Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#1870442 - 11/17/23 08:08 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Infinitymobile]
Wish Administrator Offline
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
It doesn’t sound like Dan to me, but I could be wrong.

#1870444 - 11/17/23 08:33 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Infinitymobile]
Popmann Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Twangville, TN
Doesn't sound like him to me at all. FWIW.
#1870445 - 11/17/23 08:36 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Infinitymobile]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

When Mooseboy gets back from his trip he may have some video.

#1870449 - 11/17/23 09:03 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Wish]
Infinitymobile Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Kansas City
 Originally Posted By: Wish
It doesn’t sound like Dan to me, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: Popmann
Doesn't sound like him to me at all. FWIW.
Thank you guys! There were a few low 'gruffy parts that I heard first that I thought might be him.....but the rest made me think it was Scotty.....after listening to more, I agree that it is not him. I found some other tracks on my PC but none of them are Danny.....so I will have to check my 2480.

peace
Thad

My name is Thad Scott

http://www.infinitymobilerecording.com

MAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOMES!!!!!!!!

#1870450 - 11/17/23 09:08 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Infinitymobile]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

He made it a point to let me know that he was planning to get together with Wild/Skywave.....I think to see my reaction. \:D

[Skywave]Dan and I had something of a correspondence going on. He was always a perfect gentleman and I had vague plans to visit him in Joshua Tree. He is one of those special people and will be sorely missed.

#1870480 - 11/18/23 06:50 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Infinitymobile]
C Jo Go Offline
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
 Originally Posted By: Infinitymobile
 Originally Posted By: Vanillagrits
I had a really pleasant time with Dan a few years ago when he came to Missouri for a visit.
We had a dinner with Dan, Milkman, Chimp, Infinitymobile, Fabulous T-bird and myself.
He made it a point to let me know that he was planning to get together with Wild/Skywave.....I think to see my reaction. \:D

It was definitely a pleasant time and we had some good laughs.

Next day we had a BBQ/Jam at Chimps house with all the aforementioned folks with a surprize visit from Mooseboy.

We jammed for hours and really had a great time.

Lately he was very unhappy with me and I'm not sure why and it doesn't matter. I'm just glad our in person time was good and I'm grateful for it.
That was a very good time! I should see if I can find the recordings from the jam to see if we might have something recorded from that day with Danny on vocals? If I can find something, I could post the tracks online and people could have a go at mixing some never before heard, live Danny Ray Barnes tune(s)..... would anyone be interested in this?

peace
Thad

If its loadable in my DAW --- ready ~!

#1870491 - 11/18/23 11:48 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Infinitymobile]
fabulousthunderbird Offline
Planeteer

Originally Posted By: Infinitymobile
 Originally Posted By: Vanillagrits
I had a really pleasant time with Dan a few years ago when he came to Missouri for a visit.
We had a dinner with Dan, Milkman, Chimp, Infinitymobile, Fabulous T-bird and myself.

It was definitely a pleasant time and we had some good laughs.

Next day we had a BBQ/Jam at Chimps house with all the aforementioned folks with a surprize visit from Mooseboy.

We jammed for hours and really had a great time.

Lately he was very unhappy with me and I'm not sure why and it doesn't matter. I'm just glad our in person time was good and I'm grateful for it.
That was a very good time! I should see if I can find the recordings from the jam to see if we might have something recorded from that day with Danny on vocals? If I can find something, I could post the tracks online and people could have a go at mixing some never before heard, live Danny Ray Barnes tune(s)..... would anyone be interested in this?

peace
Thad

Didn't he do that Young thing about tin soldiers & Nixon coming? 4 Dead in Ohio?? Unsure of song's title...

I am fonts

#1870498 - 11/18/23 01:37 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: fabulousthunderbird]
Vanillagrits Offline
Planeteer

I know we did Rockin in the Free World.
Pete, you're thinking of Ohio. We may have played that too.
I remember Gimme Shelter and Whipping Post and Johnny B Goode.

We ran through so many songs it's hard to remember them all. I do remember Dan and Scotty Jr singing their asses off and you, Chimp and Mooseboy playing some great guitar.

I had my hands full on bass keeping up and trying to keep the drummer from speeding up every time he played a fill.

It was a really good time. And the BBQ was God's own BBQ.

#1870610 - 11/19/23 08:24 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Vanillagrits]
Mooseboy Offline
That's "MR. Asshole" to you, buddy!
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
Oh man… I’m still in shock and disbelief, just having heard about it a few hours ago. What a voice, what a kind and beautiful soul.

I’m away from home now, with limited access, but when I get back, I’ll check for a couple of things: some video from the KC BBQ, and video of Danny Ray’s rockabilly band in Redondo Beach.

Goodbye Danny Boy. The pipes are callin’

#1871290 - 11/25/23 07:51 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Mooseboy]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

Here's a poem one of my dear friends wrote about losing a dear friend:

Sometimes it's hard to really see
why things have to be the way they seem to be.
When life gets tough and fate capricious
and saying "I care" ends up sounding specious.
When words come stumbling and learning too late
there's nothing to do but stand quiet and wait.

Sometimes it's hard to really know
if you've said all the things you should have said long ago.
If thanks have been offered and love's been expressed
out of joy for a life and not what comes next.
To lay out your feelings and open your heart
to think not of endings but going back to the start
of lives lived together and happy days spent
before we learned life is not given, but lent.

Sometimes it's hard to have to try
to be as strong as you can as you're saying goodbye.
When you don't want to read the end of the story
with each chapter a trial, each pain mandatory.
Every page is a day in the life of a friend
that ends up as a book that you don't wish to end.

But, the good thing about books and the lives of friends too
on the shelf of your heart, they wait there for you.
There to be re-read and learned from once more
and cherished and treasured from all held in store.
So, take heart, my friend, from an old friend who knows
a life is a book that you never have to close.

© Jim Rupert

#1871291 - 11/25/23 08:00 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Mooseboy]
Alan Offline
Member of the DNA (National Dyslexic Association)
Planeteer

Loc: Sauchie, Scotland, UK
https://www.facebook.com/AlanBrownSmith/videos/171864249502432

#1871353 - 11/26/23 02:02 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Alan]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

This is still hitting me hard, I guess I thought Dan would be around for some time to come and we would have some musical fun in the future. It just seems surreal and unreal that he no longer walks the Earth.

I had mentioned to him about being careful on bikes, like George Clooney had to stop riding after an accident that could have cost him his life. One is just so unprotected on a cycle. There is a reason the doctors call them donor cycles. So, especially if you are an older guy, be very careful, the reflexes will not be what they were, and people want to keep you in the world.

#1871354 - 11/26/23 02:03 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: SkyWave]
Wish Administrator Offline
🌴 VSP Moderator 🌵
Planeteer

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I wonder if he was wearing a helmet….

Yep….motorcycles can be dangerous, and you better dress appropriately for the
situation.

I can’t believe he is gone either. So sudden and unexpected, with all the fun music stuff he was doing and sharing here.

#1871363 - 11/26/23 02:28 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Wish]
Doofie Offline
Doofie
Planeteer

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I honour Dan's riding spirit, even as I mourn his death.

I think I know why he rode, but I also think I couldn't rationalize it to someone who wasn't a rider, and especially to someone who wouldn't ride. It's a risk and a celebration all at the same time.

But I sure do feel the empty spot where he used to be.
-Seneca The Younger ~76AD

I'm David McMillan. My friends call me Chuck.

#1871366 - 11/26/23 02:56 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Doofie]
Mooseboy Offline
Loquacious Planeteer

I was on vacation when the news broke, so I didn't hear about it right away. When I did, it crushed me.

And then I thought I saw Danny Ray several times during the next few days. I'd look at a gent, and something about him reminded me of Danny Ray.

#1871368 - 11/26/23 03:00 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Doofie]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

I get the allure of motorcycles, the freedom and all, and used to enjoy riding when I was a younger puppy. But several friends lost their lives far too young in bike accidents and that dampened my enthusiasm.

An interesting factoid is that the more experienced a rider is, the less likely he is to have a fatal accident. Once you have seen or understood some of what can happen, you anticipate and take care.

#1873860 - 12/18/23 08:56 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: SkyWave]
SkyWave Offline
Planeteer

Joshua Tree is magnificent and magical and I was happy for him that he settled in such a beautiful spot.
#1873954 - 12/19/23 03:36 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: SkyWave]
Glenn Freeman Offline
Proud Anti-Fascist
Planeteer

Loc: The Windmills of my Mind
My deepest condolences to Danny's family and friends.

Voltaire.

#1875701 - 12/31/23 04:00 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Glenn Freeman]
airproofing Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Minnesota
<iframe width="460" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iEM567qa-2U?si=DIeIM8f_PjNXu6Cx" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/iEM567qa-2U?si=rluCCWqyJ1kPGiDz

Dan on video doing a tune of mine back about 13 years ago.

Edited by airproofing (12/31/23 04:00 PM)

"Do you expect me to talk? No Mr. Bond I expect you to die."

#1875706 - 12/31/23 04:14 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: airproofing]
Webster Offline
Planeteer

That was outstanding. Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful tribute.
#1875745 - 12/31/23 08:26 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Webster]
Dave Morris Offline
Planeteer/Artist # 75
Planeteer

Loc: Waterloo, Ontario
Absolutely first class. That could easily be a hit record.
Very nice tribute to a fine man and musician

#1875798 - 01/01/24 01:34 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Dave Morris]
Starliner Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Florida - Dunnellon
Wow! That was just great!

RIP Dan...

Starliner

#1875804 - 01/01/24 02:23 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: Starliner]
MadGuitrst Offline
PinocchiAL's Puppeteer
Planeteer

Loc: 3rd Stone From The Sun

That was tremendous all around!...and man, what a vocalist Dan was.

#1875819 - 01/01/24 03:49 AM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: MadGuitrst]
C Jo Go Offline
EMERITUS ~ VS Roland
Loquacious Planeteer

Loc: carmel valley,ca
Great performance --- Dan coming through strong ~!!! thanks

#1876058 - 01/02/24 08:29 PM Re: Terrible news: Danny ray Barnes rest in peace [Re: C Jo Go]
airproofing Offline
Planeteer

Loc: Minnesota
Thanks fellows. Dan wanted to re-do it sometime as he was so much slimmer than back then.

"Do you expect me to talk? No Mr. Bond I expect you to die."

Page 3 of 3 <123

Hop to:
Newest Members
raultv, Bgdlive59, AncientJuan, jairo santos, drshum
21372 Registered Users

Generated in 0.036 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.