Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1613652 - 05/19/19 07:33 PM Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please
Doughboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Gaylord, MI
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Handheld-Massage-Roller/422019845

I was just trying out one of these in Wakmart. $6. It seems to work real nicely....., but it says can cause cancer and phuck up pregnancies.... Sooooo it’s a lead ball?

Damn, I carried this all the way thru the store and then decided that I really don’t want cancer, because it’s sucks. But damn, this felt good in my tendinitis

http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury

#1613656 - 05/19/19 07:52 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Doughboy]
Doughboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Evidently, it has something to do with everything from California.

#1613661 - 05/19/19 08:30 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Doughboy]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

Loc: The West Coast of Florida
Apparently one was fed to a cancer-test-rat by forcing it down the rats throat whole, and the rat died.
Since it was a cancer test rat that died, the product obviously causes cancer.
Your welcome.

#1613666 - 05/19/19 08:51 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: JazAddict]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

California was the first state to ban many of the cancer-causing chemicals in consumer products. It has been found, for example, that many of the flame retardants for in carpets and furniture were causing cancers and other diseases in children and pet animals.

Things like:
TDCPP (chlorinated Tris), removed from use in baby pajamas in 1978 and listed as a carcinogen by California in 2011

Firemaster 550, associated with obesity and anxiety in animal studies

Penta-BDE, (pentabrominated diphenyl ether) now globally banned due to toxicity and environmental persistence.

A lot of the stuff that Walmart sells was made in China where there are no environmental regulations and consumer goods regularly contain toxins, and toxins are dumped all over that land. There is a reason that Walmart does not tell you what is in the product. If the label tells you what chemicals are in the produce, I could tell you what harm it has been shown to cause.

Actually, the Green Science Policy Institute researches toxicity and carcinogenicity. Its work led to the banning of certain flame retardant chemicals that were giving children cancer and endocrine disorders (and leading to thyroid cancers in pet dogs and cats). And no, Snarky JazzAddict with his supposed Phd in biochemistry, the studies do not involve a single rat, but controlled and peer-reviewed research. (Congress even held hearings and found the science unassailable on PBDEs.)

The Green Science Policy Institute was founded by a remarkable woman, Arlene Blum, who in addition to being a leading biochemist, led the first women's mountaineering expedition to Annapurna. Her work has saved countless children from early cancer death, and led to the global ban on Penta-BDEs. But she remains unheralded because female. Note how cavalierly JazzAddict disses her lifetime of work to save lives. But I am honored to know her and support her work.

https://greensciencepolicy.org/topics/childrens-products/

https://greensciencepolicy.org/

#1613681 - 05/19/19 10:57 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: SkyWave]
Doughboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Okay .... but in this case. Its plastic. Sooooo, yeah the woman is right, but it would be easier to just put non warnings on the things that won’t cause cancer. Geeeezus.

And Snarky JazzAddict does make more sense, than Calidopia putting warnings on everyphuckingthing.

#1613682 - 05/19/19 11:07 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Doughboy]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

I bought a roast chicken at the supermarket and on the label was an ingredient that is said may cause cancer. I ate the chicken. I know only leisure suits cause cancer.

#1613693 - 05/20/19 12:18 AM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Ismellelephant]
Liquidirt Offline
Planet Dirtball
Planeteer

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
California considers perchloroethylene to be a carcinogen. Couldn't be further from the truth. It's all about the money and nothing to do with the health or welfare of the people.

#1613705 - 05/20/19 01:48 AM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Doughboy]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Doughboy
Okay .... but in this case. Its plastic. Sooooo, yeah the woman is right, but it would be easier to just put non warnings on the things that won’t cause cancer. Geeeezus.

And Snarky JazzAddict does make more sense, than Calidopia putting warnings on everyphuckingthing.

The manufacturers should just stop putting toxins into things. There are nontoxic ways to make things. Toys used to be made out of wood and metal and the food did not have half a dozen unpronounceable artificial non-food chemical ingredients.

It would be nice if US law required all toxic ingredients to be listed, that way one could tell exactly what the substance does. I know that a lot of people who die in fires die from the toxic smoke from furnishings, carpets, artificial stuff.

And no, JA does not make sense. That is not how scientific research or toxicity studies are done. In tox testing, they look for the LD-50, or what is the lethal dose that kills 50% . . . often rabbits and other small mammals are used for this horrid testing. Now the good news is that cannabis is extremely nontoxic. And beer, while intoxicating, you gotta drink a whole lot of it to get blood levels up to a lethal amount (BAC of .30 - .50

Go ahead and get the massager. Just don't let the kids or dog eat it.

#1613712 - 05/20/19 03:25 AM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: SkyWave]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

Loc: The West Coast of Florida
Snarky?
Huh, I was goin for wise ass.

#1613764 - 05/20/19 04:31 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Liquidirt]
Xenophile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Sacramento, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Liquidirt
California considers perchloroethylene to be a carcinogen. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I always trust LD when it comes to knowing about complicated stuff. Those "scientists" and "doctors" with their "Ph.Ds" and "MSs" are just a bunch of libtards. I drink dry-cleaning fluid all the time!
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/tetrachloro/default.html

#1613769 - 05/20/19 06:17 PM Re: Why is there a cancer warning on this? Opinions please [Re: Xenophile]
ulank Offline
Forum Person
Planeteer

Loc: Chicago, IL
I don’t know xeno, my dry cleaner folks are a Chinese couple both about 96 years old. No effect from chemicals as far as I can tell! \:D

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159741 Topics
1849560 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.