Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#1451767 - 02/29/16 10:45 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: bear]
virtuous Offline
Space Cadet

hey Dudes, whats up??? Been awhile since someone has posted here huh? Anyway, I am having some problems with large file sizes. I did this project on the 2480 that was just huge , and I had to back it up on two Dvds using the Roland! What is the best way to get some of these file onto the computer. Does anyone have a link to the 64 bit version of the ripper? Also, I tried the Reaper thing and it tried to import everything and I was not successful at importing just the tracks I wanted. Does anyone have any useful tips for me or am I just screwed?

https://soundcloud.com/constantharmony
https://soundcloud.com/push-drive-studios

#1451772 - 02/29/16 11:15 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: virtuous]
keeppracticing Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Atlanta
Break your songs up into individual projects, then re-save them to dvd, VSWE will work fine.
#1451773 - 02/29/16 11:18 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: virtuous]
bear Offline
Planeteer

Loc: abq,nm,usa
I have never tried a project that was so big it spanned two dvd... that is one large project -

In general - I have never had good luck ripping projects that span multiple discs from the shell out of VSWE - it has only worked for me from the command line direct execution of the ripper - Always rip the discs in order, and from the same file folder - if it works properly it will create the song folder from the first disc, and then add the additional take files from the second in the same folder.

I have no idea how it will act with multiple dvd though.

I do have an experimental version of the ripper that uses 64 bit pointers allowing memory access above 4.29gig - a totally full dvd will be a bit bigger than the 32 bit pointer wll allow. PM me your email and I will send it to you - no guarantees it will do anything reasonable though... try it and see, no harm in trying.

I will have to dig around a bit in some old backups to find this file... it may take me a bit.

#1452274 - 03/03/16 09:02 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: bear]
virtuous Offline
Space Cadet

The project is astoundingly large...23 tracks and 20 songs long way over the 1 hour mark. Ghetto Blast. Anyway, How Do I break up the songs into individual projects If I need to go that route? Never done that, but it seems I may have to.

#1452279 - 03/03/16 09:47 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: virtuous]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Loc: on land
The 2480 reference manual has a section on Song Split.
This is a method I am familiar with through the 1680, so I don't know if there's more convenient methods in the 2480, but this could possibly work easily enough for you to turn the long project into numerous smaller ones.

Song Split works by separating out v-tracks (I assume across the entire timeline). This method can be used to split out v-track layers into separate new files, while still maintaining all of the relevant original project reference data - markers, automix, tempo maps, etc.

It can also work on long, multi-song timelines by simply pre-dividing portions of the long timeline into logical sections and moving those sections to their own v-tracks (across all relevant channels).

Read up on it and see if that will work for you, virtuous.
Maybe create a simple test project of a few long tracks first and try the process out on it to get the hang of it.

The process is not undoable, so you either need to have a backup of the original project (that you've verified can be reloaded), or you need to make a copy, or you need to be comfortable with the steps, so you aren't likely to screw anything up.

I've done similar Song Split operations on the 1680 and can almost assure you that the process is easy and works well.... just test it out first, okay?

#1452293 - 03/03/16 11:54 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Frank Griffith Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 300
Planeteer

Loc: "All Be Quirky", NM
There is a way to use project split on projects, maybe some one else will chime in. Check the archives for "project Split.

One way to do this is to copy the long project of 20 songs 20 times, then open each copy and delete the 19 songs not needed, leaving one song per project.

I'm not sure if this will work with such a long project, you could run out of space. If you can copy it once, then delete 19 leaving song one, then repeat. I doubt you have room for 20 projects 20 songs long so copy them one at a time, delete all but song 1, then copy the 20 again and delete all but song 2 etc etc.

From my manual...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
COPY SONG/PROJECT
If you want to copy a song to the same partition/drive so you can keep the original before region cutting a song to make it shorter or region copying a song to make it longer or deleting multiple songs do this.

Click on PROJECT> Project List> and in the Project List window click on the page button till you see 2/4 and “F1 COPY”. Now check mark the project/song or songs to copy. Now turn the JOG wheel to place the box around the drive/partition number to copy the song or songs too. *To copy to the same partition jog the box all the way up to IDE:0. To copy to another partition jog the box down to IDE:1 or etc.

Now click on “”F1 COPY” and the Project Copy window opens. On the left it shows the project/song to copy, below that what drive it’s on, then on the upper right, the drive to copy the song too and below that “Erase All Projects.” Make sure it is check marked “OFF.” *Unless you want to erase the destination drive clean.

Now press “F5 OK” and it asks “Copy to (your drive you selected?” click on “YES” and “Store Current?” answer “YES” or “NO” if you don’t need to store the current project that’s open. Now the progress bar comes up “Loading… and Copy Project.”

It’ll take a couple of minutes. When it’s done the windows disappear and the current project is still open. If you copied the song/project to the same partition you can go to Project> Project List> and scroll to the end of the list of songs and find it there. You can go to Project> Name> and rename the current project so you don’t get them mixed up. *To check a song on another drive you have to select that drive from the project list window.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If all you need are the songs mastered for burning to CD.
You could just master the songs one at a time then IMPORT the master tracks into an new empty project.
Open a new empty project then on the TRACK menu you'll find track import if I'm remembering properly. You can IMPORT them masters from other projects into the new one and burn them to disc. If that's the route you decide to go, run a new post and let others helps with this as well.

Hope this works.
Frank

Edited by Frank Griffith (03/04/16 12:18 AM)
VS2480DVD,3-VS8F-2/1-VS8F-3 & 5 plugins+Auto-Tune,MassHiRes EQ,UA Bundle,Chrometone,Soundblender/TC Reverb,T-Racks.Dyns BM5A's,Roland DS50A's,M-Audio 2.1,PreSonus TubePre w/Rode NT1000,SM57&58,MXL V57&V67,B-5,XV5050,Yamaha P200,Oxygen8 V2,Behring V-amps,SansAmp DI, Taylor,Gibsons,Fender,Ric,Washburn Bass.2 RPC-1's,PC Sonar 4, Acid 5, Wavelab etc.

#1452322 - 03/04/16 02:39 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Frank Griffith]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Project Split instructions can be found on page 101 of the "VS-2480 Reference Manual" pdf. I don't know if that the same page in the hard copy manual.

You do not need to make multiple copies of your original and erase all the unneeded tracks to perform Song Split - although you can certainly accomplish your possible need to split up your project in that manner, as Frank suggests.

I strongly suggest that you have at least ONE copy of your original project, just for safe keeping, if wanting to do the Song Split as outlined in the Roland manual.

The beauty of the official Song Split (as I see it) is that it allows a person to break up a long timeline multi-track recording by simply moving parts of the timeline to sets of v-tracks - then performing multiple song splits to the v-tracks and all from the same original copy. This avoids all the extra time needed to make multiple copies of the long/large project, possibly running out of hd space and does not require stripping out all the unneeded tracks from each copy.

Both Frank's method and the Roland one outlined in the manual are effective solutions for long and large projects - What works depends on your particulars - hd space, time, how many v-tracks are used up already, etc.

I just want to clarify that the two methods we've spoken of are not the same and one is not necessarily better than the other in every case.

#1455424 - 03/17/16 06:12 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Zed Leppelin]
JPS KID Offline
Planeteer/Aritst # 193
Planeteer

Loc: Peabody, Mass
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....The VS wav extractor worked really well and easy once I figured I had to add .zip to the name of the file. Once that little secret was discovered the rest was a breeze. I was able to get to the Original tracks of a song that was in limbo for 8 years. VS forum rocks with cool people. I have been using a Mac with Digital Performer for the last 8 years or so. It is awesome BUT the VS 2400 i had was still to this day the best all in one unit I ever owned. I wish I never sold it. Been looking at them on ebay ...it's tempting just for the Cosm Guitar alone
Thanks again brother and sisters

#1455431 - 03/17/16 06:57 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: JPS KID]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: JPS KID
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....The VS wav extractor worked really well and easy once I figured I had to add .zip to the name of the file. Once that little secret was discovered the rest was a breeze...

At first I didn't quite get what you meant by this, but figured out that you were talking about the conversation in your original thread..... where Frank posted the link to the goodlibrary and the VSWE link - Glad to see that's up and running! - And after trying the VSWE download link, I see what you mean about the lack of the .zip file extension! I guess Windows decided that the .24a in the file name was the extension?... but like you say, add the .zip extension and the complete folder of files is revealed! They pass the virus scan on my pc, too....

Glad you got it all worked out - VSWE and bear's CD ripper are fantastic!

#1456068 - 03/20/16 06:28 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
virtuous Offline
Space Cadet

I will check into the song split, it sounds like I may have to do that. I'm just trying to get the stem files. Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it.

#1474964 - 06/19/16 04:08 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: bear]
eggwheat Offline
Planeteer

Loc: South Coast UK
Hi all, is this anything to do with my problem?
I tried to rip two separate projects backed up on one DVD (totally about 4.4gb). Looked like they ripped ok. Song 1 threw up loads of errors in VSWE during conversion..out of 54 wavs 48 were silent and 1k in size, 6 worked. Song 2 show no audio files in it at all in VSWE before you even try to convert.

im on windows XP 32 bit machine.

Originally Posted By: bear
I have never tried a project that was so big it spanned two dvd... that is one large project -

In general - I have never had good luck ripping projects that span multiple discs from the shell out of VSWE - it has only worked for me from the command line direct execution of the ripper - Always rip the discs in order, and from the same file folder - if it works properly it will create the song folder from the first disc, and then add the additional take files from the second in the same folder.

I have no idea how it will act with multiple dvd though.

I do have an experimental version of the ripper that uses 64 bit pointers allowing memory access above 4.29gig - a totally full dvd will be a bit bigger than the 32 bit pointer wll allow. PM me your email and I will send it to you - no guarantees it will do anything reasonable though... try it and see, no harm in trying.

I will have to dig around a bit in some old backups to find this file... it may take me a bit.

#1474980 - 06/19/16 05:15 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: eggwheat]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: eggwheat
Hi all, is this anything to do with my problem?
I tried to rip two separate projects backed up on one DVD (totally about 4.4gb). Looked like they ripped ok. Song 1 threw up loads of errors in VSWE during conversion..out of 54 wavs 48 were silent and 1k in size, 6 worked. Song 2 show no audio files in it at all in VSWE before you even try to convert.

im on windows XP 32 bit machine.

This may have to do more with the way VSWE exports .wav files from the VS tracks, than a problem with bear's ripper. Although, if you did the rip through VSWE instead of by command line, then maybe you should PM bear and ask him about it.

Otherwise, if you had use the "All" button to conveniently export your tracks, try exporting one or two tracks at a time in VSWE and see if that doesn't cut down on the errors.

Lately, I've run into an issue with zero byte files and have found that I can fix that by re-exporting those tracks and overall, by selecting a few tracks to export at a time, instead of all at once.

#1475020 - 06/19/16 08:15 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
eggwheat Offline
Planeteer

Loc: South Coast UK
Hi, thanks..but no it's a problem with the ripper..the reason I got all the errors and problems is because it didn't rip the DVD correctly. Once ripped, in song 1 a lot of the files that start with the letters TK were missing, in song 2 they were all missing.

I fixed the problem by burning each project onto separate DVD's..not ideal as it wastes discs..but it worked.

Still i'd liked to know what is causing it exactly and if there is a fix.

#1475029 - 06/19/16 09:01 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: eggwheat]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

glad you found a way around it. I'll have to remember that next time I run into errors.

#1479139 - 07/10/16 05:59 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Loc: the Netherlands
Hello,

Latest file-versions I have are these:

VSWE 1.2.0.4 (2007-Nov-01)
RDAC.dll (2007-Oct-20)
Cd2Roland.exe (2010-Jan-04)
reaper_vs.dll 2006-Dec-14)

Can anybody please tell for which files newer versions exist ?

(Trying to get VSWE/Reaper working for the VSR-mode of my VSR-880)

Thanks!

--------------------

#1479178 - 07/10/16 08:04 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

I have a CD2Roland that is dated Sept 02, 2011, but I don't know that it's a more recent version than yours. It may be one that bear sent to me at special request and that may just be the creation date of the file he sent...... I don't know exactly how all that works.

Everything else I have is dated the same as yours...... that later CD2Roland file is in the same folder, by the way.

You should consult with bear on this, really, since he is the "keeper" of these utilities. Try sending him a PM.

Also, note that in the 1.23a release notes for VSWE, it says the following:
Features:
.) supports MT1/MT2/MTP/M16/M24 formats
.) supports 2480, 2400, 1880, 1680, 880EX, 880VX, 880 and 890
.) supports direct harddisk access
.) supports VirDis: simply drag .bin or .hdd files into the list
.) supports files ripped from backup CDR/DVD: drag SONG files into the list
.) Partition Analysis function for data recovery
.) create self extracting RDAC files

Notice that the VSR880 is not among those VS units listed, nor is the VSR mode. If your other VSR880 modes are working, than maybe VSWE is not able to work with the VSR mode, as it is not with LIV and (evidently) MAS modes (although I've never tried with a MAS mode before).

#1479195 - 07/10/16 09:43 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply & for having a look at those versions, much appreciated!

> I have a CD2Roland that is dated Sept 02, 2011,

FWIW, the CD2Roland file I have is 1.335.860 bytes.

(I have PM'd Bear, but don't now how active he still is here)

Like you say, listed modes with the VSR-880 DO work with VSWE. I (only) tried a song with MT2 recording mode, and that worked perfectly.
Simply putting the SD-card (I'm using a 'converted' drive instead of the HDD) in an USB card reader makes those files being seen by VSWE, very nice.

The songs with VSR recording mode are understandibly listed as 'UKN' (unknown) though, which is according to the release notes for VSWE, like you also mentioned.

But I read about just a slight difference between MTP & VSR-modes though (thread http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1266752&fpart=1 #1247948 - 2013-10-03 21:53 Re: Vsr880/890 gurus: vsr mode 24bit why uses less space? )

In that thread there was a mentoning of VSWE v1.25, a beta, an exe 'derived' by forum member mutetourettes. I've also PM'd him, but no idea if he's still around.

In case anybody else has that v.125-beta available I'd be more than interested!

Thanks/best regards

--------------------

#1479197 - 07/10/16 10:42 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

> FWIW, the CD2Roland file I have is 1.335.860 bytes.

Yes, I also have that one from Jan, 2010 - bear called it CD2Rol022 - up from a previous one he sent to me called CD2Rol018, IIRC. Also, one dated from June of 2010 - same size. The one from Sept is somewhat smaller... not by much.

The Reaper VS Plugin Version 0.991 readme.txt mentions that it supports the VSR mode, by the way. That's also shown as Dec 14, 2006, so must be the one you say you have.

I recall the thread you linked to, although I didn't remember the discussion about a v. 1.25 beta being developed.
I had recently emailed danny (the developer of the original) about VSWE issues I was experiencing and he informed me that he was no longer developing the program.

#1479200 - 07/10/16 11:15 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Thanks again for the response. And thanks for checking those versions/sizes. So I understand the latest CD2Roland-version you have is from Sept 2010? Sounds like differences are tiny/not that blocking w.r.t. functionality I figure ?

I can well imagine people are moving on to other gear and/or stop developing tools. What they did was already superb!

Yet there are those that keep on using, or in my case, kind of rediscover (say having two VSR-880 units at different locations is very convenient, just take along the drive. OK, don't need to tell you guys this ;-)

On topic:
I'm refreshing my understanding of all this again, (please correct me if I'm wrong here):

Method 1. [ relevant here: VSWE & RDAC.dll ]

I had hoped the easiest route would have worked: VSWE for VSR directly pulling the files from an USB-reader connected SD-card.
Fair enough, VSWE doesn't support that mode, as documented (unless v1.25 happens to do the trick, let's see if anyone reads this & has that version available)

Method 2. [ relevant here: Cd2Roland.exe & reaper_vs.dll ]

The alternative method will support VSR-mode, but is less easy w.r.t. getting the files inside a Win-laptop:
an intermediate step with a backup-CD required. In case a smart shortcut is possible here then I'm all ears, but if there's no free lunch here then can understand.
Cd2Roland will only operate on backup-files, correct?

Method 3.

I realize a less elegant but not necessarily slower route exists in the approach of simply doing a real-time transfer.
Happen to have a DIF-AT24, so can transfer 8 simult tracks by ADAT into a Desktop-PC (or get an USB 2.0 interface with ADAT input).
It takes more throughput-time, but less user-interaction/steps.

Thanks/best regards

--------------------

#1479224 - 07/11/16 01:52 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

1- Good luck with that - hope there's something there.

2- I just tried the .bat file method with CD2Roland. I remembered how to change the drive letter in the .bat, but no go - It recognized that it wasn't a CD-ROM drive and wouldn't continue with the SD card I had. Maybe bear has a snifty alternative?

3- I used to transfer 8 analog tracks at one time from the 1680 to PC through an RME Multiface and PCI card, when I first started using the PC for recording. I never felt there was any great loss of quality going analog, but with the DIF, I guess there's a digital advantage there for you. It's not really very painful of a process - unless it's that painful to listen to your own work as you transfer in realtime. \:\)

#1479289 - 07/11/16 12:33 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Hi,

1. Was just kindly sent the 'custom' v1.25 file, will be trying!

2. Thanks for the info. Too bad it wasn't possible this way, but at least good to know.

3: So true, we're probably being a bit obsessed for doing digital transfers - the world doesn't end with an added D/A-->A/D.
Yet the idea of better safe than sorry (so having a digital transfer) and/or quick transfer is attractive. Ha, I hear what you say, hearing all goofs etc can be a bit of a pain indeed - I just turn down the volume & do some other stuff meanwhile. Having the tracks in the computer after that step, it's easy to select the relevant parts (& to ignore the less than perfect bits ;-) ).

Have a good day

--------------------

#1479334 - 07/11/16 03:51 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Hey! 1- Please let me (us) know the results of the 1.25 version!
Let us know any additional changes, if you can.

3- I just leave the room... \:\)

#1479702 - 07/12/16 10:05 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Hi,

Quick update:

As it happened we had a little recording session yesterday, so could put that v1.25 directly to the test. :-)

Looks like the v1.25 did the trick for VSR-files! Thanks to (fill in: fellow user that has meanwhile sold his VS-machine, but still kindly sent me the file - Please let me get in contact with him before he gets flooded with additional request. With his permission I'll kindly forward, please stay tuned)

Additional quick observations so far (was eager to try this version, but only able to do a quick check & transfer):

+ the transferred files are indeed 24 bit, and seem to be troublefree. Nice !

- I should have a closer look whether the full partition was shown & converted - thought something was missing, not sure, to be checked.

Bye

--------------------

#1480285 - 07/15/16 11:15 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Hmmmmmm, bummer, ...

... after the succesfull transfer to PC with VSWE (using an USB-card reader for the SDHC-card), I re-inserted the card in the VSR-880 again, and it is no longer recognized: it offers to format it, and no other options.

I DID LOCK the SD-card with the slider, but somehow Windows (Win XP SP3 on that machine...) still manages to write something to the card, which is pretty disturbing. :-(

At least that's what I'm assuming that is the cause for the card no longer being recognized by the VSR-880.

I must say I might have done a right click / for properties / on that drive, but again, the slider was always in the LOCKed position.

Any alike experiences ?

Have a good weekend

--------------------

#1487334 - 08/16/16 11:24 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Ptr
... after the succesfull transfer to PC with VSWE (using an USB-card reader for the SDHC-card), I re-inserted the card in the VSR-880 again, and it is no longer recognized: it offers to format it, and no other options.

I DID LOCK the SD-card with the slider, but somehow Windows (Win XP SP3 on that machine...) still manages to write something to the card, which is pretty disturbing. :-(

UPDATE:

It looks like the problem was simply because the SD-card slider was still in the 'LOCKED' position. When I used the SD-card (+IDE-adapter obviously) with UNLOCKED slider, the VSR-880 could read the card again fine.

Looks like the VSR-880 needs write-access to the drive when starting up.

Bye

--------------------

#1487350 - 08/16/16 01:26 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Hey! It sounds like you've had success with this afterall... great news!

Seems to me that you should not need to set the locked tab at all, as long as you don't fool around with what's in the card's folder while it's on the pc side.

I don't recall ever locking or unlocking the card when I'd done this operation.

Anyway, great that you've got it working for you now!

#1487353 - 08/16/16 01:39 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Ptr Offline
Planeteer

It should work fine, I'm confident, but to be totally sure I didn't lose our work (we recorded several takes of a new song, would hate to see that becoming lost) I went step by step.

So after the VSR-880 became friends again with that SD-card,
I did a realtime transfer of the tracks to DAW (by means of R-BUS & RPC-1).

Now having those files in the PC I can retry the filetransfer with VSWE. It'll be way more convenient obviously, but I didn't want to lose those tracks, so first did the realtime transfer.

Does it work for you ?

Bye

--------------------

#1487362 - 08/16/16 02:17 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Ptr]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

Absolutely.

#1495795 - 09/28/16 01:57 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: shanabit]
Bruce Williams Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Northern Illinois
any 2480DVD users with windows 10 having issues?
#1517883 - 02/02/17 07:29 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Bruce Williams]
muzikalgeeneeyus Offline
Space Cadet

Hey Planeteers, tried downloading VS WaveExport today and keep getting a message saying that it contains malware that will harm my computer.

Does anyone have a link to a clean file? It would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Planeteers

#1517892 - 02/02/17 07:50 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: muzikalgeeneeyus]
Wish Administrator Offline
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
It's a false malware warning and has been happening for years now. The file is safe to download.
#1517914 - 02/02/17 08:47 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Wish]
muzikalgeeneeyus Offline
Space Cadet

Thanks Wish for your help and advice, got it sorted.

Cheers.

All the best Planeteer

#1521360 - 02/27/17 11:09 AM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: muzikalgeeneeyus]
Dr. Altsack aka Volltreffer Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Munich, Germany
Used the export yesterday, after having tried for two days in vain with the 2480 alone...

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Project was a rather big MTP 88.2/24 project, that spanned 3CDs. Ripped it from command line. It seems as if everything worked perfect, except for the stereo files that I created in the mastering room. It might have been the problem that they were located 23-16/24-16 or something related to being a stereo WAV in that Resolution... Sound was - well old style data sound - dunno how to describe.

The only thing that I found disturbing was the rather long time that was needed to rip the CDs. But that might have to do something with the huge amount of very short phrases used in the project. And compared with export of tracks (which seemed to be too large for being exported!) it still a lot faster!

So, after two days, I got everything done in some hours, which is GREAT! Otherwise I would have had to ship my 2480 into the studio to transfer everything via adat...

Great work, nice UI (which is very often the problem in my SW), very usable. (The only Thing that took me a while was the fact that I had to drag the individual files from the SONG directory to see the project. (But I did not read the description...)

So thanks again from me,

aXel

aXel
------------------
\:D imply depressed \:D

#1521363 - 02/27/17 01:30 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: Dr. Altsack aka Volltreffer]
uptildawn Offline
Planeteer

NICE! The ripper and VSWE are such a tremendously important and useful combination of tools for us VSers.

not sure why your stereo master files would have come out weird... not sure what you mean by old style data sound - but maybe there was a sample rate mismatch in your pc going on there??

#1521580 - 02/28/17 07:08 PM Re: VS WaveExport Instructions [Re: uptildawn]
Dr. Altsack aka Volltreffer Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Munich, Germany
... it seemed like that sound when old CD players were (erroneously) used to play data discs. Only a few could, but it sounded REALLY ugly! \:D

aXel
------------------
\:D imply depressed \:D

Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>

Hop to:
Top Posters
AL
Ismellelephant
Jazzooo
Timster
Silversmith
Mooseboy
C Jo Go
Popmann
Tom Mix
moontan
gonzo
flatcat
NOK
Memphis Monroe
Doughboy
Marty Gilman
RGR
fabulousthunderbird
paulb
Vanillagrits
fonts
MadGuitrst
ulank
glensimonds
vvvm
Forum Stats
21370 Members
26 Forums
159754 Topics
1849627 Posts

Max Online: 386 @ 01/18/23 04:57 AM
Newest Members
AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum, Selfish, VSDeadHead77
21370 Registered Users

Generated in 0.027 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.