I got him talking to himself now. \:D

#1334848 - 10/10/14 11:33 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

There used to be a busy road that went across the state of Pennsylvania. The businesses used to be lined up there. Now if you take a drive on it, you see vast stretches of nothingness, and what was a thriving world of commerce has basically been wiped off the map. by progress.. Had some help from a couple Planeteers on this one - this track was produced by Karl Frick with V-drums by Dave Morris.

#1334851 - 10/10/14 11:37 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

The best thing you can do for a song is not play it.

#1334853 - 10/10/14 11:39 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Vanillagrits]
Chimp Offline
Planeteer

Guitar tuners...get your tuner! Only $12.00...

#1334855 - 10/10/14 11:42 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Chimp]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

Maybe you can get guitar lessons from Courtney Love.

#1334858 - 10/10/14 11:46 AM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: Vanillagrits]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

I got through about a minute.

My wife and I had a chuckle.

Thank you!

#1334862 - 10/10/14 12:04 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

wow, in 12 minutes, 4 new troll posts.

I'm rather proud of that collab with Karl and Dave. It debuted at #1 at mp3.com, no easy feat. I only saw one other guy do it in all the years I was there.

#1334873 - 10/10/14 12:45 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: AL]
GoldenEars Offline
Planeteer

Doesn't say much for mp3.com, does it?
#1334895 - 10/10/14 02:20 PM Re: Father Time is still the future of rock. [Re: GoldenEars]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Pensacola, FL
Hey Al, I just debuted at #1 in my garage, and I also gave myself the Nobel Peace Prize award for self-indulgence.

Lady GaGa has debuted at #1 on legitimate pop charts, and I still thinks she sucks awful…so, I’m not really sure what point Al/Scott thinks he’s making, but I’m sure it somehow makes sense to him.

Page 6 of 13 « First<45678>Last »

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159880 Topics
1850991 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.