Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#955907 - 02/27/10 08:56 PM Urgent Help Needed Using the 1180
oceantracks Offline
Space Cadet

Loc: United States
Hi all, first post, sorry it has to be an emergency.

A client who is completely non technical brought his BR1180 to my house tonight and left it with me, in hopes I could transfer 3 of his songs, or more precisely, the TRACKS of 3 of his songs, over to Logic where I could overdub and mix.

I have never seen one of these, but getting up and running with it seemed fairly easy, and the manual mentions being able to burn a CD of the WAV tracks for just this purpose. Wow, sounds like an easy evening...well, so I thought.

Two problems:

1 I locate to the first song.
2 I go to DATA SAVE/LOAD area as the manual instructs, and choose WAV as a format, and then choose my total time. In fact I tried choosing the time two different ways, manually, and just "ALL." The song is 4 minutes and something long.
3 I chose, or at least I think I chose, tracks 1-2, then tried to burn the CD.
4 About midway through it tells me the CD is "FULL," and aborts. I tried this several times.
5 Finally I manually set it to just burn about 15 seconds, and that did work. This is not making sense.

So I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong as far as choosing tracks and choosing the lengths. Somehow it obviously thinks I am trying to cram more on the CD than I am.

The other problem is even worse.

Taking the CD with just a few seconds of the song burned on it and sticking it in my Mac resulted in a "This Disc Cannot Be Recognized" or "This is not a Mac Disc" error".....so even if I can figure how to burn these tracks, how does one make the Mac "see" the CD?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Tom H

#978156 - 05/07/10 03:19 AM Re: Urgent Help Needed Using the 1180 [Re: oceantracks]
thislooks Offline
Space Cadet

If I'm not mistaken, you need to 'bounce' your tracks to tracks 9/10 so that you can burn the CD, which will be in a regular CD format.
I don't have the manual nor the 1180 with me right now, so I'm trying to do this from what I remember.
Select the song (I'm assuming each track is a different song), select the track and press the input selection button to get to 'mastering' that will bounce the selected track[s] to tracks 9/10. From there you will be able to burn your CD.
If all the tracks are in the same song try using virtual tracks... you'll need to burn at least two CDs to transfer your info (one CD with first track on L, second track on R, and the other CD with the remaining track).
Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Hook 
Hop to:
Shout Box

Who's Online
10 registered (Liquidirt, DAGtunes, pbrowne, Popmann, Alan, motown59, 4 invisible) and 15 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Jazzooo
Silversmith
Tom Mix
Timster
NOK
Forum Stats
19560 Members
35 Forums
112700 Topics
1260232 Posts

Max Online: 172 @ 10/25/11 12:34 AM
Newest Members
H_Y, rtwo, HipCat5, COW, freightyard
19560 Registered Users

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.