#1832447 - 01/31/23 12:00 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

I'll take the Cheapgles over the KC Cheats any day

#1832450 - 01/31/23 12:24 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Loc: 3rd Stone From The Sun

I'll have to ask my source who the Philly mob is picking. I'll wait until close to game day. ;\)

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1832466 - 01/31/23 01:44 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Walmartville
I had an odd feeling waiting for the Birds game on Sunday. I was reminded of other games where both teams were really good, these in particular back in the 80s when the Niners and Cowboys were always playing in championship games. And after watching the Chiefs/Bengals I had a similar feeling that I had then, that the NFC teams are way better overall squads. Back then the NFC would win pretty much every Superbowl by 30 or 40 points. That could actually happen in this case but I think this upcoming one will be very high scoring. Mahomes is unstoppable and the Birds will have AJ Brown and Devonta Smith going wild.

#1832468 - 01/31/23 01:53 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kansas City
 Originally Posted By: Adam Warlock
I'll take the Cheapgles over the KC Cheats any day
lol.....the refs called a horrible game and that makes the Chiefs cheaters?

Me thinks someone is just upset because there team got knocked out......again......

My name is Thad Scott

http://www.infinitymobilerecording.com

MAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOMES!!!!!!!!

#1832469 - 01/31/23 02:06 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

I stopped watching the game close at about 1/2 way into the second quarter. The pace was just too slow. I was hoping for a high paced offense, by the Bengals especially.

Anyway, a Bengals vs Eagles game woulda been a much funner Super Bowl to watch.

#1832477 - 01/31/23 03:30 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Anyway, a Bengals vs Eagles game woulda been a much funner Super Bowl to watch.
lol.......not for me

Better luck next year Adam!

My name is Thad Scott

#1832481 - 01/31/23 03:55 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

I disagree too, the Chiefs are like the best team to watch.

#1832482 - 01/31/23 03:57 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: AL]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

Bengals have a faster offense. Burrow is the fastest QB in the NFL today. Hurts moves at a snail's pace in comparison.
#1832497 - 01/31/23 08:04 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Really?

Joe Burrow has a 4.76 40 yard dash time.
Jalen Hurts has a 4.59 40 yard dash time.
Justin Fields has a 4.46 40 yard dash time.
Michael Vick had a 4.33 40 yard dash time, the fastest of any QB in NFL history (nobody ever caught Vick from behind).

Hurts is much faster than Burrow and Fields is WAY faster.

Hurts is also the best power running QB in the league, maybe ever. Nobody can get 1-3 yards on 4th down like him.

Hurts rushed for 13 TDs this season, tied for SECOND in the LEAGUE, including RBs (and in 1-2 less games). FWIW, Burrow had 5 (still very good for a QB). Also, Cam Newton holds the record for rushing TDs by a QB at 14. Hurts would have easily broke that record if not for getting injured (but it is what it is).

Obviously, you didn't watch Hurts much this season!

Also, the Eagles had the fastest striking offense in the NFL this season. Nobody jumped on opponents like they did, often able to basically take the second half of games off (which I hated, lol).

They also were the most ballsy team in the league going for it on 4th downs. The first game against the Giants, they were up 14-0 and went for it on 4th and 8, getting a touchdown and ripping out the Giants' hearts in doing so. That was the Eagles this season.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1832500 - 01/31/23 08:15 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

Burrow gets rid of the ball at an average under 2.5 seconds. That's what I was talking about.
#1832505 - 01/31/23 08:42 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Oh, sorry. Yep, quick release, like all of the greatest QBs

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1832507 - 01/31/23 10:56 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: AL]
jimmyrock Offline
Department Head of Redundancy Department Head
Planeteer

Loc: America's File Cabinet
 Originally Posted By: Al
I disagree too, the Chiefs are like the best team to watch.

yeah i think so as well...mahomes is magic....

#1832559 - 01/31/23 07:48 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: jimmyrock]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

The "K-Gun"
#1832598 - 01/31/23 10:43 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

KC is a 12 point favorite \:o
#1832601 - 02/01/23 12:28 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

All joking aside......I think Mahomes likes it when Vegas thinks he is going to lose.......so with the real opening line being Eagles -1.5 he has them right where he wants them

My name is Thad Scott

#1832605 - 02/01/23 01:04 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Infinitymobile

All joking aside......I think Mahomes likes it when Vegas thinks he is going to lose.......so with the real opening line being Eagles -1.5 he has them right where he wants them

I tend to agree that the guy seems to feed off of adversarial doubt - that makes him particularly dangerous because he's so skilled. I've come to really like the guy - he is a top tier competitor.

Go Chiefs! I hope they grind those fuckers into pixie dust.

#1832610 - 02/01/23 01:59 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Webster]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

Mahomes? Isn't he the guy in the State Farm commercials?

#1832611 - 02/01/23 02:12 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Vanillagrits]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

Eagles are gonna win the Super Bowl
#1832613 - 02/01/23 02:18 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Webster]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Webster
I've come to really like the guy - he is a top tier competitor.
From all local accounts that I am aware of, he also appears to be the wholesome, top notch person off of the field that he appears to be on the field and in post game interviews. He seems to be all about the team and other people, very selfless.

My name is Thad Scott

#1832615 - 02/01/23 02:24 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

I think this would humble any QB
#1832616 - 02/01/23 02:59 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Webster]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

You poor Chiefs wishful thinkers. The Eagles are too deep and completely healthy. They're gonna come in unrelenting waves, on both sides of the ball.

The big bad 49ers were supposed to grind the Eagles down with their mean, mean defense, but instead the Eagles handled them up front with zero problems and ground them down, even though the 49ers D was playing like a team possessed.

Take away the Eagles passing, they'll run it down your throat. Take away their running game, they'll strike fast, get up by 2 or 3 TDs, then run it down your throat.

The Eagles were 3rd in total offense and 3rd in scoring. That's with having large 1st half leads in about half of their games and taking their foot off of the gas in second half of those games.

The Eagles had 2 receivers over 1000 yds, and TE Goedert would have been a 3rd (700 yds) but he only played 12 games. The Chiefs had 1. Oh, we also had a RB rush for over 1000 yds, the Chiefs had none. In fact, our QB ran for almost as many yards as your #1 RB, in 2 less games. Oh, our QB RAN for more TDs (13) than ANYONE on the Chiefs scored, by run or pass (Kelce at 12).

The Chiefs had a better passing game, but were 20th in the run game. That's the bottom 3rd in the league. Their problem is that the Eagles had the best defense against the pass. They had had 70 sacks, 15 more than the next team, and 4 players with 11+ sacks, including 3 D lineman, the first time in NFL history (the Chiefs had 1). Know what that means? it means they didn't have to blitz their DBs and were able to have more men consistently in coverage. Again, that was with taking their foot off of the gas in many games and playing a soft zone....and they can go 7 deep on their D line. LB Hassan Reddick had 16 sacks, second behind only the excellent DE Nick Bosa of SF, who just happened to be handled by the slightly hobbled All Pro RT Lane Johnson of the Eagles last Sunday (who won't be slightly hobbled in the SB).

Oh yeah, besides those 70 sacks, the Eagles were 4th in takeaways, the Chiefs 22nd. Yeah, we're gonna get you and/or the ball, one way or another.

Sure, the Chiefs have the most high powered passing game in the NFL, and the best overall offense....but only 1.1 points better per game than the Eagles. That's right, one.one points (without our star QB for 2 games)....and we're much better running the ball, IOW, more balanced and able to win in more ways (we go 3 deep at RB, PLUS Hurts). Again, that's with taking the foot off of the gas in so many 2nd halfs, and Hurts out for two games.

Most importantly, the Chiefs vaunted offense hardly sliced up the Bengals. In fact, the Chiefs barely won, only by a FG with 27 seconds left in the game....at home. Know why? The Bengals, even though their defense was just middle of the pack, are a tough, gritty team. Know who has a much better defense and is even tougher and grittier? That's right, the Eagles. The Chiefs haven't faced a defense like ours this year.

Scared yet, Chiefs fans? You should be....

....I LOVE Mahomes, truly do....but this isn't going to be his year...

42-24 Eagles.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1832618 - 02/01/23 03:37 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

I just hope the ball moves. I do see the Eagles winning. But, Mahomes isn't gonna make it easy.
#1832619 - 02/01/23 03:55 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

No he won't. He's not likely to match Brady in SB wins, or play long enough to catch him in passing yards, but I honestly believe Mahomes is the best, most talented QB in the history of the NFL.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1832620 - 02/01/23 04:36 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

We'll see...
#1832621 - 02/01/23 04:45 AM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
Walrus44 Offline
Artist # 74
Planeteer

Loc: Inner Space
Toss up, but, I like the Eagles to win 31-28

Drop out, tune in, and turn on VSPR.
It's a Mind Altering Experience!

#1832631 - 02/01/23 12:33 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Walrus44]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

not ready to make my final pick yet,

Sean Payton is now head coach of the Broncos and Demeco Ryans of the Texans.

#1832643 - 02/01/23 02:03 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: AL]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

and Brady just announced his retirement on the same day as he announced his last retirement.

#1832648 - 02/01/23 02:29 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: MadGuitrst
You poor Chiefs wishful thinkers. The Eagles are too deep and completely healthy. They're gonna come in unrelenting waves, on both sides of the ball.

The big bad 49ers were supposed to grind the Eagles down with their mean, mean defense, but instead the Eagles handled them up front with zero problems and ground them down, even though the 49ers D was playing like a team possessed.

Take away the Eagles passing, they'll run it down your throat. Take away their running game, they'll strike fast, get up by 2 or 3 TDs, then run it down your throat.

The Eagles were 3rd in total offense and 3rd in scoring. That's with having large 1st half leads in about half of their games and taking their foot off of the gas in second half of those games.

The Eagles had 2 receivers over 1000 yds, and TE Goedert would have been a 3rd (700 yds) but he only played 12 games. The Chiefs had 1. Oh, we also had a RB rush for over 1000 yds, the Chiefs had none. In fact, our QB ran for almost as many yards as your #1 RB, in 2 less games. Oh, our QB RAN for more TDs (13) than ANYONE on the Chiefs scored, by run or pass (Kelce at 12).

The Chiefs had a better passing game, but were 20th in the run game. That's the bottom 3rd in the league. Their problem is that the Eagles had the best defense against the pass. They had had 70 sacks, 15 more than the next team, and 4 players with 11+ sacks, including 3 D lineman, the first time in NFL history (the Chiefs had 1). Know what that means? it means they didn't have to blitz their DBs and were able to have more men consistently in coverage. Again, that was with taking their foot off of the gas in many games and playing a soft zone....and they can go 7 deep on their D line. LB Hassan Reddick had 16 sacks, second behind only the excellent DE Nick Bosa of SF, who just happened to be handled by the slightly hobbled All Pro RT Lane Johnson of the Eagles last Sunday (who won't be slightly hobbled in the SB).

Oh yeah, besides those 70 sacks, the Eagles were 4th in takeaways, the Chiefs 22nd. Yeah, we're gonna get you and/or the ball, one way or another.

Sure, the Chiefs have the most high powered passing game in the NFL, and the best overall offense....but only 1.1 points better per game than the Eagles. That's right, one.one points (without our star QB for 2 games)....and we're much better running the ball, IOW, more balanced and able to win in more ways (we go 3 deep at RB, PLUS Hurts). Again, that's with taking the foot off of the gas in so many 2nd halfs, and Hurts out for two games.

Most importantly, the Chiefs vaunted offense hardly sliced up the Bengals. In fact, the Chiefs barely won, only by a FG with 27 seconds left in the game....at home. Know why? The Bengals, even though their defense was just middle of the pack, are a tough, gritty team. Know who has a much better defense and is even tougher and grittier? That's right, the Eagles. The Chiefs haven't faced a defense like ours this year.

Scared yet, Chiefs fans? You should be....

....I LOVE Mahomes, truly do....but this isn't going to be his year...

42-24 Eagles.
There's a lot to unpack there..... so I will just say.....for your stats to matter....you must consider 'strength of schedule'..... https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

Eagles have 2 1,000+ yard receivers and a QB who threw for 3,701 yds......we have no less than 8 or 9 people a game catching the ball and a QB who threw for 5,250 yds. Mahomes threw for almost twice as many TD's as Hurst.....if you add up all TD's by QB....Hurst had 35 and Mahomes had 45. Oh yeah, did I mention that the Eagles had the 2nd easiest schedule while the Chiefs had by far the most difficult? The Chiefs were expected to be 3rd or 4th in the AFC West......the other teams in the division spent around a billion $'s combined to try to compete with the Chiefs.....and look how that turned out!

As for us 'barely beating the Bengals'.....sure...Mahomes played on one leg for half of the game and by half time....we had lost all but one of our top 4 receivers and Mahomes was able to some how get it done with receivers he had practically never played with! In fact I read yesterday that one of the last receivers we had (Kemp I believe) had more tackles in his NFL career than he had receptions......and that is who Mahomes used to beat the mighty Bengals.....

Personally, I expect it to be an amazing game that will likely come down to the last play. I think Mahomes and Hurst are 2 of the best in the game right now and they should put on quite a show! I can hardly wait......

My name is Thad Scott

#1832649 - 02/01/23 02:34 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Hey IM...I just wanted to throw some crap out there to get you riled up. \:D

It should be a great game, and I think Walrus is right....it's pretty much a toss up.
I think the two best teams really did make it this year.

Best of luck, my friend....may the team who gets one more turnover than the other win!

P.S. I will always have much love for Andy Reid, and as you know, think SUPER highly of Mahomes, on and off the field, and have much respect for the Chiefs, who are a great franchise. Here's hoping Mahomes is and stays 100% healthy for the game, and we both play our best.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#1832650 - 02/01/23 02:59 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
AL Offline
the last rock hope
Loquacious Planeteer

'Wanted to remind that Hurts also has run for 15 TDs this year.

#1832652 - 02/01/23 03:07 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: AL]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

I think that number is 13?

https://www.google.com/search?q=jalen+hu...sclient=gws-wiz

He had 13 ruching and 22 passing for a total of 35
https://www.google.com/search?q=jalen+hu...nt=gws-wiz-serp

My name is Thad Scott

#1832653 - 02/01/23 03:09 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: MadGuitrst]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: MadGuitrst
Hey IM...I just wanted to throw some crap out there to get you riled up. \:D

It should be a great game, and I think Walrus is right....it's pretty much a toss up.
I think the two best teams really did make it this year.

Best of luck, my friend....may the team who gets one more turnover than the other win!

P.S. I will always have much love for Andy Reid, and as you know, think SUPER highly of Mahomes, on and off the field, and have much respect for the Chiefs, who are a great franchise. Here's hoping Mahomes is and stays 100% healthy for the game, and we both play our best.
lol....Best of luck to you and all the Eagles fans every where! And no matter how the game shakes down.....a Kelce will be a Superbowl Champion!!!!

My name is Thad Scott

#1832659 - 02/01/23 04:14 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Infinitymobile]
Adam Warlock Offline
Planeteer

He had 13 ruching and 22 passing for a total of 35

I think he's including the 2 rushing TDs he has in the post season.

https://youtube.com/shorts/hDNwyVtzeLM?feature=share

#1832660 - 02/01/23 04:33 PM Re: It's Game Day [Re: Adam Warlock]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

He had 13 rushing and 22 passing for a total of 35

I think he's including the 2 rushing TDs he has in the post season.
Gotcha.....if that is how we are counting....Mahomes has 49 total and Hurts has 39 total.

ps
that video you posted was HILARIOUS!!!!

Edited by Infinitymobile (02/01/23 04:39 PM)

My name is Thad Scott

Page 27 of 58 « First<2526272829>Last »

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159757 Topics
1849646 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.057 seconds in which 0.042 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.