Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#845400 - 03/31/09 12:19 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSLOVER]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

Loc: CornvILLe
Every thread goes OT.

Post some tunes. My stuff is at http://www.soundclick.com/jackhelser and http://www.soundclick.com/vjamband

Jack

PS - info on the CF / SD drive upgrade for the VS-840 can be found at http://vs840.vjam.net/vs840cf_install_revH.pdf

Edited by Cornjerker (03/31/09 12:25 AM)
Edit Reason: Added PS

#845403 - 03/31/09 12:29 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSLOVER Offline
Space Cadet

ok...i will!
be warned...its "heavy"! now where and how to post free streams? whats recommended?

#845405 - 03/31/09 12:40 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSLOVER]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

Some of the guys who collaborate online here, use http://www.yousendit.com/ to park files for downloading, in MP3 (128K/16bit/44.1kHz) format. Never used it, but I imagine you just send the file to yourself, then share the link.
#851541 - 04/18/09 02:53 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Washington, USA
Another success upgrading a VS-840 version 1.02 to the VS840-EX.

Discovered a couple things... I also changed out the sliders in this unit (I have several now from Ebay purchases).

I discovered that the 1.05 version up needs to be done with the MIDI to get consistent results.

After the 1.05 version up was done, I tried several times without success to have the 2.05 file read from a zip disk and do the version up.

The procedure I found to finally WORK is this: First format the 100 zip disk in the VS-840. THEN on a PC delete ALL the files from this zip disk. THEN copy ONLY the $SYSPRO2.VS1 file from the site given by Cornjerker. Place the resulting disk in the VS-840 that has 1.05 in it and it seems to upgrade consistently.

My problem was not deleting the several files that the VS-840 placed on the disk when formating before copying the $SYSPRO2.VS1 file to the disk.

I suspect that one must use a freshly prepared zip disk for each upgrade attempt.

#851604 - 04/18/09 12:57 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSfredy]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

VSFredy - that's strange about the ZIP disk with v2.05 not working - you're fortunate that the first attempt didn't frag your OS ROM with a "BAD FLASH" which is not always recoverable by users.

Note that once a disk has been used to flash update a VS-840, the VS-840 writes a marker file to the disk that prevents it from being used again. I suspect that has to do with using a standard VS-840 formatted disk with a song on it, otherwise the VS-840 would always default to updating the ROM thereby rendering the song inaccessible.

In deleting all the files but $SYSPRO2.VS1 from the disk, you may have deleted the 'marker file' which allowed it to work (if you tried it before and it didn't work, but wrote the marker file to the disk?)

It's been years, but when we were exploring what made the 840 tick, a few of us poked around the ZIP disks with a sector editor to examine the boot track, which is nothing special - a string of zeroes as I recall.

Seems like a few of our odd ball tests demonstrated your experience - taking a PC formatted ZIP disk and then dropping all the VS-840 files on the disk, the VS-840 wouldn't recognize it so clearly there's something in that boot track the machine recognizes (or not). Also deleted some of the files and folders and logged the results somewhere in the archives ...

One of the things we discovered by accident (copying a VS-840 disk too the root of the C: drive), the BR8 to WAV Converter program will see the files in the SONG0000.VS1 folder and convert them just as if your C: drive were a ZIP disk. So as far as the BR8 to WAV Converter software is concerned, the boot track is irrelevant. At one time I had all my songs on C: for accessibility - all that was required was to make a SONGLIST file with as many entries as there were SONG000x.VS1 folders ... (just hit the EZ MENU and create as many NEW SONGS as you need, in the same sample rate as the original, then put that SONGLIST file on your hard drive) ...

#851640 - 04/18/09 03:08 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

I have had to recover one by MIDI of 1.02 then 1.05, then ZIP 100 pf the 2.05. I have never tried to use a 250 disk for the upgrade which they have warnings about. I am not sure if MIDI will restore that.

Yes, in the song file placed during the format by the VS-840 was a file named "marker".

By cleaning the disk of any "files" left by the formating I think that is the best plan before copying the version up file.

I have two VS-840 that I have converted to EX now and another coming from eBay.. Also have an 840GX. Have an 880 coming from eBay.

Do you know any sources for the SCSI cable for inside the unit?

#851675 - 04/18/09 04:15 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSfredy]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

SCSI adapters are rare as hens teeth. Maybe see 1-2 per year come up on eBay. In the past, most haven't made it to the end of the auction, so I guess people are making private deals with the seller rather than risk loss to auction.

Honestly, SCSI is of little value if you convert to a flash media adapter - mine is Compact Flash, though I have a Syba SD adapter and would install it permanently if I had a back plate to mount the thing. See http://vs840.vjam.net/vs840cf_install_revH.pdf

About the ONLY time SCSI comes in handy, is when someone sends me music on a ZIP 250 disk and I have to get it off the disk to the CF as the PC will only grunge a ZIP 250 disk formatted by an 840EX ...

#851746 - 04/18/09 06:52 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

I got several of the ACS IDE to CF adapters down at RE-PE in Tukwila for $4 each... haven't tried them yet. I understand that the VS-840's are fussy about what CF cards are used...
#851773 - 04/18/09 08:08 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSfredy]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: VSfredy
I got several of the ACS IDE to CF adapters down at RE-PE in Tukwila for $4 each... haven't tried them yet.

Seems funny they're in a Tukwila outlet, when ACS is in Sarasota (IIRC)

Quote:
I understand that the VS-840's are fussy about what CF cards are used...

They are that ... when I found a couple 512 cards that worked, I bought a bunch. If they ever stop working, I'll switch to the SD adapter and just leave the thing flapping in the wind ...

#851866 - 04/19/09 02:12 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

The Tukwila RE-PC store is a computer SALVAGE company. They had a whole box of them removed from equipment... most are gone now...
#852556 - 04/21/09 01:37 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSfredy]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

This morning, I filed the following with the L.A. BBB, by email:

Quote:
RE: Complaint ID: 98383965 filed 2/11/2009 and closed 3/26/2009

When I filed the complaint against Roland Corp. U S, of 5100 South Eastern Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90040 (Phone: (323) 890-3700), the BBB info on the company had at least 3 unresolved complaints and the company had a "C-" grade, if I recall correctly.

Following Roland's initial response on 02/25/2009, I submitted a rebuttal on 02/28/2009 because their reply was deceptive concerning the frequency of problem occurrence and failed to adequately address the fatal operating system design flaw owners and users of their VS-840 series of digital audio recorders have suffered with for years. Specifically, on behalf of VS-840 owners, I made 3 simple requests in the rebuttal 1) post a service bulletin on their web site, 2) post the repair committment information on their web site, 3) provide a copy of the repair disk to the user community to enable users to repair their own machines. Roland failed to respond by the 2 week due date established by the L.A. BBB, so the complaint was administratively closed as non-responsive and Roland's grade was dropped to an "F".

Approximately 2 weeks after the due date established by the BBB, Roland on 3/26/2009 sent an email to the BBB, which failed to answer any of the questions and requests put to Roland in the rebuttal. Their reply did nothing for owners and users of the VS-840, whose machines have failed from nothing more than turning the unit off, ejecting a disk, or experiencing a bad flash ROM update. Note that I didn't receive notice of their new reply until several days later, when the complaint was closed and Roland's grade had ZOOMED from an "F" to an "A-" and the record of unresolved complaints had been changed to "0".

You should also be aware of other despicable action on Roland's part. The VSPlanet.com user support forums for Roland VS recorders has rarely had any assistance from Roland. All help at VSPlanet.com is volunteer, from owners and users of Roland recorders - we are a 'user to user' support type group. On March 11th, someone at the Roland corportate office, whose computer IP address was traced by a VSPLanet forum moderator, created an account under the handle "VSLOVER" and posted a message chastising and attempting to discredit me for filing complaint with the L.A. BBB. I posted a courteous reply to the message from "VSLOVER" who then revised their original message and deleted the inflammatory statements. Typical of trollish behavior often seen on forums, "VSLOVER" did not follow up on my reply and then on 3/27/2009 "VSLOVER" logged in again to post another message to chide us about the change of Roland's grade from an "F" to an "A-". You can see the discussion thread here:

http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=837392#Post837392

Aside from tracing VSLOVER's IP address to the Roland corporate office, the dates of VSLOVER's replies on the VSPlanet.com forums coincide with the responses from Roland to the BBB complaint and "VSLOVER" has only posted messages in the discussion thread for the BBB complaint against Roland.

The consensus of VS-840 users and owners I know is this: Roland has a disk that would fix this problem. Roland admitted as much in their reply. Disks can be copied. Disks can be mailed, or the software thereon can be archived and transmitted electronically for disk creation by users who download the archive. Roland claimed the disk was copy protected. Disks can be unprotected. Someone wrote the original program to repair the unit, the software program that repairs the problem cited in the complaint, resides somewhere in Roland's software program vault. All it takes is a little effort and good will from Roland to make a new disk, or an archive and provide it to users who suffer from the problem cited in the complaint. Since Roland is NOT charging for the repair of machines still owned by the original owners with proof of purchase, it should be NO issue to provide a copy of the repair disk or electronic image for ALL users, whether original or 2nd hand owner.

Roland's response and subsequent trollish behavior on VSPLanet.com forums by the user VSLOVER, is contemptuous toward VS-840 owners. Accordingly, I believe Roland deserves an "F" grade, not an "A-". Their 2nd reply was 2 weeks late, it does not satisfy the complaint, nor answer the questions in the rebuttal, so at the very least, Roland's grade should NOT go up beyond the C- they had when I filed the original complaint. Or does a 1 reply, regardless of acceptability, wipe out all negative history with the BBB?

Thank you for ongoing attention to this matter.

Jack Helser, etc., etc.

#852785 - 04/22/09 12:22 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
dhart Offline
Planeteer

Loc: albany, ny
Gee, it really gives you faith that the system works. I have not expected much from Roland because although it wouldn't cost them much they already have our money - why waste any time or money on us? But I thought the BBB would deal with this in a more honorable fashion.

It's a shame, seems much more efficient to keep a customer than to tick off him and his friends. But then I never went to business school.

#852847 - 04/22/09 03:51 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

I noticed this year old post and it occured to me that the 1.44 disk they sent you might be meant to be played in one of their floppy MIDI players, hence proprietary formatting and not Windows compatible... just an idea...
#852853 - 04/22/09 04:18 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSfredy]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

Hey VSfredy, yeah, they sent me a 1.44Mb floppy disk, rather than the ZIP 100 disk p/n specified in the user manual that I ordered. The disk has apparently gone into "substitution" ... the floppy was no good in any of the 4 PCs I have here ... the Standard Midi File player Roland uses, is Windows PC based and is available for free download from the Roland web site.

The subject of the BBB complaint, is the "Can't Version Up / Don't Match CPU / Bad Flash" error that we often see around here. At least Roland was forthcoming with the admission that it is NOT user recoverable and requires a trip to the service center, to be cycled with the closely guarded special Roland Service-Only ZIP disk, which force-flashes the ROM with v1.05, I suspect.

Once in a while, the ROM OS of a VS-840 has enough left in it to respond to a MIDI SYS-EX update - which takes 8 SMF files played through their SMF player. In fact, it happened to me with my 2nd VS-840 and I lucked out to recover it via MIDI. Others aren't so lucky as the BAD FLASH is *really* bad and completely frags the VS-840.

It isn't something we've been eager to troubleshoot / replicate since it potentially trashes the machine, and where Roland authorized dealers have been gouging owners up to $150 to douche the machines with the 'special' disk.

If you search on any one of the 3 bold terms above, you'll see there's a long history of mystery and frustration with that error and more than a few users have junked their 840 (present value $75) rather than spend $150 to have them repaired.

#853140 - 04/22/09 09:59 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

Here is the email response from the worthless BBB of L.A.:

Quote:
Jack,

We have received your recent correspondence regarding your complaint. Unfortunately, your complaint has already been pursued to the fullest extent possible through our system. We will note in our files that you are not satisfied and that the complaint is unresolved. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, your next step would be to take legal action against the company. You may also contact your State Attorney General’s Office and/or the Federal Trade Commission at: (877) 382-4357 for further assistance. Please keep in mind that your complaint will stay on the company’s record and be reported for the next 3 years.

The rating the Better Business Bureau assigns a business is determined by our composite score of such factors as its type of business, length of time in business, compliance with competency licensing requirements, complaint volume, complaint history, seriousness of complaints, how the company responds to complaints, whether or not a company has committed to our standards, and our experience with the company's industry in general. The scoring system takes into account the importance we feel each factor is to the company’s reliability.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Barroso | Customer Service Representative

Better Business Bureau of the Southland

315 North La Cadena, CA 92324

#853147 - 04/22/09 10:13 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

And here's the email I just sent back to them (like it'll do any good - surely the 'clerk' at the BBB is the expert...)

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, Elizabeth, and I appreciate you making note in the files that I am not satisfied with Roland's response to my complaint.

However, I am at a complete loss to understand how Roland went from a C- with several unresolved complaints BEFORE I filed my complaint, to an A with no unresolved complaints when I and the user community I represent, found their response unsatisfactory?

Could you tell me please, did you reopen all those old complaints and Roland provided satisfactory responses to all thee customers they've ignored in the past?

My professional background is in Quality Assurance Analysis in the aerospace industry (Boeing) and my experience with quality trend data causes me to suspect someone at the BBB has entered incorrect data or erased historical data from your grading system, that caused Roland to jump from a C- to an A- with multiple unresolved complaints. Certainly, a credible quality rating system would have caused Roland's grade to go down with an increase in unresolved complaints, not up.

Thanks for your continued attention to this matter.

Jack Helser

#853885 - 04/24/09 04:44 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

OK - heard from Elizabeth at the South L.A. BBB last evening. She writes:

Quote:
Jack,

It is unfortunate that the outcome to your complaint did not come to a satisfactory closure on your part. We do the very best we can but we can not predict or guarantee the outcome to a complaint whether or not the company happens to be a member or not.

As you’ve recognized we take a company’s response at face value. We also do the same when we accept a complaint. We’re not a party to the transaction and we are not present during any of the relevant issues nor are we during any settlement.

I apologize if you believe we could have done more to be sure that the business performed, but frankly – it isn’t possible. Your complaint against this company will stay on file for 36 months. You may wish to pursue with your State or Government agencies.

Respectfully,

And here is the reply I sent back to Elizabeth this morning:

Quote:
Greetings again, Elizabeth.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my last email.

My question has to do with Roland's grade.

At the time I filed my complaint, Roland had a "C-" with 4 unresolved complaints, as best I can recall.

I filed my complaint and rejected their answer as unsatisfactory. Their 2nd reply was 2 weeks late and still did not provide a satisfactory solution.

That SHOULD have increased their unresolved complaints by 1 and lowered their grade, one would think.

So, WHY does the number of unresolved complaints for Roland now say 0 (ZERO) and WHY was Roland's grade changed to an "A-"?

That's the question I want answered. Roland's complaint record and grade is IN ERROR.

Thanks for answering my question.

Maybe I'll file a few more complaints against Roland to bring them up to a SOLID "A" from an "A-".

Seriously, IF they aren't forthcoming with a reasonable explanation for erasing Roland's record and increasing their grade to an "A-", I'm going to drop a line to the National BBB office to complain about the South L.A. BBB office - as it appears they are either 1) the "Bureau of Bungling Buffoonery", or 2) on the take. Certainly, their credibility is shot to hell with this example of ineptitude.

#854030 - 04/24/09 11:53 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

Maybe I can find one of the trashed ones to experiment and see if I can fix it. That 1.44 floppy probably plays in one of their proprietary players. Look carefully as some of those proprietary disks actually were 720Kb as well... When I say "player" I mean a special hardware player, not their SW MIDI player.

I just got another VS-840 that was very clean but version 1.01 firmware. I had no trouble updating it to 2.05 by MIDI to 1.05 and then a zip 100 disk with the $syspro2.vs1 file on it. It was important to first physical format the zip in the VS-840. Then delete all files as seen by windows on the PC. Next copy the $syspro2.vs1 file to the disk. Next insert the disk while VS-840 is off and turn on. After it reads the disk and ejects press "yes" to the version up question.

AFTER this has been done, reading the zip disk on the PC will find a file has been added by the VS-840. It is $USERIDV.S1.
THIS FILE CANNOT be deleted by windows due to some protection so to do another update, one has to again physically format the disk in a VS-840, delete the files resulting from that, then copy the lone file $syspro2.vs1 to the disk.

Edited by VSfredy (04/24/09 11:56 PM)

#854037 - 04/25/09 12:08 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

There is a very simple answer why the BBB is doing what it did.

The BBB is near useless as they are so afraid of lawsuits they cave in to any company with clout.

I called them about a financial company once and they would not say anything other than the had "reports".

The best way to resolve this problem is to find out the procedure being used and reverse engineer what it takes to repair these units.

I noticed that in the VS-880 I just got and replaced sliders in they have a slide switch to enable ROM or FLASH... and the unit was set to FLASH... I suspect one uses the ROM setting to recover if needed.

I have wound up with three VS-840's all converted to EX's and a GX and an VS-880 now. I thought one of the ones on eBay was a fraud and would not deliver but it came through, so wound up with one more.

#854070 - 04/25/09 01:50 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSfredy]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

So, what are you gonna do with all them recorders, anyway? Planning to individually mic the Seattle symphony there? ;\)

BTW - they can be ganged with MIDI - somewhere in the archives I described the gang setup I used with 2 VS-840's ... it was not my plan to buy a 2nd one, but a friend of mine crashed my place for a week and conned me into recording a CD for him - funny how it blossomed from 1 or 2 songs to 10, some with a dozen tracks ... so I bought the 2nd one, grouped the tracks on separate units according to the FX I planned to use in mixdown, ganged them, and mixed down to a PC. Worked fine, then I traded one of the 840's for an 880 which I gave away to a student-friend who formed a band ...

The 880 so discouraged him, the band broke up, he gave up music, and went to work for a grocery store.

Jack

#854077 - 04/25/09 02:04 AM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

I printed the manual for the 880 and I can see why it would discourage some. There is so much capability in all of these that it can be hard to understand. My electronics background helps a lot. I just updated the VS-880 to the 3.205 version via MIDI. Yes, planning on ganging them.
#854819 - 04/27/09 06:45 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

Here is the final reply from the BBB:

Quote:
Jack, I am sorry that you were very dissatisfied with our services.

However, the BBB is not a government entity or enforcement agency. We are a private, non-profit organization that provides third-party mediation and reporting services. We serve to facilitate a dialogue between the consumer and company, which is based upon voluntary participation and is documented through written correspondence. Although we do our best to assist both parties in resolving the matter, we cannot force an outcome nor do we make a decision on the matter other than ascertaining for our reports whether or not the company has properly addressed the allegations of the complaint. This service is offered free of charge to consumers as a vehicle for potential complaint resolution and an alternative to expensive legal proceedings.

Thank you and no further correspondence will be provided,

THREE TIMES I asked them to explain Roland's grade and THREE TIMES they evaded the question.

There is no longer any doubt in my mind, that the BBB is ON THE TAKE, for having brought to their attention the facts concerning Roland's grade IMPROVEMENT with yet ANOTHER unresolved complaint and the ZEROING of all unresolved complaints against them, the BBB SHOULD have corrected it. Since they didn't, there can be little doubt about who butters their bread.

#854886 - 04/27/09 09:16 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: Cornjerker]
VSfredy Offline
Planeteer

Yes, the BBB is useless... I get calls all the time wanting me to join (pay a fee of course). I can't imagine they are not-for-profit. They are on the take for sure...

We will have to solve the bad flash problem ourselves. I am looking around to find a trashed unit to experiment with.

#921038 - 11/15/09 10:21 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSLOVER]
aliensporebomb Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Another thought: make friends with your friendly neighborhood repair service bureau person and see if you can make a copy of said disc or at least get the part number so it might be available from Roland.
#925830 - 12/01/09 02:54 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: aliensporebomb]
Cornjerker Offline
Planeteer

For the record, I have the service manual where the part number of that disk is listed and called Roland to order the disk. What they sent me was a floppy disk with the standard midi files on it.

Roland, in the response to my complaints to the BBB, said their shop has 1 disk, it's not sent to dealers / local repair agents any more. Other than Graham P who is in the UK and found a local guy to have it repaired with that disk, I have not heard of another shop with the disk.

My intent is to use the 840 until it dies and then move onto something else. It is, after all, 10 years old.

#1210552 - 04/14/13 07:28 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSLOVER]
merald Offline
Space Cadet

Do anyone have a diskimage (ie. for dd or something) for a working "system data zip disk"? Is stuck after clearing rom in compelling option. Tried to update from 1.02 to 1.05 via zip100-disk. Just say first "BAD FLASH!!!" and then "Can't version up".

Have made disks with 1.02, 1.05 and 2.x My goal is to run a compact flash reader i've installed.

#1212300 - 04/22/13 07:14 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: merald]
merald Offline
Space Cadet

I went for "Compelling version up", but get just "Can't versionUp!" message. Tried to make zip disk with the file for 1.02 version and 1.05 version and 2.05 version EX.

It start up with message "Bad flash!!", accessing zipdisk like it looking for some file while showing new message that is show so short time I cant catch what it says, and then going to "Can't VersionUp!" dialogue again.

So it appear to don't find what it expect on the zip disk. Is System data disk the same as System update disk?

Please help me what to do or tell me what disk I should try to get from Roland support team. My only vs-840 formatted zip disk broke now, how do i make a new one without vs-840? I know its fat16 12bit, but what label, extra files?

#1431325 - 11/18/15 07:00 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: VSLOVER]
S20MAN Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: Hungary
Hello everyone! Please help me! I have cleared the flash rom. Roland VS-840. At startup, the BAD FLASH is displayed. I have two vs840 formatted disks. Please send me service system disk file! How to restore the system? Please write it down!

VS-840/VS-840S
SYSTEM ZIP DISK
(for Service)
Version 1.02
P/N 17048691

Thanks!

S20MAN

#1467546 - 05/14/16 07:11 PM Re: Recovering from CAN'T VERSION UP and DON'T MATCH CPU [Re: S20MAN]
Skippy72 Offline
Space Cadet

Have you been able to recover since?
Page 2 of 2 <12

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159767 Topics
1849791 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.031 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.