Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1487237 - 08/15/16 09:26 PM Re: I Hate Working with Video [Re: motown59]
motown59 Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 238
Planeteer

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: Ismellelephant

Don't behave like AL..and I did like the keyboard players washing machine dance.

Quite impossible for me, but you're doing a fine job of impersonating Al. Why even bring him up? obsessed much?

As far as my video, considering the insults you've already tried to throw at me (and others) about it, your comment is pretty transparently another insult, albeit a lame one. Obsessed much II

You put out disclaimers that you don't like to work on anything more than a handful of hours since nobody can hear it and nobody cares. That's a perfectly great way to never work hard at anything, never proudly put your name on something, and yet have a built in excuse for it's flaws. So, go ahead and continue to sit on your ass and be a mediocre critic too, it fits with your philosophy.

"I love what you guys are trying to do up there" ...from an audience member at one of my gigs.
Gear: Fender Medium pick

#1487242 - 08/15/16 09:44 PM Re: I Hate Working with Video [Re: motown59]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

You are such a fish...you really don't get it do you?

#1487243 - 08/15/16 09:49 PM Re: I Hate Working with Video [Re: Ismellelephant]
motown59 Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 238
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Ismellelephant
..you really don't get it do you?

"A rhetorical question is a question that you ask without expecting an answer. The question might be one that does not have an answer. It might also be one that has an obvious answer but you have asked the question to make a point, to persuade or for literary effect."

"I love what you guys are trying to do up there" ...from an audience member at one of my gigs.

#1487245 - 08/15/16 09:56 PM Re: I Hate Working with Video [Re: motown59]
Mooseboy Offline
That's "MR. Asshole" to you, buddy!
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
Wow, that escalated. Must be more behind it than meets the eye in this thread.

#1487251 - 08/15/16 10:17 PM Re: I Hate Working with Video [Re: Mooseboy]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

No not at all. Just a *MAS member who will not tolerate even a tiny widdle bit of shit thrown their way that they expect others to just take.
What makes it funny, if my ship set sail, and Al, for example are so insignificant, why would it bother the members of MAS?

*Mutual Admiration Society
The members will never criticize each others despite obvious flaws that would be emphasized if not a member in good standing of this society.

#1487262 - 08/15/16 10:46 PM Re: Smelly's Secret Club that nobody else seems to know about [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: TwoTonCarmine
*Mutual Admiration Society
The members will never criticize each others despite obvious flaws that would be emphasized if not a member in good standing of this society.
Ohhhh, cooool! How do I apply for membership? Are there dues? A secret handshake? What about free parking on Thursdays?

And pie. There must be pie… but not rhubarb pie, or fuck it!

#1487268 - 08/15/16 11:04 PM Re: Smelly's Secret Club that nobody else seems to know about [Re: Mooseboy]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

No pie, no parking, no dues, no handshake, but lockstep required, and just turn posting music into a political event. It is that simple, we are dealing with the dim after all.
Get a job.

#1487272 - 08/15/16 11:18 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
Wish Administrator Online   content
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Smelly has become the VS Planet Social Justice Warrior (SJW).

There was a void that needed to be filled when Al left to go live in our basement.

#1487273 - 08/15/16 11:27 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

SJW...I like it.

#1487281 - 08/15/16 11:57 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Ismellelephant]
motown59 Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 238
Planeteer

there, you finally got a job! SJW

Edited by motown59 (08/16/16 12:00 AM)

#1487283 - 08/15/16 11:58 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Ismellelephant]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Get a job? I have several. How about you?

#1487286 - 08/16/16 12:00 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Mooseboy]
motown59 Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 238
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Mooseboy
Get a job? I have several. How about you?

that's his way of trying to rile you up. He's done that to me lately, along with his other widdle tries at insults.

Wow, that escalated. Must be more behind it than meets the eye in this thread.

yup. but not what twotonsmelliphant wants you to believe. When John H. took my backyard video and reposted it(after Al's attempted tirade of insults) , and even worse, when John complimented it, he was accused of lying...like he really didn't want to say the nice things because of the M.A.S. John was forced to take it upon himself to like some things about my video because what, then i'd owe him lying compliments about something of his? See how ridiculous that is..
Of course he's continuing to passive-aggressively insult it, and continues to do so. Talk about being a "widdle" baby.

If the MAS means being nice and finding things you like about someone else's work, then I'm definitely a member.

#1487293 - 08/16/16 12:22 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: motown59]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Good Lord, that's a puerile attitude that smelly is espousing. kel, you and I disagree on some things, and we agree on others. That's just the way of the world.

Jesus, smelly… are you in the fucking eighth grade? You are why we can't have nice things.

#1487310 - 08/16/16 01:50 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Mooseboy]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Good Lord, that's a puerile attitude that smelly is espousing. kel, you and I disagree on some things, and we agree on others. That's just the way of the world.

Jesus, smelly… are you in the fucking eighth grade? You are why we can't have nice things.

I say get a job to people that even have jobs.
The fish(mowtown)is using the remark to rile you up. The weak always need a gang, he is trying to recruit you, don't be stupid.
This is nothing more to this than I didn't froth over his video. He feels entitled to no critique because he is a MAS member. And he does need a job, he has too much time on his hands. I bet he practices facial expressions for his next backyard video. Who has time to do that?

Instead of getting a job..get this piece of BS
 Originally Posted By: motown59
If the MAS means being nice and finding things you like about someone else's work, then I'm definitely a member.

#1487311 - 08/16/16 01:54 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: motown59]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

yup. but not what twotonsmelliphant wants you to believe. When John H. took my backyard video and reposted it(after Al's attempted tirade of insults) , and even worse, when John complimented it, he was accused of lying...like he really didn't want to say the nice things because of the M.A.S. John was forced to take it upon himself to like some things about my video because what, then i'd owe him lying compliments about something of his? See how ridiculous that is..
Of course he's continuing to passive-aggressively insult it, and continues to do so. Talk about being a "widdle" baby.

What dimension are you living in? I have no idea what any of this means.
Here's a fun suggestion for you, why not start a thread about someone who is no longer here!!! Think of the fun, they can't respond, all the other gang mentality idiots can join you and you can forget...you need a job!

#1487316 - 08/16/16 02:40 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Ismellelephant]
Jazzooo Online   content
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico ...
You really sound fucked up, smelly.

#1487317 - 08/16/16 02:47 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Jazzooo]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Talk about a lack of self awareness. Go back read some of your posts here.
And get a job.

#1487324 - 08/16/16 04:29 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Ismellelephant]
Jazzooo Online   content
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico ...
In what posts do I sound fucked up, Bob? I mean it, something's just bad with you lately. So angry.

#1487338 - 08/16/16 11:46 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Jazzooo]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

Jazzooo, if you can slide your oily face out from Mowtowns asscheeks for a moment and look back at this thread, you will see it was about video software. Mowtown mentioned boring video.
I called his video boring, big deal, get over it. It is certainly a less nasty remark than I have see a few of you dump on others here. So I have two questions for you

1) Why can't I say Mowtowns video was boring.
2) How long does it take you to shave your back each morning?

#1487339 - 08/16/16 11:48 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Mooseboy]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

Puerile attitude? The way I see you have two options.

1) you should apologize to me
2) you should release your IM's to Skywave.

I prefer number two BTW>

#1487351 - 08/16/16 01:32 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Doug, I'd be glad to discuss video editing software with you and kel, but I'm bowing out of the smelly "all about me" aspect of this thread.

Go fuck yourself, smelly. I don't have to apologize to you for YOUR attitude, and Skywave's horrific PM to me doesn't need to be displayed because

1) It's a PM, as in PRIVATE MESSAGE
2) It's none of your fucking business

Consider yourself ignored, asshat.

#1487360 - 08/16/16 02:03 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Mooseboy]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

No actually the thread was all about video software but became about Mowtown and how he can't take someone calling his videos boring. Not sure why I can't call them boring, what's the big deal?. The guy makes a home movie and thinks he is Orson Wells.

1) you obviously are hiding your puerile behavior.
2) things not my business are always more interesting.

#1487395 - 08/16/16 05:10 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
motown59 Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 238
Planeteer

You're either misrepresenting, exaggerating, can't remember, or lying about quite a few details to put a condescending spin on things. But, since some of your ugly true colors have come out I think it best to leave this alone.

What's sad is that even though you've become adversarial, if you posted a song or video, I'd still find something good to say about it. You're the new Al indeed..

#1487396 - 08/16/16 05:15 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: motown59]
C Jo Go Online   content
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
Then there was video editing of the 80's .... low quality VHS on the first generation >> and the worst on the final bouncing around dual decks. BUT it was EASY ~!! Just push buttons No software to drive one crazy ... 3/4 tape to S VHS was the top ( sure was a lot to lug around )

#1487398 - 08/16/16 05:25 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: motown59]
TwoTonCarmine Offline
Planeteer

You're either misrepresenting, exaggerating, can't remember, or lying about quite a few details to put a condescending spin on things. But, since some of your ugly true colors have come out I think it best to leave this alone.

What's sad is that even though you've become adversarial, if you posted a song or video, I'd still find something good to say about it. You're the new Al indeed..

Nope not adversarial, not ugly true colors, or anything else to deflect from reflecting upon yourself. You are the spinner here, I just gave you what you dished out, using music reviews as a weapon, there is a small pile of you that do that here. Seems cruel since people are just trying to have fun with their hobby.
I actually didn't dislike your video at all, and the washing machine guy was funny.

#1487399 - 08/16/16 05:35 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: TwoTonCarmine]
motown59 Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 238
Planeteer

Confirmed.. it's a mix of: misrepresenting, exaggerating, can't remember, or lying

but I forgot denial..

#1487408 - 08/16/16 06:40 PM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: C Jo Go]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: C Jo Go*Crystal Studios*
Then there was video editing of the 80's .... low quality VHS on the first generation >> and the worst on the final bouncing around dual decks. BUT it was EASY ~!! Just push buttons No software to drive one crazy ... 3/4 tape to S VHS was the top ( sure was a lot to lug around )
That's where I started, C Jo!

Couldn't believe how much better/easier/faster nonlinear was once I got hold of it. And then tapeless workflows.

Now watch some ignorant bastid come along and say "how much better VHS looks", just like the doofs that think vinyl is superior to digital.

(oh Lord I just started a flame war, no doubt!)

#1487463 - 08/17/16 01:48 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Mooseboy]
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

That Smelly used to be such a nice young man.

Vietnam Nam really messed him up.

Such a shame.

#1487464 - 08/17/16 01:54 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

If I do nasty music reviews will you like me again?

#1487465 - 08/17/16 01:54 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

smelly needs pie to cheer him up. But not rhubarb!

#1487466 - 08/17/16 02:01 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
Hong Kong Phooey Offline
As You Were
Planeteer

Loc: Virginia

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey (08/17/16 02:28 AM)
Edit Reason: At first I thought what I said was funny.. Then I thought it wasn't and threw that shit out..

"Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that."

~Senator John McCain

#1487467 - 08/17/16 02:30 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Hong Kong Phooey]
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

It's all good.

Carry on.

#1487468 - 08/17/16 02:30 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

This is what we do.
#1487470 - 08/17/16 02:37 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
fabulousthunderbird Offline
Planeteer

How come Phooey gets to have a political sig pic in here?

I thought that was verboten?

I am fonts

#1487471 - 08/17/16 02:37 AM Re: Smelly - VS Planet Social Justice Warrior Extraordinaire [Re: Wish]
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

And have done, for approaching 2 decades.
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159824 Topics
1850327 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.