Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#647971 - 01/10/08 04:15 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
Hook Administrator Offline
Admin / Slacker
Planeteer

Loc: Venice, FL
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

There is a new stylesheet available that mimics the old VS-Planet 'classic' style. Go to 'My Stuff', then 'My Preferences' - the new style is called 'Classic-Planet'.

#647977 - 01/10/08 04:23 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
Brianonymous Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 99
Planeteer

Loc: Laptop
I like it!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur
-=( bOing! - http://www.CollabNation.net -=- http://www.BabiesOnBoard.net -=- http://www.BosworksAudio.com )=-

#647978 - 01/10/08 04:31 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
Doofie Offline
Doofie
Planeteer

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hook I tried to log in using my User Name and password but I kept getting a message telling me my password didn't match me User Name. I got a temporary password to work after three tries. Is there something I need to change with the way I log in?Thanks for all the work getting this new look up and running. It'll take some getting used to, but this is the Planet, we find ways to make things work.

Cheers, Doof
-Seneca The Younger ~76AD

I'm David McMillan. My friends call me Chuck.

#647982 - 01/10/08 04:34 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Doofie]
Admin / Slacker
Planeteer

Doof, make sure you are entering the password properly in terms of case (uppercase vs. lowercase). The old board didn't care, but this one is case-sensitive for the password.

#647994 - 01/10/08 05:13 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

Now that I've turned off the right side and set it up for the classic style. I'm feelin' like I'm back home.

One major upgrade in my opinion is that I can now send myself private messages. I HATED not being able to tell myself secrets on the old board.

GOOD WORK HOOK!!!!

#648011 - 01/10/08 06:46 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Jammer]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Loc: New York
 Originally Posted By: Jammer
Now that I've turned off the right side and set it up for the classic style. I'm feelin' like I'm back home.

I hated it when I first got here a few minutes ago. But after tweaking along the lines of what Jammer mentioned - I agree. I like the option to have the usernames on top. From my POV the place looks great.

Edited by Dot (01/10/08 06:48 AM)

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection." — Leonardo da Vinci

#648012 - 01/10/08 06:51 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Dot]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Ah! I did one little edit and there's an ugly "Edited by Dot ( 4 seconds ago)". Ya' gotta give a bigger edit window time. Used to be 10 minutes. Why not make it 30 minutes? Why have it at all. Gearslutz, Studio Forums, and a lot of other forums on the web allow for editing at anytime without putting that unsightly, cluttery edit stamp in the post.

Anyway, nice job, VS folks!

Edited by Dot (01/10/08 06:51 AM)

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection." — Leonardo da Vinci

#648013 - 01/10/08 06:53 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Dot]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Yikes! I edited that last post 10 seconds later. And got...

THE EDIT STAMP.

#648014 - 01/10/08 07:11 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Dot]
FunkyBeat Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Dot,

If you uncheck the box, "Mark as Edited" when you make your edits, then you won't have the edit stamp on your post.

I like the fact that this board gives you the option to have the edit stamp or not have it.

#648052 - 01/10/08 12:26 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: FunkyBeat]
Doughboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Gaylord, MI
Ya know what I dislike the most.......having the original post be there at every reply....enstead of a thread reading like an ongoing story now....it all reads like 1 inidiviual reply after the next....and....it's one more thing that clutters the shit out of an already way to freakin' busy look......and all of the new gremlins are stupid lookin'. I realize you guys are tryin' to save cash and stuff...so I can't fault you there, and I appreciate all the time you put into this place...if it's the best you can do, then hokay....as far as those gremlins goooo....I'd just soon you delete off the whole bunch of those new little fuckers and put back just the originals.

P.S. ..... sorry in advance!

http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury

#648074 - 01/10/08 01:59 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: FunkyBeat]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: FunkyBeat
Dot,

If you uncheck the box, "Mark as Edited" when you make your edits, then you won't have the edit stamp on your post.

That's sweet. Thanks for the tip, Funky!

#648075 - 01/10/08 02:00 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Dot]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Oops. Gotta click that box every edit. : )

#648076 - 01/10/08 02:02 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Dot]
Dot Offline
Planeteer

Actually, if you've accidentally put the edit stamp in - you can go back and unclick the "mark as edited" box, and it'll take it off. Extra sweet. Me likes.

#648096 - 01/10/08 03:11 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Dot]
Timster Offline
Artist #'s - 130, 298, 412
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Center of the Universe
I went back to the classic planet preferences, and I like it much better.

https://soundcloud.com/tim-jensrud/tracks

#648099 - 01/10/08 03:14 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Timster]
Grankspoine Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Darent Valley, SE England
 Originally Posted By: Timster
I went back to the classic planet preferences, and I like it much better.

Me, too. Less cluttered, greater contrast and clarity.

#648300 - 01/10/08 10:34 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Grankspoine]
Herr Doktor Offline
Planeteer

I like the classic, too, Even though the purple color isn't as pretty as it once was. And now I can see my cursor again! Thank you, Hook!

1. Is there a preferences setting for me to get rid of the underlines?
2. Is there a setting for me to get rid of the right-hand column? I mean, who really needs to know that the last person posted 3 hours and 12 minutes ago? Clutter!

#648304 - 01/10/08 10:37 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Herr Doktor]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

Thanks very much for the "Classic" option.

I don't adjust well to change. My doctor can now back off on the meds.

#648305 - 01/10/08 10:38 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Blue Roots]
Blue Roots Offline
Planeteer

Come to think of it... thanks for everything in general!!
#648308 - 01/10/08 10:41 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Blue Roots]
virtualan Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Sauchie, Scotland, UK
Thanks again Hook
One little thing - my artist status is not indicated in the user list #236?

I paid!

Honest I did.

Any clues?

My Website : My YouTube Channel : Facebook : SoundCloud

#648330 - 01/10/08 11:20 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: virtualan]
Doughboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Gaylord, MI
Wahoooo....thanks for "Classic"...it's just like the good old days of the Planet....which would be like three days ago I guess.

http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury

#648341 - 01/10/08 11:36 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: virtualan]
Admin / Slacker
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Herr Doktor
I like the classic, too, Even though the purple color isn't as pretty as it once was. And now I can see my cursor again! Thank you, Hook!

1. Is there a preferences setting for me to get rid of the underlines?
2. Is there a setting for me to get rid of the right-hand column? I mean, who really needs to know that the last person posted 3 hours and 12 minutes ago? Clutter!

Uh, well, no and no. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: virtualan
Thanks again Hook
One little thing - my artist status is not indicated in the user list #236?

I paid!

Honest I did.

Any clues?

Yes, this new version has some issues with the custom titles. It's on the list of things to fix. ;\)

#648407 - 01/11/08 02:10 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
ShedHack Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Lake Serene, WA USA
I tried to update my profile.

My sig pic is almost two years old and the email address in my profile is even older (and no longer valid).

I make the changes in my profile and click submit, but nothing happens.

I'm sure it's just user error, but I don't know what my error is!

#648414 - 01/11/08 02:26 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: ShedHack]
Admin / Slacker
Planeteer

Shed, after you click submit, you should be positioned back at the top of your profile, and it should say that your changes were made.

Do you see that?

#648433 - 01/11/08 02:51 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
ShedHack Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Lake Serene, WA USA
No, I click submit and then it tells me I need to specify what DAW I use.

So I enter VS1880 as my DAW, click submit again and it just sits there.

#648475 - 01/11/08 03:34 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: ShedHack]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

Hey Hook. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or not but every once in a while, when I click on a thread, the screen will come up somewhere other than at the beginning of the thread.

At first I was excited that it was a new feature that remembered where I had last been in that particular thread and was taking me to the first new post that I had not yet read. This isn't the case though. It seems to be fairly arbitrary as to when it takes place and where it places me in the thread.

Maybe the software is doing something that it's supposed to but I haven't been able to figure out what that is as of yet. Like JHB used to say, "I'm not necessarily the sharpest knife in the drawer", so if this is on purpose, please elucidate.

#648502 - 01/11/08 04:14 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Jammer]
Admin / Slacker
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: ShedHack
No, I click submit and then it tells me I need to specify what DAW I use.

So I enter VS1880 as my DAW, click submit again and it just sits there.

I pulled up your profile, and filled in a few things. Try it again and let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted By: Jammer
Hey Hook. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or not but every once in a while, when I click on a thread, the screen will come up somewhere other than at the beginning of the thread.

At first I was excited that it was a new feature that remembered where I had last been in that particular thread and was taking me to the first new post that I had not yet read. This isn't the case though. It seems to be fairly arbitrary as to when it takes place and where it places me in the thread.

Maybe the software is doing something that it's supposed to but I haven't been able to figure out what that is as of yet. Like JHB used to say, "I'm not necessarily the sharpest knife in the drawer", so if this is on purpose, please elucidate.

Ya, I've noticed that on occasion as well.

One thing to try...at the bottom of every post, you'll see (on the left hand side below the quick reply box) a link called 'Mark All Read'. Try clicking that before you logout next time, and then see if the behavior still exists when you come back.

If it does, take 2 beers and call Mooseboy in the morning.

#648509 - 01/11/08 04:29 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
Jammer Offline
Planeteer

Thanks Hook, I'll give that a shot.
#648525 - 01/11/08 06:07 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Jammer]
Timster Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

The one thing I noticed right away was that the planet is alot faster now. :pve i the speed. Thanks Hook, and everyone involved. I appreciate the effort and Vs Planet.

#648539 - 01/11/08 09:28 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Timster]
Grankspoine Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Darent Valley, SE England
 Originally Posted By: Timster
The one thing I noticed right away was that the planet is alot faster now. :pve i the speed. Thanks Hook, and everyone involved. I appreciate the effort and Vs Planet.

Hear hear! I'm sure we all second Tim's sentiments.

Have you changed the default typeface, Hook? Logging on this morning (from a dark and wet London) I notice it looks more like Helvetica or Arial. I think it's much easier on the eye and far more legible, so many thanks for this!

#648560 - 01/11/08 12:23 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Grankspoine]
String Jammer Offline
Hall Of Fame Fiddler
Planeteer

Loc: Northeastern US
Hook,

I just noticed that under my name it doesn't say Artist # 240 anymore. Can that be fixed by me, or is that something you need to do? Please & Thanks!

My Sound Cloud Page

#648581 - 01/11/08 01:58 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: String Jammer]
Timster Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Originally Posted By: String Jammer
Hook,

I just noticed that under my name it doesn't say Artist # 240 anymore. Can that be fixed by me, or is that something you need to do? Please & Thanks!

Have you paid your dues? \:D

#648583 - 01/11/08 02:02 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: String Jammer]
Admin / Slacker
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Grankspoine

Have you changed the default typeface, Hook? Logging on this morning (from a dark and wet London) I notice it looks more like Helvetica or Arial. I think it's much easier on the eye and far more legible, so many thanks for this!

Yes, in the list of fonts, I moved Helvetica towards the top. Glad it helped!

Originally Posted By: String Jammer
Hook,

SJ, I need to do that. There is an existing problem with this version of the board that has to do with regular 'titles' (Space Cadet, Planeteer) vs. 'custom titles' (Planeteer / Artist #240). I'll fix it shortly, but know that it might happen again until we get the new maintenance applied.

#648626 - 01/11/08 05:14 PM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: Hook]
String Jammer Offline
Hall Of Fame Fiddler
Planeteer

Loc: Northeastern US
Okay, thanks Hook! \:\)

My Sound Cloud Page

#648895 - 01/12/08 01:58 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: String Jammer]
rhythmace47 Offline
Planeteer/Artist 208
Planeteer

Loc: Southern Wisconsin
Funny, I don't have any complaints...and I'm usually anti-change. I get a sense that there are a lot of cool features that will be more fun as well as helpful. Will fire up my artist page in the near future even though I get frustrated by the slow connection I have out here in the boonies. Still, VSPlanet has always been a great resource with plenty of interesting people. I wish I had more time to spend here. It's kind of like walking into a new store right now, but am open to the new changes. Just my thoughts for now.

#648962 - 01/12/08 06:43 AM Re: Questions Regarding the new Look and Feel - Post 'em Here! [Re: rhythmace47]
bear Offline
Planeteer

Loc: abq,nm,usa
It used to be that if you held down key and moved the mouse wheel you could change the font size up and down.

Now only the text at the top and bottom of the advertisement banner changes.

I loved that feature. Is there any way to get it back?

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159851 Topics
1850602 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.