Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1366864 - 01/31/15 02:57 PM Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet?
cajun Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kicking it in Y Town Louisiana
I'm going to attempt to eliminate most processed sugar out of my diet. My blood pressure is borderline and the doctor says if I don't get it under control, I'm going to have to go on medicine for it.

I'd like to avoid that and get more active and eat and drink better. I say drink better because I'm addicted to coke. especially mexican coke with real sugar.

I've been doing research and sugar is whats killing me fastest. I don't drink beer ever, very little whiskey or wine, not drugs, no cigarettes, not a lot of meat. I do smoke cigars but not everyday and I can go without smoking.

I'm going to increase my water intake, increase my fruit intake (apples especially) increase vegetables, and dreadfully increase beans and low salt soups. I don't care for beans that much but my wife says that's a very good source of protein.

Anyone have stories to share? warnings? success?

#1366866 - 01/31/15 03:09 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: cajun]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

Loc: The West Coast of Florida
Success.

I've dropped 12 pounds since the week of Christmas when I started my NY resolution early.

Having had success the Body For Life model a decade ago (andthen allowing my work to ruin that pprogress over a 3 year span) i am now revisiting that now...it's basically:

No sugar
6 meals a day (protein shakes are 3)
exercise 30 minutes each day (cycle and free weights)

Do that 6 days, on the 7th day no exercise eat all the sugar you want, then back to the regimen.

It's absolutely the "no sugar" part that is the most difficult but also a HUGE part of the success.

best of luck

#1366874 - 01/31/15 03:22 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: JazAddict]
The Vampire Lestat Offline
Planeteer

I cannot eat very much sugar or carbs, since I developed type 1 diabetes many years ago. I was weight training through the whole process, and I actually gained about 20 pounds of muscle from what was my healthy normal after going to a low-carb diet. I did not want to gain the weight. It has been nearly impossible for me to get to the weight I was before, although my doc says it's the insulin I'm taking.

The older I get, the harder the diet is to stick to. If you are just cutting sugar, that would be pretty easy. I was forced to cut pasta, bread, and most fruits. If I could eat spaghetti and fruit, I'd be really happy.

My advice is to stay away from nearly all "sugar free" treats. The "sugar alcohols" are nasty.

#1366887 - 01/31/15 04:17 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: cajun]
ulank Offline
Forum Person
Planeteer

Loc: Chicago, IL
 Originally Posted By: cajun
I say drink better because I'm addicted to coke.

Yeah, the booger sugar probably isn't too good for the ole BP.

#1366888 - 01/31/15 04:26 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: ulank]
Eric Collins Offline
Planeteer/Artist #86
Planeteer

Loc: Fairlawn, OH
yes, I'm working on it, but definitely in low gear at the moment. We just started a fitness challenge at work, and I have a shot at $100 if I do well, so there's some extrinsic motivation. I'm back to reading labels, aiming for low sugar, less LDL carbs, and more protein.
#1366895 - 01/31/15 04:54 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Eric Collins]
Dan Barnes Offline
I sing, I love, I love to sing.
Planeteer

Loc: Joshua Tree, CA USA
I'm back trying to eat better and less. My blood work is good, but I am massively overweight and after seeing myself in that Kulak's Woodshed video, my lord, I'm inspired to do something about it again. No, not "again", for good.

This is day 5. All I'm doing is eating when I should, what I should and how much I should and getting a walk or two in every day. Also I have some 10 pound dumbbells I use while on the computer.

#1366897 - 01/31/15 05:04 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Eric Collins]
flatcat Administrator Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Westborough, MA, USA
I've done the low- and no-carb diets before. They are extremely helpful in losing weight rapidly. I think, too, that my numbers (cholesterol, blood sugar, etc) were all the best when I was following a low-carb regimen. I was also running a lot - I trained for and ran a half marathon - this was 2011.

But the no/low carb diets are ultimately boring, to me. I can't stay on them. It makes eating a sandwich incredibly hard, for one. \:\) Plus, you know, the Japanese eat a lot of carbs in the form of rice, and they have low diabetes rates. They do have heart disease issues, but it's because they should stop smoking.

I think, after being in Japan especially, it boils down to a couple of things, really:

1. Don't eat too much. In America (and in some other places too, but really, in America this is a problem), portion sizes are just ... too much food and we don't even realize it. We'll eat a couple of thousand calories at a sitting and not even be aware we're taking in that much. Not eating until you're full, eating slowly (using chopsticks is GREAT for this), taking smaller bites (ditto) - these will help control the amount you eat at a sitting. I always eat until I'm stuffed. I need to stop doing that.

2. Stop sitting. This, to me, was one of the first things I noticed when I left Japan and returned to the States. Many people outside big urban centers with good public transportation systems simply don't walk. They get out of the house to the car, sit in the car for an hour to get to work, sit at their desk, get up and get lunch, sit some more, then go sit in the car as they go home, sit at dinner, sit in the living room until they lay down in bed. You walk maybe 500 yards. We used to walk miles every day, and we eat as if we still walk that much when we don't. Coming from Tokyo, where you walk and take the subway everywhere, this felt so ... strange. It's the sitting that's killing us. Get a walking or standing desk. If you take a call, stand up while you do it. Walk around and manage your people in person. Move around.

Those two things alone will make a big difference.

Exercise is great, and it's important. I think lifting weights is great for you as you age because it helps take care of all those little muscles that help you keep your equilibrium. Do squats. If you do nothing else, do squats. Work up gradually until you can squat your body weight, then keep going. That's big medicine right there. Read Starting Strength and its follow-on Practical Programming for Strength Training by Mark Rippetoe. Don't do the GOMAD diet if you are over the age of 18. Look at the section on older lifters in Practical Programming if you're in your 50s or more. But read 'em both before you start. Understand the mechanics and give it a go. You will be amazed at what happens, I kid you not.

I hate running, and have always hated running, but I love what it does for me. I have found that swimming also does great things for me, so I'm working that into my exercise regime as well. Even people with mobility issues can do things in a pool - you're less heavy, but you are also constantly facing resistance. Working out in the water can be great stuff.

Really, that's it. Eat a little less and move around more.

Professor Truth T. Sweetness says,"Mind your manners!"

#1366908 - 01/31/15 05:25 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: flatcat]
Planeteer

For starters, type 1 diabetes has nothing to do with eating or being overweight. It is an autoimmune disease. I also know some thin people with type 2 diabetes. Alot of it is genetic. Some of it is obviously weight-related, but some of it isn't.

I agree that sitting all day is bad. There was a recent report that implied that even if you work out several days per week, a desk job still has negative health effects. They suggested taking a brief walk every few hours, like on your coffee break. For me, this is not really practical. I don't really get breaks, and there's almost always a stressful deadline to meet. It is the reality of being a consulting engineer. The standing desk suggestion seems great until you try to apply it in real life. I'm pretty sure my office would think I'm nuts. There is so much work to do in my business that I'm lucky to get home let alone go to the gym.

To me, portion size is the answer. Portion sizes have gotten out of control. It's normal to drink a 24 oz soda now. I was watching an old movie from the 60's and everyone was drinking these tiny 8 or 12 oz sodas.

#1366909 - 01/31/15 05:26 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: flatcat]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

I have a vicious sweet tooth. I have nothing to offer.

#1366912 - 01/31/15 05:33 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
Dan Barnes Offline
I sing, I love, I love to sing.
Planeteer

Loc: Joshua Tree, CA USA
Every tooth in my head is a sweet tooth... except the fake ones.

#1366920 - 01/31/15 05:53 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Dan Barnes]
C Jo Go Offline
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
I learned to try and eat nothing white -- really helped with my diet .. pasta~ bread ~ rice ,etc

Swim/exercise weights > 6 days a week. When we dine out > it's always split a meal & it's usually a salad style dish.

My friends run 6-9 miles ~ 5 days a week day > always asking me to join ..I like walking they pass-by me and wave .

Grocery shop when you have just finished a big meal > only stock your house with the "good" stuff if its not in the cupboard/frig = it will help keep ya healthy

The only thing white > steel cut Irish oats /tofu / & a dollop of Fage non-fat + ~~ + my wifes makes me every morn. \:o

Edited by C Jo Go*Crystal Studios* (01/31/15 06:34 PM)

#1366948 - 01/31/15 07:14 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: C Jo Go]
RGR Offline
Planeteer

Loc: UK
real exercise can give you a carb craving biggerthan your own body weight.....after a 100 mile bike ride im ok for an hour or two....then wham....Ihave to eat a chocolate bar the size of the mid west! The best thing i find is to eat while exercising little bits when needed so that your body doesnt scream out out for junk over the next day or so.

#1366972 - 01/31/15 08:35 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: RGR]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

If you really want to improve your health, you will give up nicotine which highly correlates with negative health impacts. Keep your salt intake to under 2 grams a day. Get regular exercise.

Losing weight, exercising and keeping your cardio-vascular system healthy go a long way toward keeping healthy blood pressure levels.

Sugar in itself is not a big deal, the big deal is that there are mass quantities of it in soft drinks. A can of Coke has like eight teaspoons of sugar. You are better off drinking water, coffee, tea, juice, or low sugar soft drinks.

And really, moderation is key. You can eat almost anything as long as you do it in moderation.

A guy named Michael Pollan has written a number of well-researched books on food and eating, and basically he has found that people have done well and been healthy on all sorts of different diets. Only in recent times have people in the wealthy countries eaten so much processed crap and becoem such couch potatoes that obesity has become a widespread public health problem. Pollan's rules: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

#1367167 - 02/01/15 03:01 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: SkyWave]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

You forgot the word "misogynist" again missy "rant"

#1367199 - 02/01/15 05:08 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: cajun]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kansas City
Hey cajun, my wife and I started our 'low carb' life style about 6 years ago. She lost 40 to 45lbs and I lost about 20......and we have kept it off.....mostly. We have days and times of the year where we indulge a little.....but then we gat right back on the low carb wagon. We have tons and tons of low carb recipes for everyrthing from waffles to pizza to cheesecake \:\) let me know if you want/need any help with recipes or low carb food ideas.....and good luck!

Oh yeah......I too am a huge soda drinker.....but now days..... Coke Zero taste exactly like a reg coke with no calories or carbs!

My name is Thad Scott

http://www.infinitymobilerecording.com

MAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOMES!!!!!!!!

#1367215 - 02/01/15 05:59 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: SkyWave]
fabulousthunderbird Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: SkyWave
If you really want to improve your health, you will give up nicotine which highly correlates with negative health impacts. Keep your salt intake to under 2 grams a day. Get regular exercise.

Losing weight, exercising and keeping your cardio-vascular system healthy go a long way toward keeping healthy blood pressure levels.

Sugar in itself is not a big deal, the big deal is that there are mass quantities of it in soft drinks. A can of Coke has like eight teaspoons of sugar. You are better off drinking water, coffee, tea, juice, or low sugar soft drinks.

And really, moderation is key. You can eat almost anything as long as you do it in moderation.

A guy named Michael Pollan has written a number of well-researched books on food and eating, and basically he has found that people have done well and been healthy on all sorts of different diets. Only in recent times have people in the wealthy countries eaten so much processed crap and becoem such couch potatoes that obesity has become a widespread public health problem. Pollan's rules: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Shut the fuck up already.

I am fonts

#1367220 - 02/01/15 06:13 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: fabulousthunderbird]
Planeteer

This stuff has rocked my lo-carb world:

I am fonts

#1367272 - 02/01/15 08:34 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: fabulousthunderbird]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: fabulousthunderbird

got a box in the pantry! Good stuff....and key for making waffles \:\) ...and suger free syrup tastes just like regular to me.....

Edited by Infinitymobile (02/01/15 08:35 PM)

My name is Thad Scott

#1367282 - 02/01/15 09:02 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Infinitymobile]
RGR Offline
Planeteer

Loc: UK
cavemen didnt eat sugar

#1367292 - 02/01/15 09:24 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: RGR]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: RGR
cavemen didnt eat sugar
well....not processed sugars but they ate plenty of carbs if they ate fruits and certain veggies

My name is Thad Scott

#1367334 - 02/01/15 10:07 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Infinitymobile]
Planeteer

Thanks for the info on the Carbquick. I've never heard of it before. I'm always on the lookout for low carb items. I am skeptical about alot of these products though. The pasta that claims to be low carb doesn't really seem like it when I eat it. When you take insulin and test your blood glucose, you see results that imply otherwise. If you didn't have to worry about that, you'd never know I guess. I'll have to figure out where to get carbquick to try it.
#1367343 - 02/01/15 10:17 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: RGR]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: RGR
cavemen didnt eat sugar

And that is precisely why they remained cavemen --- they did not have sufficient dietary fats, sugars and carbs to develop the frontal lobe, you know, that part of the brain that makes us modern man and separates us from the lowbrows of 50,000 years ago.

Eat your sugars and fats. Just do not overdo it. And make sure to exercise and keep a happy frame of mind.

#1367345 - 02/01/15 10:21 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: The Vampire Lestat]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: The Vampire Lestat
Thanks for the info on the Carbquick. I've never heard of it before. I'm always on the lookout for low carb items. I am skeptical about alot of these products though. The pasta that claims to be low carb doesn't really seem like it when I eat it. When you take insulin and test your blood glucose, you see results that imply otherwise. If you didn't have to worry about that, you'd never know I guess. I'll have to figure out where to get carbquick to try it.
we just order ours from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Carbquik-Baking-Mix-48/dp/B000G0EP78

My name is Thad Scott

#1367347 - 02/01/15 10:24 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Infinitymobile]
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Infinitymobile
 Originally Posted By: fabulousthunderbird

got a box in the pantry! Good stuff....and key for making waffles \:\) ...and suger free syrup tastes just like regular to me.....

We love making blintzes with whipped cream and fresh berries.

I am fonts

#1367459 - 02/02/15 01:43 AM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: fabulousthunderbird]
Planeteer

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot.
#1367653 - 02/02/15 06:17 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: The Vampire Lestat]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

I think there's a distinction to be made between low-carb diet and a no-sugar component of any diet.

The effect of refined sugar(a "simple" carb) is different than the effect of sugar from fruits and vegetables ("complex" carb). The most impactful difference is the ameno acid release and it's effect on the metabolism and digestion. I don't recall all the details except to say that simple carbs promote fat storage at a greater rate than complex carbs. Additionally simple carbs promote the craving of more simple carbs, and they contribute to a metabolic crash (need naps?).

So to eliminate simple carbs (sugar in coke, candy,etc) but NOT necessarily reducing apples and broccoli will be very beneficial to your diet.

Further,while the no-carb (ketosis-seeking) diets can be very effective, the fact is that zero-carb can detract from the physiology of your body.....ie: brain function likes carbs, and carbs reduce the need for a backhoe to take a dump.

I refuse to eliminate the carbs in alcohol (althoughI do drink with water, not soda), and I've lost weight.

YMMV

#1367654 - 02/02/15 06:17 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: The Vampire Lestat]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

I think there's a distinction to be made between low-carb diet and a no-sugar component of any diet.

The effect of refined sugar(a "simple" carb) is different than the effect of sugar from fruits and vegetables ("complex" carb). The most impactful difference is the ameno acid release and it's effect on the metabolism and digestion. I don't recall all the details except to say that simple carbs promote fat storage at a greater rate than complex carbs. Additionally simple carbs promote the craving of more simple carbs, and they contribute to a metabolic crash (need naps?).

So to eliminate simple carbs (sugar in coke, candy,etc) but NOT necessarily reducing apples and broccoli will be very beneficial to your diet.

Further,while the no-carb (ketosis-seeking) diets can be very effective, the fact is that zero-carb can detract from the physiology of your body.....ie: brain function likes carbs, and carbs reduce the need for a backhoe to take a dump.

I refuse to eliminate the carbs in alcohol (althoughI do drink with water, not soda), and I've lost weight.

YMMV

#1367721 - 02/02/15 08:12 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: JazAddict]
cajun Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kicking it in Y Town Louisiana
Day 2 of no coke. I have a major headache.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

JazAddict, I should have clarified. refined sugar. I"ve been told to up my apple intake daily.

#1367760 - 02/02/15 09:25 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: cajun]
amiller Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Wilmington DE
So, this is what I did/do. I went on a low-carb diet until I was 3 lbs. under my target weight. Now, I eat whatever I want on the weekends and STRICT NO carbs during the week. Over the weekend I usually gain 3 to 4 lbs. I go back on the no carbs during the week and by Friday I'm usually 3 lbs. below my target weight again. My wife and I are both doing this and it's working really well for both of us for the past two years. We maintain our weight and look forward to sweets, pastas ...etc. each weekend.

Oh yeah, my blood pressure dropped down to 120/80 using this method.

#1367859 - 02/03/15 03:16 AM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: amiller]
Planeteer

I guess my point was that no refined sugar would be pretty easy for me. Low carb is difficult, especially when you're over a decade into it...And, I have seen no weight loss from it either.
#1367861 - 02/03/15 03:40 AM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: The Vampire Lestat]
moontan Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Sol III
Eat less, move more.
30 minutes a day of walking around the neighborhood as fast as you can.
Throw in some push ups, chin ups and abs work if you can.

If you smoke, replace cigs with vaping liquid nicotine.
It's much cheaper v and healthier and you still get your nicotine fix.

This low carb business is bullshit.
The body needs fat, carbs and proteins to function.
Carbs should make out about 50-60% of your diet. Proteins maybe 30 % and fat 10-20%.

Just cut down on the bad carb: candies, chips and pops.
Eat a balanced diet and exercise more.

#1367873 - 02/03/15 05:43 AM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: amiller]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: amiller
So, this is what I did/do. I went on a low-carb diet until I was 3 lbs. under my target weight. Now, I eat whatever I want on the weekends and STRICT NO carbs during the week. Over the weekend I usually gain 3 to 4 lbs. I go back on the no carbs during the week and by Friday I'm usually 3 lbs. below my target weight again. My wife and I are both doing this and it's working really well for both of us for the past two years. We maintain our weight and look forward to sweets, pastas ...etc. each weekend.

Oh yeah, my blood pressure dropped down to 120/80 using this method.
This is very close to how my wife and I do it. I try to keep my carbs under 50 a day (including beer...nothing but Mich Ultra...lowest carb beer we have found) and that allows me to stay within 3-5 lbs (+/-) of my target weight. If I want to kick in a quick weight loss I can lower that to 20 per day and remove the beer and within 7 to 10 days...I can drop 5-7 lbs and then go back to my 50 carbs a day. We have been doing it for a while now and it has been very effective for both of us. My blood pressure and cholesterol are perfect.

My name is Thad Scott

#1367880 - 02/03/15 07:24 AM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Infinitymobile]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Loc: New York
It's funny what we call "low carb." When what it really is is getting off a "high carb" diet. I'm usually around 190. Got up to 250 several years ago. Got on the Atkins induction diet and dropped 20 lbs in a month. Then went on the maintenance diet, which is about 100g carbs per day. Dropped an average of 5 lbs per month over that next year. Lost 70 lbs total and got to about 180.

Moving around even some is huge. Even 15 minutes 3 X a week of walking or exercising can kick in your metabolism. I'm around 200 now, which is a bit over, but I can easily lose it. Only gained that in the last year. Spring is coming.

Some good resources.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/
http://www.reddit.com/r/keto

When you stop eating so many carbs, and increase the fat and protein, your energy gets much better almost immediately. You can eat as much as you want, and always feel satiated.

The best thing is over time really learning how many carbs are hidden in all kinds of things we eat and think are healthy. Like yogurt. Jeez, most of them have like 26g of carbs in a 6oz serving.

I had a friend who I worked with a few years ago who lost 100 lbs and reversed type 2 diabetes, and got off the meds.

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection." — Leonardo da Vinci

#1367882 - 02/03/15 08:10 AM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Dot]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

You make some very good points Dot.....especially the fact that what we are actually doing is just reducing a 'high carb' diet....I use to have a VERY high carb diet......but I was fortunate to always have a very high metabolism so weight was never an issue until I hit my mid to late thirties and my metabolism slowed and I packed on about 20 pounds over about 2 years.

The other point is how many carbs are in things that we don't think about....like a can of coke for example (not that I ever thought that was healthy drink of choice but I sure do like them \:\) )....I use to drink a 32 ounce fountain drink from a convenient store and in that one drink, I would take in as many carbs as I take in a typical day now.

So now, since I am conscious of the 'sweeteners' used in diet drinks....I only drink 1 or 2 cans (24 ounces) of diet soda to satisfy my craving and I am taking in 50 less carbs a day with that one choice.

My name is Thad Scott

#1367903 - 02/03/15 01:59 PM Re: Anyone try taking sugar out of their diet? [Re: Infinitymobile]
LarryG Offline
Planeteer

Loc: FL
Haven't tried to eliminate all sugar, but have been off all coffee and soda for the past six months.

Stopped the coffee because the only way it tastes good to me is with four sugars.

Don't miss either of the above.

Put some sugar on strawberries and cereals. Also love Italian pastries and apple strudel / turnovers / pockets -- which I eat occasionally.

/L

Edited by LarryG (02/03/15 01:59 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159869 Topics
1850851 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.