Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#1645384 - 02/24/20 03:58 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Jazzooo]
JazAddict Offline
Planeteer

Loc: The West Coast of Florida
 Originally Posted By: Jazzooo

I feel really good. Most of it is this new relationship, but some of it is time, you know? I’m just not as sad as I was and in fact I have to kind a reach around inside to find the sadness and disappointment right now.

Keep being aware of that, try not to let a waking moment be unaffected by that joy.
:😎 really glad for ya

#1645388 - 02/24/20 04:34 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: JazAddict]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Loc: New York

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection." — Leonardo da Vinci

#1645461 - 02/25/20 02:14 AM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Dot]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Doug, my lady is reading and following your story. She's riveted and can't wait for more installments. : )

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection." — Leonardo da Vinci

#1645470 - 02/25/20 04:16 AM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Dot]
Jazzooo Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico ...
Today was an outstanding step in the journey.

I picked her and her daughter up at breakfast and off we went to the most amazing folk art collection in Mexico, Galeria Atoetonilco. It is literally the #2 recommended attraction in San Miguel, and it was created and is run by two of my closest friends. It is overwhelming--I'll post some photos later.

The girls were blown away as I knew they would be and they got to meet two of my best friends--we sat and chatted and of course everyone fell in love with each other.

Then off to a lovely garden setting for lunch. Lots of giggling between mother and daughter \:\) We officially became boyfriend and girlfriend today, with her daughter officiating.

Great day.

#1645490 - 02/25/20 04:04 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Jazzooo]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

#1645542 - 02/25/20 11:40 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Dot]
Jazzooo Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Lol, Dot. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

#1645820 - 02/28/20 04:41 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Jazzooo]
Jazzooo Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

It is on. I am thrilled and grateful.

#1646715 - 03/05/20 02:02 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Jazzooo]
Marty Gilman Offline
Official Planet Sax Monster - Planeteer/Artist # 117
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Palm Beach, Florida- U S A
Update, Doug

-m

#1646730 - 03/05/20 03:42 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Marty Gilman]
Jazzooo Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

We are smitten to be sure. It is a joy ride, honestly. It's still so new, but so far she is the opposite of most of the women I've ever been with. I have always said that I like independent women, and I do but I've often felt like some of my partners were competitive with me, challenging little things that really didn't make a difference but disturbed the flow of energy in a conversation. I guess you'd call it nagging. ;\) But so far, Coco and I line up well in all of the big things and most of the small ones too. Even when we disagree, she makes an honest effort to understand what I'm saying and it's easy to do the same for her.

She is super honest. She thinks for a second and then says what she has to say in an articulate and kind way.

She really doesn't seem to have a mean streak, and in talking with her daughter that seems to be legit. Not that she doesn't get sad or frustrated pr pissed (not at me yet, anyway), but her daughter told me she's never seen her mom say something harsh just out of meanness. It's taking some time for me to get used to that--in my most recent relationships, things elevated to anger pretty quickly. I'm of course trying to be good, but I haven't changed completely so the difference must be her.

My self-esteem is on the rise again--simply put she is gorgeous and smart and unique and self-motivated, and the fact that she seems to be crazy about me kind of blows my mind. My closest friends who have met her are totally in love with her.

She has had some terrible chapters in her life, starting as a child. Her 23 year old daughter--who is also an exceptionally bright and honest human being--was 10 when mom got her life together and today they seem to have a really healthy relationship, best friends.

Coco attributes her fresh attitude about life to her brain surgery three years ago for a giant hematoma. She is unusually appreciative of visual and audio beauty. She said she wasn't always like that, but she sure is now. She pulls up a chair in the dark and listens while I'm composing, and then messages me about it the next day. It's almost 3 weeks now and we've spent a lot of time together, and I can't think of a single thing she's said to me that wasn't affirming and helpful, even when trying to work through a communication problem. It's humbling to be around her in that way.

She has some physical issues with arthritis and immune system stuff, and has been incredibly diligant with a local homeopaths to try to straighten it out, with some pretty good success, although she does get tired pretty easily. I started the same weird diet she's on yesterday just to support her--she's been eliminating certain things to see what has a negative effect on her, so as of now we're eating only white rice, avocado, lamb, salmon and something else I can't remember. No fruit or veggies for her right now.

She is the opposite of my last relationship in other ways as well--she is definitely a cuddler, which I love. Denise and I had a wonderful physical relationship, but cuddling wasn't her thing. When Coco and I sleep together some part of our bodies are always in contact, like young lovers.

I'm sure most people have thrown up in their mouths by now, sorry! I'm just really having fun. I think the bottom line for both of us is that we're both really happy and we know we have a shot at something great here.

Time will tell.

#1646731 - 03/05/20 03:45 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Jazzooo]
Jazzooo Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Oh, and the woman can paint too! I picked her up from one of her art classes--everyone in San Miguel seems to think they are artists--and she showed me a few of her things. Really good stuff! I'm actually thinking of abandoning my original plan for the cover art of my new CD and using something of hers.

#1646735 - 03/05/20 04:17 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Jazzooo]
Marty Gilman Offline
Official Planet Sax Monster - Planeteer/Artist # 117
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Palm Beach, Florida- U S A
Wonderful, sounds great. After reading your story, one phrase stayed in my mind and that’s something that works for me. I respect and admire Eileen so much that it brings out the best in me, unlike other relationships I have been in. I couldn’t ask for more for myself or you.

-m

#1647189 - 03/08/20 07:43 PM Re: Going to a Singles Cocktail Party Saturday Night [Re: Marty Gilman]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Sharon: I have been anxiously waiting for your mind blowing love story that proves what I already knew from our story that: Fairy tales are real.

I am so so happy for you both, and understand the joy you are feeling after some really tough years of mine that I won't go into now.

I have to hold back so much of the connection we seem to have in these relationships because I text so much to Dan all the time, and my heart kind of breaks with happiness every time with the miracle of us finding each other after perhaps lifetimes.

We are home in each other, and it just keeps getting better. I really don't give a fuck if anyone understands because I am too busy laughing, smiling, cuddling and living our life of a philosophy of fun all the time.

We deserve it and you guys do too!

Page 3 of 3 <123

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159885 Topics
1851071 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.