Recording a Song
Here’s how to record audio onto Track 1 using the
Create a New Project
1. Press PROJECT.
2. Press F2 (NEW)—the default setting for the
SAMPLE RATE is 44.1k, and the RECORDING
MODE is MTP. We recommend using the default
settings when creating a new project.
3. Press F5 (OK)—“Create New Project, Sure?” is
displayed. Press ENTER/YES.
Note: If “Store Current?” appears, press ENTER/YES
to save changes to the currently loaded project
before the new one is created.
Adjust Input Levels
1. Connect a dynamic microphone to either the
XLR or the 1/4” INPUT 1 jack.
2. Press the IN 1-16 button so it lights.
3. Raise the Input 1 fader to 0db.
4. Press F1 (INPUT) on the main display to view
the input meter.
5. While speaking or singing into the mic, adjust the
input SENS knob beneath the INPUT 1 jacks so
that the displayed level is between –4 and –12.
Record Your Performance
1. Press the TR 1-16 button.
2. To select and arm Track 1, press the TRACK
STATUS Button 1 until it flashes red.
3. Raise Track 1’s fader to find a comfortable
4. Press REC—the light above REC flashes red to
indicate that the VS-2480DVD is ready to record.
5. Press PLAY—REC and TRACK STATUS Button
1 light solid red to show you’ve begun recording.
6. Press STOP when you’re done recording.
7. Press ZERO to return to the beginning of the
project. Press PLAY to listen to the track and, if
necessary, adjust Track 1’s listening level again.
Add Reverb to a Recorded Track
Use the following procedure to listen to Track 1 with
1. Press the EFFECT button.
2. Press F1 (FX1) and then press F1 (PATCH).
3. Highlight “P046 RV: Vocal Plt” and press F5
(SELECT) to confirm your choice.
4. Press CH EDIT for Track 1.
5. Highlight “dB” in the AUX 1 box.
6. Press TRACK STATUS 1 until it lights green,
and then PLAY to play back Track 1.
7. Turn the TIME/VALUE dial to set the AUX 1
value to -9 dB—the higher the value, the more
reverb you’ll hear.
8. Press HOME (DISPLAY) to return to the main
Edited by oneammonday (05/05/23 05:12 PM)