Page 18 of 22 « First<1617181920>Last »
Topic Options
#981902 - 05/30/10 02:13 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: bear]
Johnnyo Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Sask. Summers--Donna Tx. Winte...
OK thanks bear.. got it, It went through the one disc & I got a whole bunch of "takes" in a folder that it named Song 2..It put the Folder Song 2 into my test folder. Should I move it to it's own folder?
What is my next step in converting it to a wave file that will be recognized by Audacity or other programs.
I appreciate your guiding me through this..
John

#981932 - 05/30/10 05:18 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: Johnnyo]
bear Offline
Planeteer

Loc: abq,nm,usa
Ok now you now have your song in a file system that you can do something with.

Do you want to use Reaper? or VSWE?

#981937 - 05/30/10 06:07 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: bear]
Johnnyo Offline
Planeteer

I downloaded Reaper.. What is VSWE ? which is better or easier to use?
John

#981941 - 05/30/10 09:11 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: Johnnyo]
bear Offline
Planeteer

VSWE is a standalone program written by Danielo to convert the roland RDAC files to .wav - same download link as above

After conversion to .wav, tracks can be pulled into any PC program.

If you want to directly pull roland tracks into reaper - where the can converted into .wav or anything else, or mixed etc then you need the randygo .dll from same download link as above

It all depends what PC program you are familiar with and want to use

#981993 - 05/30/10 02:09 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: bear]
Johnnyo Offline
Planeteer

I guess I'm doing something right. I opened the Roland files with Reaper, & saved them to a folder. When I load the songs into Reaper, I get individual tracks & that is what I want. If the song had 5 tracks, then 5 individual tracks come up, if the song had 8 tracks, then 8 tracks come up & I can edit each track, move volume faders etc,, All is good so far, But when I open audacity, & go to the folder where I saved the songs I opened with Reaper, I don't get editable individual tracks, they are saved as a Reaper Project File in the folder..
I must be saving them wrong or?????

#982004 - 05/30/10 03:05 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: Johnnyo]
bear Offline
Planeteer

You need to RENDER them in reaper to turn them into .wav files that audicity or other DAW programs can use.

FILE/RENDER in reaper to open up the render dialog.

Tracks to be rendered must be selected (by clicking on the track number - ctrl click to select more than 1)

Specify where you want tracks saved

Secify wav as type, specify sample rate (probably 44.1k) and set bit depth desired

click "render stems"

unclick "render master mix"

#982018 - 05/30/10 04:17 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: bear]
Johnnyo Offline
Planeteer

Thanks bear. got it rendered & opened in Audacity. haven't tried other programs yet..
what is the difference in choosing 64 bit vs 24 bit? also channels stereo vs mono? And lastly where it says Full-speed Offline?
Thanks again for helping this old man get through all this.. Seems relatively easy once it's done..

#982020 - 05/30/10 04:25 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: bear]
darthfader Offline
Planeteer

good day everyone!

i just tried to backup my main harddisc from my recorder with the windows aplication!

the aplication is simple to use,but when i go to drive analysis it starts and then it brakes up.

does anyone know a better way or a more save way to backup the harddisc files.

the recorder doesnot recognize one of two partitions.if i open the folder on my pc anything is there,i just need something to read and convert the data.

the problem is the app is givingg up to early need something that converts all it could convert without holding on errors!

can somebody help me please

#982021 - 05/30/10 04:35 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: darthfader]
darthfader Offline
Planeteer

#982022 - 05/30/10 04:38 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: darthfader]
darthfader Offline
Planeteer

edit:
it starts to read(vs wave export,partition analysis)
finds alot of songs and stops with the failor:
"failed to read directory entries" 424: object required

when i try to exportt these files this happens:
no project selected(partition is selected)

the most recordings are lv2 files and are not supported by the app!

what can i do is there something else another app?

would be very thankfull for some help

Edited by darthfader (05/30/10 04:39 PM)

#982035 - 05/30/10 06:49 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: FunkyBeat]
darthfader Offline
Planeteer

for example method one is for backup cds!
can i read the files directly from harddisc this way?
i discribed my problems with the vs wave converter on earlier posts directly over this one..

#982117 - 05/31/10 03:02 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: darthfader]
Johnnyo Offline
Planeteer

You probably would get answers by starting your own thread.
#982133 - 05/31/10 04:27 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: Johnnyo]
darthfader Offline
Planeteer

if you dont have got an answer john.. why the fuck dont you just do what you have to do:shutting up!i never talked to you.

and give funk the chance to answer this question which was posted in the RIGHT thread.because this thread is called backup GUIIIDE,ok?

cant believe it..

darth

Edited by darthfader (05/31/10 07:16 PM)

#982193 - 05/31/10 07:41 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: darthfader]
Johnnyo Offline
Planeteer

Whoa man, cool down, I was just trying to help you.. And don't call me punk, I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather. Have some respect for people.
I only said that because I started this topic pertaining to the problem I had, so the ansewers were about my specific case. And I noticed you had NO answers to your question, So I only suggested go to where it says New Topic Options, then New Post, put your question there, & you'd probably get more response.
But the choice is yours, if it makes you feel like a big man bad mouthing me, go ahead. I see where you edited your post, & erased all the foul language in there.. I commend you for that..

I'd suggest go take a valium, cool down, show a little respect for people, somebody will answer you, & this world will be a better place.. Cheers my friend....

#985693 - 06/23/10 03:10 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: FunkyBeat]
psychcowboy Offline
Planeteer

Loc: boulder CO
i am sure somewhere deep in this thread is the steps to convert 1824 tracks to .wav. can someone post the link, or describe it to me?

i am making an ep, i have the tracking done but want to sit down with a real engineer to mix/master. most of them want to work in pro tools. my idea was to use the 1824 to mix, plugged in to the engineers monitors and with the engineers ears to help me adjust settings on roland, eq etc. then that mixed stereo pair would be recorded in to pro tools for mastering. is that a decent plan?

most of the engineers say it is best to dump it all into pro tools first.

thanks.

#985710 - 06/23/10 07:45 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: psychcowboy]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Loc: on land
Start with the very first post in this thread....... links are there, as well as detailed instructions for a couple of the methods.

My favorite, requiring the least amount of brain-strain for me \:\) is to use VSWaveExport. It has the CD2Roland Ripper included, so you can first rip the data backup cd, then convert the tracks to .wav files all in one program.

Make sure to pay attention to the instructions found here about setting up your folders for keeping the ripped songs and tracks separate to avoid file coruption.

#986329 - 06/28/10 10:32 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: uptildawn]
danmanisa Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I am having trouble with the last section of the first method. Everything went absolutely swimmingly, unless I am misunderstanding something. I have reaper 3.36, latest version. I opened my project, there were my tracks all beautifully layed out in front of me.
I select them all (select all) and go to File render, change any settings to match the recommendation, but all i get is a mono or stereo file of the whole song bounced together. Is it just a case of rendering each track as a mono source one at a time (which actually wouldn't take too long)? I assume there is a better way that renders all tracks as independent files. I have checked the rendering preferecnces a million times and tried with multiple settings, yet i either get nothing, a bounced mix or just one track. Not multiple files at once, one for each track. Any ideas? Thanks in advance and well done all those who contributed to getting this going! Old songs are no longer left to rot...

#986334 - 06/28/10 11:25 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: danmanisa]
bear Offline
Planeteer

In reaper in the render dialog check "RENDER STEMS", uncheck "RENDER MASTER MIX"

Make sure all tracks you want rendered are SELECTED(click on the track number, ctrl click for more than one). A selected track highlights.

#987031 - 07/03/10 07:29 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: bear]
danmanisa Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Thanks mate, worked a treat! I had not selected all the tracks the way you mentioned. I had gone edit - select all which appeared to grab all tracks but obviously not for rendering sake.
Anyway, thanks, no I can get back to finishing my old band's long lost 2nd album.... Cheers

#989429 - 07/20/10 07:04 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: danmanisa]
jeffthedrummer Offline
Space Cadet

Hi all.
Haven't made too much progress on the Mac version lately. It's not totally dead, I've just ben busy with other software projects...

#989851 - 07/24/10 03:57 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: jeffthedrummer]
TheRealNate Offline
Space Cadet

Hello Everyone,

I recently installed Reaper on my PC. It is a 64 bit machine, so I downloaded the 64 bit Reaper installer. Everything seemed to work just fine, until I tried to open my song files. Apparently, the reaper_vs.dll does NOT work with the 64 bit version of Reaper.

No big deal, I just used the standard Windows installer.

#989855 - 07/24/10 04:34 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: TheRealNate]
Randyman... Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Houston, TX
Use the VS Wave Export tool to convert the VS files to Wave files - then they will work in practically any DAW that understands Wave files \:\)

#992272 - 08/06/10 09:47 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: FunkyBeat]
GrooveMasterKev Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: Sacramento, CA, USA
Is the only solution to converting tracks recorded with the LIV setting to WAV's re-recording to another platform or VS system? I recorded a live show about (2 hours long) and now need to save all the tracks as Wav files. Unfortunately, I can't export them out to cd (error says the cd doesn't have enough space)and neither VSWaveExport or Reaper will recognize the file type. I need help badly! Yesterday!

#992370 - 08/07/10 06:08 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: GrooveMasterKev]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Your only solution is to get them out of LIV mode (that includes any LIV, LIV2, etc.).

Simple way is to record them directly into the PC via your soundcard.

You don't really need to fuss with having a great sound card, or digital inputs because (at least in my opinion, based on personal experience) LIV mode sounds so degraded next to even MT2 mode. It certainly won't suffer from an analog transfer through even one of the decent lines of SB cards (In fact, many SB cards include digital spdif and/or optical inputs and outputs). One of my sisters routinely transfers cassettes through the analog inputs on her Compaq built-in sound card without any noticeable degradation.

Of course, you'll need to play it back in realtime, however there could be an upside to that as well, since you could actually perform a bit of editing and EQ correction/enhancement beforehand if you wanted to.

Just do it and don't think about it.... You'll have less aggravation. \:\) Good luck.

Let me ammend this..... When you said live show, I automatically assumed two-track, which could be completely wrong.

Still, the same solution is the end result. If it's multi-track, simply hard pan each pair of tracks L/R and send one out each side of either the digital or analog outputs you choose to use. If you have a sound card that can accept more than two inputs at once without blending them and you understand the basics of multi-track recording in the PC environment, then use the direct output method, which allows you to pass up to eight analog tracks in a single pass.

You don't mention which machine you're using... 1680.2480, etc... The options will be slightly different depending.

Edited by uptildawn (08/07/10 06:14 PM)

#995421 - 08/26/10 08:23 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: Johnnyo]
WinyardPro Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Great Southern Land.
This also applies to the Roland VS1680 etc...

Great news for Roland CDR Burner replacement!

Also you could put your CDR projects into the PC Burner tray and copy the data directly to a VirDIS .HDD file and then drag and drop the .HDD file for RDAC to .WAV conversion without any additional step.

Update!

There you go... Notice in this screen shot how the VirDIS GUI is showing a project recover: Drive (D:) "Multi-disc set 3 of 3"?

This is one project spanning over THREE CD-R's. This is the VS2480 taking a VS2480 project back-up from the PC CD/DVD Burner via VirDIS to the VS2480's Internal HDD.

After each disc #1, #2, #3 the VS2480 asks for each disc and the PC CD/DVD Burner draw/tray will open and the next disc is inserted just like a VS2480 internal burner or external Roland CDRII/III burner.

More later.

WINYARD-PRODUCTIONS.COM

#1029900 - 02/27/11 07:13 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: WinyardPro]
nat77han Offline
Space Cadet

Hi- I hope this thread is not too cold.

I just discovered this forum and thought if I could transfer wav files to my computer it would allow me to get continued use out of my trusty VS1680.

I have read through this thread and tried to convert a backup CD to wav files by both methods.

I tried the VS Wave Export first, and did succeed in ripping the disc.

My song shows up in the "Roland drives and files" box as "Project er\SongName, UKN, 64000Hz, Folder: SONG9300.VR6"

When I click on the song in that box I get the mysterious "Output" dialog with a bunch of messages about overlapping events.

When I click Export I just get a message that says "Unknown Format"

I tried the Reaper approach per the instructions, and when I attempt to open the SONG.VR6 file, I get an Error "UKN" encodings are currently not supported.

Any Ideas what might be wrong?

#1029934 - 02/27/11 04:18 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: nat77han]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

First... Welcome!

I need time to check some things out before I can be of much help, but I've also run into this "UKN"/"Unknown Format" thing before, so you're not alone. I just don't recall what the problem was or how I resolved it at the moment.

I'd suggest that you begin a new thread to discuss this though. It would help to keep this thread from becoming too much more bloated... 13pgs. is a bit much. \:\)

Include some specific info on the VS song file you are ripping... What recording mode and sample rate might be helpful.

You might also try creating a new backup cd...

If you have enough room on your hard drive, make a Song Copy Playable of the song (so you have a copy of the original).
Then optimize one of the files to get rid of unneeded edits.
Make a new cd backup of the optimized file and try ripping that in VSWE (VSWaveExport).

The UKN and 64000Hz seems very wrong to me...

I'll see if I can find some time today to test a couple ideas and check back for any updates you may post. Maybe someone else will have a good idea in the meantime.

#1039715 - 04/21/11 12:49 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: uptildawn]
tapehead Offline
Space Cadet

Hi, this is my first post here.
Just have a couple of questions.
Will the cd ripping tool work with xp home or does it need to be xp pro?
Also, has anyone used this software with apple bootcamp?

#1070583 - 09/30/11 02:51 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: tapehead]
DEMONMASTER62 Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Central Florida
This is also my first post, hello to all, and please excuse anything that sounds dumb. I have quickly scanned over this thread, because I have the same issues you all do 1680 in that propitary data [Lord, I hate that crap] getting ready to go to cakewalk, haven't started yet. question; since Roland now "owns" Cakewalk, and they presumably know by now that many of us who've spent thousands of dollars on their stuff have this problem. why, can't they put a Virtual vs1680[I'm aware that is a virtual virtual..lol] in cakewalk that can read this crap from the computer's CD drive and solve this whole problem? This seems so obvious to me, you'd think the geniuses up there at the mighty Roland would have already thought of it. Or just put in the code that makes it propritary in cakewalk with same outcome? You should have heard the screaming martches I had with "tech support" over having to buy a special burner just to save my songs 10 years ago. Like talking to Darth Vader, he listens, but knows he has you by the gonads.

http://soundcloud.com/demonmaster62

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/KODAJYNX
Yes, KODA JYNX is my other life.

http://kodajynx.blogspot.com/

#1070633 - 09/30/11 10:12 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: jeffthedrummer]
Kragster Offline
Space Cadet

Hello Funkybeat... I hope this thread isn't cold. My 1880 won't reload... I hope my backups are not corrupt. I loaded them onto my PC with Reaper...etc.

So what is the MAC program mentioned above... I'll try anything at this point... project is 90% done! Eric

#1070646 - 09/30/11 11:17 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: Kragster]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Kragster
Hello Funkybeat... I hope this thread isn't cold. My 1880 won't reload... I hope my backups are not corrupt. I loaded them onto my PC with Reaper...etc.

So what is the MAC program mentioned above... I'll try anything at this point... project is 90% done! Eric

I know I'm not Funkybeat.... and this isn't an answer to your dilemma. But let me make a (sensible) suggestion that might help you and others get current responses to your current problems.

This thread was started primarily as an "information" thread and has grown to more than 12 pages.

It seems to me that you would be wise to begin a new thread with a fresh subject line designed to point to your specific problem get the attention of people (not just Funkbeat necessarily) who would be willing and able to offer help concerning your particular issue. You could always link to this thread by copying and pasting the url into your post, or even copy and paste a particular quote from a post (or more) in this thread to get people to better understand what your thread/post is about.

I hope you take this suggestion in the light it was offered. I mean it with all sincerity in the hopes that it will better serve you to find a solution to your issues and not just sit here as a lost question in a big wave of posts.

Kragster, I think that you in particular will get a lot of help if people see a thread from you with a subject line concerning your backups that won't load into your 1880.

from where I sit (and in my own experience), I'd suspect that your VS CD-burner might be the reason your backups won't load into the VS rather than the CD-R discs being corrupt... especially given that you are able to load the files onto the PC with Reaper, since that shows that a different burner is capable of reading what is on the disc correctly.

Your VS burner may need a simple lens cleaning with a proper lens cleaning CD disc, or it may require a more aggresive cleaning of both lens and internal moving parts, which might be done by someone who is comfortable and knowlegeable with taking apart a burner and cleaning it without doing damage to the unit.

That kind of cleaning has done wonders for me in the past. Maybe it's what is needed here too....

#1075739 - 10/25/11 10:51 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: uptildawn]
DEMONMASTER62 Offline
Planeteer

Hello all. This question may have already been asked, but thread is so big , I can't find it; I am on my "surfer" laptop, will soon be buying laptop just for DAW [CAKEWALK Producer], question is; if I do the one of the conversion methods on this comp, can they then be backed up on another disc and transfered to the other comp to go into cakewalk? or any other DAW for that matter? are they "portable"? I guess that is the right question.

Leaning toward the one that leaves reaper out. but if I have to use reaper,I want to use this comp. only thing on the new one will be "Producer"

The files are from 1680

Edited by DEMONMASTER62 (10/25/11 10:52 PM)
Edit Reason: clarity

#1075899 - 10/26/11 12:54 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: DEMONMASTER62]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

If I read your question correctly, then yes, of course the converted tracks can easily be backed up, edited, transfered to another pc... The "converted" tracks are .wav files. That is the standard Windows, uncompressed audio file format.

#1075972 - 10/26/11 05:42 PM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: uptildawn]
DEMONMASTER62 Offline
Planeteer

Thanks ups, I have seen your posts through this and many other threads, and you seem to have tried em all. the guys who broke the code deserve big round of applause, but you do as well, as I see you do a lot of "grunt work" and helping people. I came into this thing so late that it is all new to me. had the 1680 for 12 years and that was as close to "computer audio" as I wanted to get. now I'm ready to move into this century, and feel like a 48 year old kid starting first day in kindergarten. lol. have over 120 songs in that back up data of rolands, so you can see my concern. was going to do the 2 by 2 by digital transfers, and now I find that MIDI won't even keep them in sync [haven't tried yet, just going by what I see here and elsewhere] that is a mindblower in itself.

#1076137 - 10/27/11 03:36 AM Re: *** FunkyBeat's VS CD Backup to WAV detailed GUIDE *** [Re: DEMONMASTER62]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Midi can keep them in sync, but you have to allow at least one measure (two or more is better) for the two devices to find their step.

When I first got a PC, I spent the better part of two months transfering 1680 songs, eight tracks at a time, via the VS direct outs (analog) to SAWStudio (my DAW of choice) through the eight analog inputs on an RME MultiFace PCI card and breakout box. I didn't have the patience to do it two tracks at a time through spdif.

For the most part, I used midi sync and that worked okay. Sometimes I used the old place a drum stick click at the end of each track trick before transfering/dubbing and then re-aligning the tracks once in the daw.

Then, when it almost didn't matter anymore (having transfered nearly everything I wanted to save), along comes Danielo, Bear and Randygo... and of course, FunkyBeat and a few others... with this mind-blowing way of using CD-R backups to rip the tracks to .wav files and/or open up song files in Reaper!

And of course, along came Bill Casey and the people who helped him troubleshoot the whole VirDis thing... Wow! what a trip.

I still use the 1680 (and even the 880 once in a blue moon), mostly because a long distance friend and I like to work on songs together and that is still his recorder of choice (or necessity).

I like trying to find the cleanest route I am able to get those VS songs onto the PC... wish I had a better way to put them back into the 1680 (I know I'm dreamin') and won't be happy until I can do it as easily as I can just record directly to the PC. I happen to like some of the Roland ver 2 FX card effects, so that's another reason I want to use both the VS and the PC still.

Anytime I can help out through my tinkering, I'm all for sharing the results.

Hope you get things going the way that works best for you. I didn't get my first modern Windows PC until 2001, so don't feel too bad... I couldn't touch the mouse without getting a blue screen of death and drove my neighbor nuts for a long time... That's how non-computer I was. There's plenty of hope for you. \:\)

Page 18 of 22 « First<1617181920>Last »

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159741 Topics
1849563 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.038 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.