Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#647075 - 01/31/07 11:32 PM CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS....
virtualan Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Sauchie, Scotland, UK
Who were born in the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking .

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun.

We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms...........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents .

We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

...and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

My Website : My YouTube Channel : Facebook : SoundCloud

#647076 - 01/31/07 11:35 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS....
Slipkid Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Cleveland
Believe or not - just last Sunday during a very pretty snowfall I was hiking around in the woods I used to visit as a kid. I was remembering that I could be in these miles and miles of park ALL DAY and no one would worry.

I can remember "exploring" the woods and ravines alone as early as age 10. I think before that I stayed fairly close to home playing kick the can etc...

#647077 - 01/31/07 11:40 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS....
triple Offline
Planeteer

Loc: nowhere
funny thing though, it's these people who grew up in the 50, 60, 70 who are now allowing there kids to sit around like lumps of shit in front of 1000 channels of cable, internet access, and video game systems that cost close to 500 bucks, bringing home some fast food to feed there fat asses and then go pushing law suits on schools because little johnny did something bad...
so, i don't think congrats is the right word...

#647078 - 01/31/07 11:45 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS....
String Jammer Offline
Hall Of Fame Fiddler
Planeteer

Loc: Northeastern US
:thumb: Sho nuff! :thumb:

My Sound Cloud Page

#647079 - 02/01/07 12:52 AM Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS....
glensimonds Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN
That is the damn truth thanks for the memories \:\)

VS PLANET RADIO

#647080 - 02/01/07 01:29 AM Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS....
Slipkid Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Cleveland
 Quote:
Originally posted by triple:
funny thing though, it's these people who grew up in the 50, 60, 70 who are now allowing there kids to sit around like lumps of shit in front of 1000 channels of cable, internet access, and video game systems that cost close to 500 bucks, bringing home some fast food to feed there fat asses and then go pushing law suits on schools because little johnny did something bad...
so, i don't think congrats is the right word...
Kids don't sit around at my house that's for sure.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159832 Topics
1850397 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.032 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.