Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#527144 - 09/08/06 04:50 PM Oktava 219 Mod
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Pensacola, FL
This mic’s salvation is in its potential for modification; otherwise, it's nothing special. I bought two of these microphones from MF in the fall of 2002 for $65 a piece, during their Oktava blowout. They sat in my humble mic locker for nearly 4 years with very little use because they were just too dark and muddy for my tastes. I held on to them, however, because I recognized the “sleeper” quality of these mics (they have a quality build to them).

Sometime in 2004 I read a review on Oktava modifications and started doing a little research on the issue. In the interim, I was buying other Chinese mics, but in January of this year I decided to take the plunge, and I sent one of my 219s to Michael Joly for modification. The mod cost me approximately $100, and the difference was nothing short of astounding.

The long and short of it is that the modded 219 is open, transparent, and probably the best mic in my locker to date (i.e., a night and day difference). So, I really can’t say enough good things about this mic with the modifications done to it.

For the record, you can NOT compare this mic to any Chinese built mic that I’m aware of. There are many fine Chinese manufactured mics out there, and I own my fair share of them (Studio Projects, MXL, Naddy, etc.), but the 219 is a different animal altogether. It does not have that high db, tinny, quality about it. It is truly more comparable to vintage mics of old—not that I claim to be an expert on such things.

I don’t know that it’s anywhere in the same ballpark as a Neumann, although I have read articles by respected engineers making those comparisons. I don’t own any mics worth $1 or $2 k, but I do know that for what I paid for the modified 219 (approximately $165 altogether) nothing else comes close.

My advice: buy the 219 or 319 as cheap as possible, contact Michael Joly about his mods, and get to work. This mic is real winner.

chris

#777340 - 10/21/08 06:38 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Update:

Recently, there were some grounding issues that came to light with the modded 219. I contacted Michael Joly and he agreed to repair it free of charge, but he talked me into upgrading to a Premium mod while he was doing the repairs. I’m glad he did. The Standard mod is a great value, but the PE mod is even better. The modded 219s are real winners in my book. There are now 3 main “go to” vocal mics in my locker, and this is one of them. . .the other two are a Shure SM7b and a SP TB1 for most applications—although the 57s, B1, B3, and C3 still get used from time to time too but not near as much.

Chris

#778007 - 10/22/08 08:32 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
FalconEddy Offline
Retired Mastering Marvel
Planeteer

Loc: Litchfield, NH, USA
Chris,

I modded a few matched pairs of MK-219's in January 2006. Mostly all new circuit board components (not the transformer).

I bought them from Guitar Center during that massive Oktava blowout sale they had (after the scandal with buying the Chinese knockoff of the same mic).

The mics I have are definitely Russian made, and produced in 2002. A salesman friend of mine let me go through a few cases of these mics so I could find a few matched pairs. It took all day, but was worth the time since I got them for $19.94 each! (in honor of the year they first hit the streets in the USA).

All my MK-219's are also fully body damped, and the screens are grounded with a wire directly to the inside of the metal case.

Since the MK-219 capsule was designed by John Peluso himself, it's no wonder these mics have a distinctively vintage (think Neumann) sound.

Here's a pair I modded:

. . Falcon

#778060 - 10/22/08 09:40 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: FalconEddy]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Thanks for sharing that Falcon. . . I have the same mics too that were produced the same year—although mine came from the sister company of Musiciansfriend. . . it seems like I paid $65 for each. . . . Mine are definitely the Russian made Oktava mics, according to Joly himself. . . But, I wasn’t aware of Peluso’s involvement in designing that microphone. . . that’s definitely interesting.

Anyway, have you tried them as overheads. Back in 2002/2003 I used the unmodified 219s for OHs, and to be honest, I haven’t found anything to date that really sounded better—even considering that they were completely stock. . . For any other application they just seemed useless, but now the modified 219 is a great all around mic. I like it so much that my nest $225 is going to go towards modding the second one so that I can have two matching 219s for overheads, and all of the other OH mics that are in my mic locker will probably go up on eBay.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Gretsch 6120 (10/22/08 09:41 PM)

#779482 - 10/25/08 06:16 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Loc: 3rd Stone From The Sun
Peluso designed the Oktava Capsules?
Where did you hear that?
I doubt that very much as the Oktava capsules have been around for a long time. Besides, in many cases I like the Oktava capsules better....less sheen but you can EQ the hell out of them and they take it very well. FWIW, besides other mics, I happen to own two MK319s and a Peluso 22 47 and 22 251.

As for the mods, the physical mods of the MK319 take minutes. The inner mesh can be pulled out with the smallest amount of effort. Take off the resonator disc, a little damping....voila, done. It took me all of 5 minutes. The electronics are a different story.

But hey, here's one for ya: My friend, Acoustic Cloud, did the acoustic guitar clips on Joys site. I sent him clips of the MK319 Joly did (with PE) and the one I did, which happened to sound fine. Guess which clips he picked?

"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#780751 - 10/28/08 03:05 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Did he pick the DIY mod? . . Keep in mind, however, that with such a test not all things are equal.

There's no doubt that the standard mod sounds great. Yet, the PE mod does make a noticeable difference IMO, and I can say that because I've had both. . . Terms like "better" or "best" are subjective.

BTW, I was curious about the Peluso thing too. I’ll have to research that one a little bit.

Chris

#781824 - 10/30/08 11:45 AM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Chris: He picked the DIY mod. I think I got lucky with the second MK319, which I bought because I had the PE mod done to my original MK319.

I was surprised when I listened to the clips myself, which were just semi-short vocal clips FWIW (one verse and a chorus of two songs). They were close, REALLY close, which is why I sent him the clips to compare. In fact, he chose the DIY mod because it had slightly more high end content, which he took as clarity (and he has a good set of ears).

Anyway, I like MJoly. I have conversed with him about mics, ideas, was sent a handful of mics from him to workout. His customer service is top notch, his technical services very good. That said, the basic 319 mod is what it is. If someone is not afraid to open their 319, it's easy.....but you have to be really careful with any diaphragm.

As for Peluso, well......I'm not all to convinced about what he's doing. As someone who was going to import Chinese mics, mod and rebadge them, I know a bit about them, and how that whole process works....including having custom built units (mics and otherwise).

FWIW, 797 audio makes nice stuff.....ever looked at the capsule mounts and electronics of those mics? Nicely made.......

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#781916 - 10/30/08 03:39 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Hey Mad, thanks for the heads up and advice. You’re one of the guys that I trust in terms of mics and mic comparisons because I know that you won and use a lot of them. I just purchased the SM7b and once I get the other 219 modified I’ll be done buying mics for a while. At this point, I think I’m stuck with the prospect of getting the PE mod for the other 219, since I want to use them as a somewhat matched pair for OH work.

BTW, do you own the M-Audio Sputnik?. . . If I had an additional $500 to put towards a mic right now I’d probably go with either the Sputnik or a SP T3.

Chris

#782177 - 10/30/08 11:11 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Getting a second 319 PE is a good idea. They a definitely good mics. I think I could live with a pair of them and maybe just another mic or two. FWIW, they take EQ really well, better than any other LD condenser I've had......somewhat like a ribbon in that way.

Oh, BTW, an affordable ribbon I really like is the karma K6 phantom powered ribbon.

I think the Sputnik is a good choice. I would pick it before the T3 for myself....the T3 if you want more excitedness, although I haven't hear the new T3.

Other mics to consider, based only on clips I've heard: The KEL audio HM7u and the HM2d.

Check out some Voice Over clips here:
JoWillie VO mic comparisons.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#782437 - 10/31/08 02:30 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Thanks Mad,

I listened to the clips that you linked of the budget condenser and dynamic mics. I really liked the modded MXL SP1, the MXL V88, the Bluebird, the Kel HM-7U, the Kel HM-2D, the Heil PR 20/22, and the SHURE SM 7b. Keep in mind that I was listening on a pair of crappy computer speakers.

Surprisingly, I think my favorite out of the voice over clips was the Kel mics. I also really liked the Bluebird and the MXL V88. That was very enlightening.

Thanks again,

Chris

#782659 - 10/31/08 08:11 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

I really like the Kel mics and the modded SP-1 (it was $39.99 stock).

On better speakers, depending on what you like, you might have a different opinion of the other mics.....I know I do.

BTW, I bought a couple of MXL mics cheap: the M3 and V6 ($100 each) and got a V63M free. I pulled out the inner mesh on the grill of all of the, the M3 and V6 had one inner screen each, the V63m had two.

The V63M had a significant change in sound - it now sounds surprisingly good. The M3 got better and I like that mic too. The V6 didn't change much and it is a warm mic, much like the V69ME (which I used to own), but maybe with less depth.

If I was starting over, I think I'd buy the KEL HM-2d and HM-7u mics. In all, it is obvious you don't have to spend a small fortune on mics.

Oh, FWIW, I looked at the innards of the KEL HM-2d from the website and it is obvious that these mics are made by 797 audio. The innards of the HM1 look much like the Studio Projects B1, although it is much warmer sounding, and the electronics ARE different.

FWIW, I think the 797 mics are made really well.

Anyway, here are some pics. Notice the capsule mount and use of two separate PCB boards on both the Kel HM-1 and SP B1. BTW, the picture of the capsule of my B1 is from the back. The front is the same:

KEL HM-1

SP B1 capsule:

SP B1 circuit boards:

These just happen to be pics I have on Google that I had to show a long time ago.

*Note: the red capacitors are WIMA capacitors - quality caps.
The older KEL doesn't appear to have them (and it's noise specs are significantly higher). The newer KEL mics mention they have WIMA capacitors.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#782664 - 10/31/08 08:18 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Here's a before and after pic of the MXL V63M:

Here's the innards of the M3. Notice the black epoxy over the *secret* components:

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#783983 - 11/03/08 04:53 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Hey Mad, that’s some cool pics and information. Thanks for sharing the comparisons between the HM1 and the B1 too. That’s very interesting.

In the clips provided, do you know who modded the MXL SP1, and how it was done? Whatever was done to that make, it made a big difference. I was also really impressed with the up front presence of the V88 right out of the box.

BTW, why did you get rid of the V69 ME? Dot, Kel, and a lot of other dudes over at Studio Forums really rave about that mic’s price point. As you know, Dot has consistently claimed it is the best budget tube mic in that price range.

The only tube mic that I have right now is the SP TB-1, and I really enjoy that mic. Yet, I have no experience with other tube mics in that price range—such as the a Rhode MTK or a MXL V69. I’ve always wondered how well it would stack up to those renowned mics.

Chris

#784375 - 11/04/08 12:51 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Chris, Jim William of Audio Upgrades modded the SP-1. All I know is that the mods are electronic. It makes a giant difference, doesn't it?

it looks like some of pictures didn't show up, re: V63M and the M3. I see the links when I edit but don't see the pics. Do you?

I like the V69ME a lot - I also dug it a wrote something for a planet newsletter regarding it....although i can't find it now. ANyway, as I said, I think it is a very good, toobey sounding mic, especially for the money.

I sold it because I had to pare down. At one point I had:
Peluso 22 47
Peluso 22 251
Blue Baby Bottle
Soundelux U195
Rode NTK
Rode K2
MXL V69ME
SP C1
(2) SP B1
AT 4033
CAD E-200
Oktava MK319
Not to mention various SD, ribbon and dynamic mics)

I really hated to sell the V69ME (and a Mullard tube in it) and the NTK, but I just had to do it.....I was going insane with mics.

So, I pared the LD locker down to:
Peluso 22 47
Peluso 22 251
Blue Baby Bottle
Oktava MK319 (since, at the time, it was only worth $50 or so)

I since have picked up a second MK319 after having mine modded. Yes, I like it that much. It's the only LD mic I could ever sing directly into with NO sibilance.....and it takes EQ almost like a ribbon.

I also got an AT2020 and MXL V63 free when I bought an MBox for my laptop. I since have sold the MBox but kept the mics because....well, for what I'd get for them it's just not worth it. I did pick up the MXL V6 and M3. The V6 is close to the V69ME, not quite, but close.....even a little warmer. I might sell it. I DO like the MXL M3....it really surprised me.

The NTK is a nice mic. Not as warm as the V69ME but more depth. Really, I have thought a lot about the need for mics as a home recordist. In general, I don't think many are needed.

If I were starting over, I would get:
The two Kels (on the clips they sound like the 22 47 and 22 251)
Modded MK319
SP B1

And I just might try the KELS, sell my mics, and do just that.

Then, you'd have:
KEL HM-7u (Neumann-ish - without too mch hash)
KEL HM-2d (almost 22 251 sounding -mid forward and no esh)
MK319 - clean but with a hint character....and mic you can EQ to your heart's desire.
SP B1 - clean, clean, clean, cheap, cheap, cheap (I bought mine new for $68!!!!).

Oh, I also really dig the Karma K-6 ribbon mic....simply cool.....

Oh well...time to go vote!

Have a great day, MM-Chris........

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#784805 - 11/05/08 02:11 AM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

I found the item I wrote for the newsletter:
http://www.vsprojects.com/newsletter/articles/2004-01-gas.html

Here's another article I wrote regarding utilizing the spaces in your house/recording area:
http://www.vsprojects.com/newsletter/articles/2004-03-gas.html

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#785112 - 11/05/08 04:11 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Thanks for the feedback and links Mad.

My current mic collection consists of the following:

SM7b
2 SM 57s
SM 58
SH50
1 PE modded Oktave 219
1 Stocked Oktava 219
3 MXL 990s
2 MXL 991s
2 Mady CM90s
SP B1
SP B3
SP TB-1
SP C3
RSM Ribbon
JTS Drum Pack
Another Nady LDC cheapo mic, for which I can’t recall the model
And an assortment of AKG and AT dynamic mics.

I’m thinking about letting go of the C3 and B3 in place of another modded 219 and either a Sputnik or maybe a MXL 69ME. Like I said, I really like my TB-1; so, I want to make sure that the next tube mic will be a good compliment to the TB-1 and not simply a lateral move.

I may also have to pick up one of those Kel mics. . .Just based on the clips you posted those things sound very good. . .surprisingly good for the money. . . Until recently I’ve always considered the SPB1 to be king of the $100 range budget LDC’s. Yet, I’m not so sure that’s true anymore.

Chris

#785319 - 11/05/08 10:02 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

I dunno, you seem pretty well set, Chris.
I would just get the second MK219 modded and call it a day.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#785808 - 11/06/08 07:57 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Hey Mad,

I feel lucky to won what I do thus far. It wasn’t all that long ago that I started out recording with a SM58, a couple of SM57s, an one MXL V67. Back then I thought I was doing great, and that was actually a pretty good start all things considered.

I fully intend to get rid of two 990s and 991s, the Nady CM 90s and the Nady CM 900. I may even let the SP B3 and C3 go, as I mentioned. In addition, I have a few budget pres that I’m letting go to because I need to liquidate some of the budget gear as much as possible.

Anyway, I think with the ribbon mic, the SM7 b, the B1, the TB-1, the 990, two SM 57s, a SM 58, and 2 PE modded Oktavas all of my bases would be covered pretty well. Yet, it’s always nice to find other colors and flavors that compliment my voice and needs.

Another thing that I’ve been thinking about is getting another ribbon mic---one that is designed specifically for vocals. There are some qualities about my current ribbon mic that I really dig on vocals.

Chris

#786127 - 11/07/08 07:34 AM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Chris, I really, really recommend the Karma K6 phantom powered ribbon. For $199 it's a no brainer.

http://www.seemics.com/products.html

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#786200 - 11/07/08 03:19 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Mad,

That looks like a really nice mic, but what would make the Karma K6 more preferable to a Cascade, Cad, Studio Projects, or Electra Harmonix ribbon? There are just so many good options out there these days at reasonable prices that it’s really hard to pin down the best option.

Still, I will definitely check out the K6. The one thing that I’ll do without a doubt is get my existing NOS R2 ribbon mc modded by Joly.

Chris

#786312 - 11/07/08 07:05 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Chris,

I had MJ "mod" my group buy/Chinese/Apex/whatever ribbons.
Unless you're going to have the transformer done, just do it yourself. $5 in time, $2 worth of damping material, voila.

Now, since I have a couple of those mics, here is the difference with the Karmas:
Phantom power = MUCH more gain.
Much tighter low end.
More high end.
Better balanced.
No mods needed - it's good as is.

Not to mention, the shockmounts that come with it are a bit unique and really good....I wish all of my mics had them.

The difference is easily discernible. Once I used the Karmas the other ribbons have been mostly taking up space in a box.

Want MJ modded ribbon mics?
I have two waiting right here for you. ;\)

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#786390 - 11/07/08 08:44 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

So, talk me through the process of modding the one I have. Removing the mesh would be easy enough, but I’m really worried about damaging the ribbon, while attempting to tighten it. How would I go about doing that?

Also, not that I could afford it right now but just out of curiosity, what would you let one of those modded ribbon mics go for?

Chris

#786548 - 11/08/08 01:21 AM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Chris, who said you have to tighten the ribbon?
Just remove the mesh, the crap around the ribbon, and add some damping to the body. The mics are pretty good sounding.

Actually, the damn thing becomes so sensitive to air/wind/ MJ recommends not walking around with it uncovered...seriously.
So, I happened to be in the "beauty" store with my daughter and bought those things black guys wear on their heads. They work perfectly.

Without hat:

With hat:

The ribbon mic cost me $110 from the group buy and $79 for the mod. So.....I dunno........make me an offer if you want to (....his regular mod is now $99.... )

In any case....we can chat about it sometime if you'd like.

Still, in good conscience, I'd have to say the Karma is a better way to go for a little more money.

-Mad

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#786733 - 11/08/08 04:18 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
SteveM Offline
Planeteer

Loc: A couple of minutes from the b...
I have a premium modded 219 and 319 (w/dome mod), and I hear a remarkable difference. I'm keeping these mic's in spite of doing some recent upgrades to my "locker".

A real sleeper yet excellent mic for < $1000 is the Chameleon Labs TS-2 LDC, if you're considering other mics. That's another LDC I'm keeping around in spite of acquiring a Wunder CM7-GT, which I find to be stunning.

All of the above have their own color. What I like about the Joly-modded Oktava's is that I find them to be a little less colored (and they're my only non-tube LDC's).

It is the essential nature of man to play - Plato

#786735 - 11/08/08 04:22 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: SteveM]
SteveM Offline
Planeteer

I also have one of those Nady type Ribbons similar to the one pictured above. It's seen little use (and I later bought a Naked Eye). I'm going to remove the internal screens, like you have done. What did you use for damping the body? And is it obvious where you put the damping once you open it up? I've read about doing that with foam, of course, but I don't know the density or type of foam that should be used.

And I love the hair net thingie, great idea.

Thanks,

Edited by SteveM (11/08/08 04:25 PM)

#786744 - 11/08/08 04:44 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: SteveM]
SteveM Offline
Planeteer

Some modding instructions with pictures:

http://www.hometracked.com/2007/08/17/ribbon-mic-mod-part-1-apex-205/

#786786 - 11/08/08 06:24 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: SteveM]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

How is the Naked Eye? Any favorite uses? Least favorite?

That's a great DIY link, Steve.

The obvious place for foam is in the body where the transformer is. Joly *modded* mine and it is just regular foam, maybe the cells are a little tighter....and it's red....but other than that, looks and feels like nothing special. The fact of the matter is I felt like an ass for paying for the *mod* after I did one and saw how ridiculously simple it is.

As for the ribbon motor, it appears he does nothing with his regular mod....maybe he tightens the ribbon if it is sagging.
FWIW, he recommends storing the mics so that the ribbon is upright. I know over time a ribbon can sag. I don't know if this is being overly cautious or not.

RE: the wind protector *hat*, it is neutral. I also have used it over the LD condenser mics in which I took the inner layers of mesh out of, just to protect them (hey, I think they come 2 in a pack for $1.39 or something )

Usually, you need some space to help block wind/plosives and I think that the closer the diaphragm/ribbon is to the grill, the less it works; the further, the better.

In general, it works on the Nady type ribbon with the large basket. Just holding the naked mic and moving it with your hand you can hear the air - with the *hat* you can't. It helps the naked Oktava MK319 a bit too, but not like a pop filter. The 219 would probably not benefit from it much as the diaphragm is very close to the basket.

With the diaphragm mounts, MJ uses a type of rubberized foam-ish material. I haven't found the same thing, but did find something similar in a Michaels craft store. The stuff he uses looks like the rubber from a playground surface, only finer. The stuff I have is more like rubberized felt-ish material and comes in self stick sheets. I am keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't deteriorate (I have only used it on the MXL V63m so far).

I'll tell you the mic that was totally transformed just by removing the two inner layers of mesh was The MXL V63M.
it was about unusable before - it was so eshy. I was just about shocked at the difference - it actually sounds pretty darned good now. For $0, it was a real bargain!

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

#788488 - 11/12/08 07:35 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: MadGuitrst]
Memphis Monroe Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Hey Mad and Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions, and information. This is really good stuff.

Mad, after reading your thoughts on modidng the ribbon I have decided to forgo that procedure for now. As soon as I get a chance I’ll check out the Karma K6.

Steve, those modding instructions will be very helpful, and I’ll put those to good use.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the modded 219s are well worth the money and are just fantastic mics all the way around. Right now, my two main “go to” vocal mics are the modded 219 and the SM7b. Plus, those mics both sound good on a lot of other sources too.

Chris

#788766 - 11/13/08 02:59 PM Re: Oktava 219 Mod [Re: Memphis Monroe]
MadGuitrst Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Gretsch 6120

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the modded 219s are well worth the money and are just fantastic mics all the way around.

Chris

Absolutely! And I do think having the premium mod is worth it....regardless of the test with my friend (Acoustic Cloud - Joey Harter).....especially with the MK219. For the money, I think they're hard to beat as an all around performer. And if you hate eshiness as much as I do, the modded Oktavas are almost a musical godsend.

- Dr. Stephen R. Covey

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159740 Topics
1849554 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.