Page 2 of 21 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1651581 - 04/05/20 01:20 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Vanillagrits
 Originally Posted By: Funky Low End
TDS

It's on full display here......it is usually amusing.....other times, not so much.

What is always funny is that is all you Trump Cultists can offer...ha!

#1651582 - 04/05/20 02:13 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Dave Morris Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 75
Planeteer

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario
South Korea had their first reported infection on the exact same day as the US. They have, on a per capita basis, 4 times fewer deaths and infections than the US, and the US is still growing exponentially.
Why the difference ? South Korea immediately started large scale testing and tracking of infected individuals. They did not have a police state lockdown. They prevented it from spreading by use of technology , and by quarantining and testing only infected individuals and who they had contact with.
The US spent 6 weeks denying it was a problem, to the extent that it became too late to adopt that technique, even if the US had the testing capability - which they didn’t.
Even now, you are still in denial about the severity of this. Even now , you are still talking about a comparison to the flu.
Recent polls have shown that republicans are almost twice as likely as Democrats to think the virus is no big deal.

Why is that, I wonder ?
Could it be they are still taking their cue from trump and his media worshippers ?
At what number of deaths will you be convinced that this should have been acted on much sooner ? 100,00 ? 200,000 ?
Speculating what Hillary would have done is stupid. We will never know, We only know what trump has done - or didn’t do

#1651586 - 04/05/20 02:21 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Dave Morris]
Dave Morris Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 75
Planeteer

Btw, where did you get the 80,000 flu deaths last year from ?
Some blogger or Fox News ?
The CDC estimated last year deaths from flu last year was 35,000, spread over the year.
I realize CDC doesn’t have the same weight in your eyes as an opinion piece on Fox News, but it is their job to keep these figures.

#1651594 - 04/05/20 03:19 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Doofie Offline
Doofie
Planeteer

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Bill
I feel the same way towards everyone here

Then please don't ever support anything that Donald Trump is promoting. If you truly want to help your countryfolk and the people of the world them please do what you can to get Donald J. Trump out of the White House. That's the best thing you do for everyone.
-Seneca The Younger ~76AD

I'm David McMillan. My friends call me Chuck.

#1651596 - 04/05/20 03:25 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Doofie]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Oh oh I see a VS Planet Pandemic happening...it is the TDS Virus. Already Doofie and Fried Morris are infected. If nothing is done and this gets out of hand and the VS Planet doesn't act now..someone else will be to blame.

#1651600 - 04/05/20 03:30 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Doofie Offline
Doofie
Planeteer

Or maybe things will work out okay, and people will learn what it takes to get along in this world.

#1651606 - 04/05/20 03:51 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Doofie]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

I simply can't believe that it would occur to ANYONE to defend this guy. I won't be gaslighted. I can't be hypnotized. It's not a partisan ideological teamism issue. The guy is a walking talking narcissistic serial lying ego maniac shyster. To the extreme. There is no question about this. It is out in the open.

My god how did we get here?

#1651608 - 04/05/20 04:06 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Webster]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Webster

Depression.... a nation of depressed, unhappy people and someone else is responsible. So you go for the extreme, hoping for relief. But the extreme pans out no better than buying something you don't need or often can't afford, the depression still exists. And the extreme choice works exactly like the depressed purchase, it doesn't solve the problem and you are deeper in debt.

Any other questions? Who invent the wheel? Why men have nipples?

#1651609 - 04/05/20 04:12 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Webster]
Funky Low End Offline
Planeteer

Loc: across the creek from St. Loui...
I simply can't believe that it would occur to ANYONE to defend this guy. I won't be gaslighted. I can't be hypnotized. It's not a partisan ideological teamism issue. The guy is a walking talking narcissistic serial lying ego maniac shyster. To the extreme. There is no question about this. It is out in the open.

#1651610 - 04/05/20 04:35 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Funky Low End]
C Jo Go Online   content
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca

Edited by C Jo Go (04/05/20 04:35 AM)

#1651611 - 04/05/20 05:10 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Doofie]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Doofie

Then please don't ever support anything that Donald Trump is promoting.

Does that include fighting Covid 19?

You guys are so ate up with hate, we may never recover.

#1651613 - 04/05/20 05:51 AM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Yup we need to embrace and love needless deaths. I'm working on it, I'm up to thoughts and prayers. And I agree on the recover part, so that's something in common.

#1651620 - 04/05/20 01:37 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Doofie Offline
Doofie
Planeteer

It's not hate that causes me to oppose Donny. Actually it's love.

#1651627 - 04/05/20 02:13 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Doofie]
Liquidirt Offline
Planet Dirtball
Planeteer

Loc: Albuquerque, NM

Nancy Pelosi caring about Corona Virus Trump mentioned in his State of the Union. Not political, just facts.

#1651632 - 04/05/20 02:43 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Liquidirt]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Liquidirt

Nancy Pelosi caring about Corona Virus Trump mentioned in his State of the Union. Not political, just facts.

And this is what he said

"We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat."

Then why did he call it a hoax and cost people their lives? Or say this will disappear in April with the warm weather? Also costing people their lives.

BTW this is what Pelosi is tearing up

"Three years ago, we launched the great American comeback. Tonight, I stand before you to share the incredible results. Jobs are booming, incomes are soaring, poverty is plummeting, crime is falling, confidence is surging, and our country is thriving and highly respected again. (Applesauce.) America’s enemies are on the run, America’s fortunes are on the rise, and America’s future is blazing bright.
The years of economic decay are over."

What a visionary, lol. How's that smaller government fantasy working out for ya?

#1651636 - 04/05/20 03:08 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Ismellelephant

And this is what he said

"We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat."

Then why did he call it a hoax and cost people their lives? Or say this will disappear in April with the warm weather? Also costing people their lives.

BTW this is what Pelosi is tearing up

"Three years ago, we launched the great American comeback. Tonight, I stand before you to share the incredible results. Jobs are booming, incomes are soaring, poverty is plummeting, crime is falling, confidence is surging, and our country is thriving and highly respected again. (Applesauce.) America’s enemies are on the run, America’s fortunes are on the rise, and America’s future is blazing bright.
The years of economic decay are over."

What a visionary, lol. How's that smaller government fantasy working out for ya?

^^^^^^

Not political, Just facts.

#1651668 - 04/05/20 05:45 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Liquidirt]
jimmyrock Offline
Department Head of Redundancy Department Head
Planeteer

Loc: America's File Cabinet

This is a duck I am holding in my hands (holds a shoe)

#1651674 - 04/05/20 06:17 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: jimmyrock]
guitartb Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Over here
How long did China censor information on this? They had the opportunity to make the biggest impact. Yet no one mentions that.
#1651677 - 04/05/20 06:27 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: guitartb]
flatcat Administrator Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Westborough, MA, USA
They are continuing to censor information about it. It is true that what they revealed to the world had pretty dire consequences - particularly in Italy. But it sounds like the intelligence community knew that and was trying to tell the White House, but the White House wasn't listening.

The coronavirus isn't anyone's fault. I'm not saying it is, and neither is the Post. But our response to it was dilatory and inadequate, and continues to be so. And because of that, a lot of people are going to die who might not have otherwise. And that is a failure of leadership.

Professor Truth T. Sweetness says,"Mind your manners!"

#1651686 - 04/05/20 06:53 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: guitartb]
Dave Morris Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 75
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: guitartb
How long did China censor information on this? They had the opportunity to make the biggest impact. Yet no one mentions that.

Actually Trump did. You remember that ?
He said China was doing a great job, and China had it under control. This, at the same time as his experts were trying to tell him they weren’t, and didn’t.

#1651687 - 04/05/20 06:56 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: flatcat]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Tom I admire your faith in your fellow humans and relentlessness in trying to share information. I try with people I know and care about personally and it doesn't make a dent. They just don't want to hear it and it is why such talk needed it's own section here, so people just don't have to hear it.
This would be all fine and dandy except those who don't want to hear vote, so I go down with their misinformed choices.
It comes down to this, the one who spins and lies best, wins!

#1651689 - 04/05/20 06:57 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Dave Morris]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Dave Morris
 Originally Posted By: guitartb

Actually Trump did. You remember that ?
He said China was doing a great job, and China had it under control. This, at the same time as his experts were trying to tell him they weren’t, and didn’t.

This is true, does anyone think this is false?

#1651691 - 04/05/20 07:03 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

For those that think this is partisan unfairness: Clear your mind... and think back a few years... and just imagine if this was the Obama Admin. - under these exact same circumstances.

Am I to believe that the unbridled VICIOUSNESS aimed at his administration back then would be idle today? Understanding? Sympathetic?

#1651693 - 04/05/20 07:04 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

On Thursday, the New York Times made a big fuss over the fact that more than 81,321 Americans have been infected with the coronavirus, which is "more cases than China, Italy or any other country has seen."

According to their report, the United States, following "a series of missteps," is now "the epicenter of the pandemic."

But, is it really?

China's confirmed cases topped out at around 80,000, but, as PJM's Victoria Taft noted, China reportedly stopped conducting tests in order to show the world they've contained the spread of the virus. So, comparing any country to China at this point is useless.

Here are the top six countries by confirmed cases (based on the case numbers from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University as of 2:30 pm ET March 27) in descending order:

USA (94,238)
Italy (86,498)
Spain (64,059)
Germany (49,344)
Iran (32,332)
France (29,593)
Now, here are the top six countries by confirmed cases per million people (based on population numbers from the CIA World Fact Book) in descending order:

Italy (1386.13)
Spain (1280.78)
Germany (615.57)
France (436.17)
Iran (380.72)
USA (283.30)
Well, isn't that interesting? The United States' confirmed cases per capita are the lowest of the top six countries affected by the virus. Now, there are some who would argue that the United States testing lags behind that of other countries. If we want to assume that there is a discrepancy in testing between countries and that selection bias in testing undercounts the infection rate, then the number of coronavirus deaths is a more accurate way of measuring the impact of the pandemic in each country. So, let's look at total confirmed deaths in descending order.

Italy (9,134)
Spain (4,934)
Iran (2,378)
France (1,698)
USA (1,438)
Germany (304)
Germany looks pretty good compared to everyone else, doesn't it? But, let's look at confirmed deaths per million people in descending order, to see how that changes things:

Italy (146.37)
Spain (98.65)
Iran (28.00)
France (25.03)
USA (4.32)
Germany (3.79)
Interesting indeed! Germany and the United States have significantly better coronavirus death rates per capita than Italy, Spain, Iran and France. A lot better. This is why the media avoids per capita measurements for confirmed cases, but conveniently remembered when it wanted to fact-check Trump's testing numbers.

The media wants you to believe that the coronavirus in the United States is spiraling out of control the way it did in Italy. Fact check: it isn't.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-the-me...CX0U1YmC28ASSiA

#1651694 - 04/05/20 07:06 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Webster]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

For those that think this is a partisan unfairness: Clear your mind... and think back a few years... and just imagine if this was the Obama Admin. - under these exact same circumstances.

Am I to believe that the unbridled VICIOUSNESS aimed at his administration back then would be idle today?

The media would have given Obama a thorough ass kissing....always did, always will.

#1651695 - 04/05/20 07:13 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

I didn't say anything about the media. That was not my question at all.
#1651696 - 04/05/20 07:14 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Dave Morris Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 75
Planeteer

Have you seen the graphs where the US is tracking Italy, but 2 weeks behind ?
The US testing rate is still abysmal compared to other countries.
It isn’t the media saying this, it is the medical leaders in the US are saying it.
Even Trump is now saying that deaths could be 200,000 plus.
Do you seriously believe that this virus is the same as the flu , and it will be over soon ?

#1651697 - 04/05/20 07:15 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

According to their report, the United States, following "a series of missteps," is now "the epicenter of the pandemic."

But, is it really?

USA (94,238)

That was 9 days ago. We'll hit approx 350,000 (known) cases later today. Cases have more than quadrupled in a little over a week.

Quote:
Matt Margolis is the author of Trumping Obama: How President Trump Saved Us From Barack Obama’s Legacy and the bestselling book The Worst President in History: The Legacy of Barack Obama

\:D

#1651699 - 04/05/20 07:20 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Webster]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

NYT: U.S. death toll understated
#1651702 - 04/05/20 07:24 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Webster]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

I'm still trying to figure where 80.000 deaths a year from the influenza came from?
Whatever the figure the death tolls from this are going to be greater and that is with most people in quarantine situations. The toll would be through the roof if it was handled like a yearly influenza. So the the saying of "its just a flu", is hazardous to your health information, aka Fake News.

#1651703 - 04/05/20 07:28 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

When the dust of the corpses settle, we will find per capita cases greater in the states that lost precious time by believing the hoax information.

#1651704 - 04/05/20 07:32 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Ismellelephant]
gonzo Offline
purveyor of noise
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: SL.UT
U.S. 'wasted' months before preparing for virus pandemic

The first alarms sounded in early January that the outbreak of a novel coronavirus in China would ignite a global pandemic

the Trump administration squandered nearly two months that could have been used to bolster the federal stockpile of critically needed medical supplies and equipment.

federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/...e_headlines_hed

#1651706 - 04/05/20 07:38 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Webster]
Dave Morris Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 75
Planeteer

But, is it really?

USA (94,238)

That was 9 days ago. We'll hit approx 350,000 (known) cases later today. Cases have more than quadrupled in a little over a week.

Quote:
Matt Margolis is the author of Trumping Obama: How President Trump Saved Us From Barack Obama’s Legacy and the bestselling book The Worst President in History: The Legacy of Barack Obama

\:D

Jesus, Vanillagrits, if you are going to post articles to “prove” this is no big deal, try and find something recent. Do you understand what exponential growth means ?
You should look it up

#1651710 - 04/05/20 07:51 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Dave Morris]
BmC Offline
I am just here to ridicule Al the loser.
Planeteer

Loc: Bear River, Nova Scotia, Canad...
Some facts and timelines in regards to the claims that China covered up their outbreak.

#1651719 - 04/05/20 08:50 PM Re: Coronavirus: how we got to where we are [Re: Vanillagrits]
Ismellelephant Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

For those that think this is a partisan unfairness: Clear your mind... and think back a few years... and just imagine if this was the Obama Admin. - under these exact same circumstances.

Am I to believe that the unbridled VICIOUSNESS aimed at his administration back then would be idle today?

The media would have given Obama a thorough ass kissing....always did, always will.

You can make this argument but it requires dismissing that there plenty of media sources that kiss Drumpf's ass.
The media is a business, they are first and foremost going to give it's viewers what they want to hear, it is how they make their profits.
And then there are times when the entire media is on one page, like during BabyBush's desires for retaliation and war for 9/11. That coverage was almost completely free of any questioning of the narrative coming from the White House.
And Hollywood, actors should shut their mouths is heard often but during WW2 Hollywood was like a propaganda machine for the government, right or wrong.
And Blacklisting, Tim Allen and Dennis Miller, etc. whine about their conservatives views hurting their work, but that is nothing compared to the Blacklisting in the pass where those who didn't lock step to the establishment were essentially ruined.
And the best for last, the 2016 media coverage of Drumpf helped him. He got free entire media coverage few of the other candidates received just by saying outrageous things. Weighing the plus and minus of the coverage, it benefited Drumpf.

Page 2 of 21 <12345>Last »

Hop to:
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible) and 56 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
fabulousthunderbird
RGR
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
String Jammer
Xenophile
Dave Morris
T57Strat
slotz
GAMBLE
Jammer
Liquidirt
SteveW
JazAddict
motown59
GAWZDigitalUnderground
Geo
Hano
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
160066 Topics
1853815 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.